Hepatitis B Community
Is it possible to get a false negative

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is it possible to get a false negative

Hello, Back in October 2009 I was diagnosed with hepatitis b. After getting a second opinion I was told that I had chronic passive hep b that will remain sedatary in my system. So 8 months later I wanted to have a hep panel done to see if damage is being done to my liver also to know what to expect. To my surprise all my test were negative? Could someone please help me make since of this? thank you

labs, at least inmy country, must remake positive tests twice to double check by law, normal docotors do this as well to get more info, it is impossible to say you have cronc hbv from 1 test you have to redo tests for 6-12months to say cronic (chronic)

probably you went to crazy doctors that don't know anything about medicine and crazy hospital and they exchanged your blood with others.making wrong results is almost impossible, everything is made by machines on these simple tests and also blood exchange with others is very difficult

also recheck now that you found all negative because same mistake might have happened now and are you sure you did all the correct hbv markers?
My first test in August read hep b core ab tot, positive abnormal. Hep be ab positive abnormal. Hep b surface ab 57.27 high. Took another test in October which was less than two months later of 2009 and everything was non-reactive. Based on the first test I was diagnosed with chronic passive hep b, but never notified that my results were negative. July of 2010 I had a hepatitis panel did and again it all was non reactive. So do you recommend a fourth test? If I was chronic,the test would say that right?