Hepatitis B Community
Is hep B vaccine for lifetime?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is hep B vaccine for lifetime?

I had hep B vaccine about 6 or 7 years ago. When I asked the nurse who gave me vaccine shots, how long time will the vaccine protect me? She said 'lifetime'. Is it true?
If not lifetime, then how long time?
Thanks.
no it is not true the current hbv vaccine is very badly designed with just the hbsag part of the virus which is weakly immunogenic, it fails in a good percentage of people and hbsab antibody can be lost after about 10 years, you better check hbsab levels and if less than 10miu/ml have another round of vaccine
if you never checked hbsab you can fall in the 10% (about dont remember exact number) of non responders to vaccine

the best hbv vaccine is sold in israel pharmacies and produced there, it has all 3 hbsag types of hbv and much more immunogenic, 98% of responders
http://scigenil.com/

http://scigenil.com/
Thank you very much!