Hepatitis B Community
Is fibroscan available in the US?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is fibroscan available in the US?

I know fibroscan is available in europe and asia. but is it availalble in US?
Somewhere I read is that fibrosis is not good in the middle range of fibrosis, but good for the two ends, and results very depend on the person who performs the procedure. This is from the trails in US and comparisons with liver biopsy. But I think it would be a great tool to gauge the progress of treatments, in which only relative comparisons are important, since it can be perform regularly.
Is fibroscan available in the US?

--Not regularly.  Also fibroscan is more accurate when you are closer to cirrhosis.
so i think liver biopsy is still the only way to find out the liver damage. Thank you.
Absolutely YES, I wanted to Bring this to notice of the community that FIBROSCAN is available at MOUNT SINAI with Dr. Dietrich. This is (NYC) NEW YORK and you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Dietrich and he can get you thru FIBROSCAN rather than BIOPSY.
He is a great doctor with lot of knowledge and I would recommend him.
do you know fibroscan may be available in any other states?
DR. PETER SCHMID in LA has it too from many years but he is a researcher so i don t know if you can find it and if he makes fibroscan to all

maybe you can get in touch with him through, at NGI they also have the most sensitive hbvdna test in the world
http://www.ngi.com/

i have seen some posts in hcv community where fibroscans are available
thank you for the info; I'll check out the hcv forum.