Hepatitis B Community
Is HBS AG positive is curable and how to get treatment

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I have HBS AG Positive for more than six years. I come to know about this, while I did my medical checkup for my office. I would like to know
a. what are the symptoms
b. whether it is curable
c. how to get treatment for this.

Kindly advise me.
Chronic Hepatitis B generally has no symptoms until it has progressed to a serious liver disease stage. There are no cures at the moment, but there are very effective treatments to control the illness so that it does not progress to a serious stage. Chronic Hepatitis B is a chronic disease meaning a person will have it for life, therefore it must be managed and monitored for a long time. The best thing is to find an experienced doctor who specialized in the treatment of Hepatitis B and place yourself under his/her care. Most doctors have very little experience or knowledge in treating Hepatitis B and therefore can treat unnecessary or complicate treatments. You can also educate yourself by visiting websites such as www.hepb.org and www.hbvadvocate.org.