Hepatitis B Community
Iron supplement safe 27mg???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Iron supplement safe 27mg???

Hello everyone. My OB prescribed me iron as part of the prenatal vitamins for my thrird trimester. Dosage is only 27mg. Is that safe for liver? She didn't take blood or anything. She just said for precaution.
iron is not good for us and the liver and it makes absolutely no sense to take it without checking if levels are deficient

iron and cancer
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12957299

check your iron levels and if deficient try to change diet first and use supplements if very low

it is more important to check that vitd25oh is 40-60ng/ml and that you eat organic foods first and then iron
Thank you stef.