Hepatitis B Community
Is Exxura (Peg Interferon) Working?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is Exxura (Peg Interferon) Working?

Hi All,
Is Exxura (Peg Interferon) Working for any one here? For my case, it increase my HbsAG Quant almost double from 36000 IU/ ml to 63000IU/ml. So i will not suggest any one to take it. As Its price is INR 10K per injection so it is very much chances that fake medicine available in Indian market. I have taken medicine from direct company agent, but I don't think it was genuine medicine. Any one from India for them it ever worked?

the fact hbsag increased on intf doesn t mean the drug was fake 100%

there are cases where there is increase of hbsag like:
some non responders have hbsag increase
hbeag negative under nucs from long time have hbsag increase the first 24 weeks of intf add on while it goes down from 24 to 48weeks

we may try to sum all action of intf:
any sides like fever, tireness?
wbc, neutrohpils, plts decrease?
monocites increase?

vietnam has government generic interferon and peginterferon while normal interferon non peghilated has expired the patent worldwide from long time so this may be a good choice for those wishing to save money but not risking to use fake drugs

hbvdna nad ast alt can also help to see if it is real intf, it is easier to get a hbvdna decrease on intf than hbsag decrease, add this parameter too
I went thru 48 weeks of intf (1/week) last year and it did not work.