Hepatitis B Community
Is Exxura the new name for Pegasys in India?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I just found out that Pegasys is being packaged in India and that the name has been changed to Exxura 180mcg. But the I dont see any update in the Roche website or any other pages on this change. With all the problems in the Pharmaceutical world in India, I am not sure if I should go for the drug or not. What should I do? I need to get the injection tomorrow.
.... Some doctors believe that Roche may also be looking at an Indian version of the drug. The company is said to have soft launched a product called Exxura, made with a local partner in India, to reduce the treatment cost by almost half. BT is yet to get this confirmed by Roche. .....

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/roche-patent-revocation-may-have-a-bearing-on-other-cases/1/189621.html
Thanks 4est. But I am not able to open the link.
If what you are saying is true than I think its safer to stick with Pegasys for the time being.
Yes, Pegasys is no more available in market. What is MRP of Exxura 180mcg? Are you getting any offer or discount on this?
the cost of exxura 180 in india is Rs 6615 per vial  i got it confirm from the pharmacy 2 days back.regarding offer no information
Hold on guys. What do you mean no more Pegasys? :)
Hi Collin, The MRP of Exxura 180mcg is RS 9175, after discount in New Delhi it costing Rs 7000-7200. Can you provide me pharmacy detail where you are getting price 6615. Thanks.

@VeteranB- Pegasys is brand name of peginterferon alfa-2a in india by Roche brand.

@VeteranB- Pegasys is brand name of peginterferon alfa-2a in india by Roche brand. Now they changed the name of medicine to Exxura with little bit less price so pegasys is no more available in Indian market.
thanks for clarifying this, I thought you meant that Roche was perhaps no longer in the business.
Got the information from guwahati i forgot the name  you can contact them at 03612474012/09957666471(Abhijeet). and for delhi ( in case )

Taksal Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
9-10/3, Asaf Ali Road
Laxman House, Ground Floor
New Delhi 110 002
Tel. +91 11 23240071-74
      +91 11 30128001-4
Fax +91 11 23240075

hi collin
can we get in mumbai on discount? reply me please.
Because of global pricing, in India the name has changed from Pegasys to Exxura, other than India, all over the world you will be getting Pegasys. Apart from that the price of Exxura is just half of Pegasys, where earlier there was a offer with Pegasys, i.e buy one get one . But because of global pricing the offer was withdrawn by Roche & Pegasys name has changed to EXXURA.
Dear all

Peg alfa 2a is now available with 2 brand names in India.One is Exxura and other is marketted by Roches Indian partner by the brand name of Taspiance.
If someone needs any information, he/she can call on 9999080291.

very good so there are other brands making intf alpha correct?do you know if pegintf patent globally has expired?
There are other brands Indian made in india but alfa 2b, and well accepted by Hepatologist coz of good results

plz give near stockist at vishakapatnam about roche company and brann name  EXXURA 180mcg/0.5ml
can anyone tell me the name of Indian partner of Roche who is selling Exxura?
please give the details of pharmacy/stockist selling the medicine Exxura in chennai
If any one require Exxura they can contact at 9718089098..........it is still being imported from basal.
what is the cost of the medicine?
7000/- per PFS of 180mcg
Anyone needs Inj Pegasys or Tab Ribavirin Contact 00919971176562
Want it in Bangalore.. can you give some contact details if have. Others please help... Thanks
Guys its emcure http://www.emcure.co.in/