Is it safe for someone who has HepB to consume foods that has wine/sake (japanese rice wine)?
Hi all,

Happy New Year!  I'm so glad to have found this community.  :)  I'm currently taking care of someone who has HepB and currently taking Viread.  Occasionally, I add sake (japanese rice wine) into my cooking, so I was wondering --  can someone who has HepB eats foods that have wine or sake in them?  Thank you in advance for your reply.

J
general indication is to stop consuming any alcohol, but this is a subject of debate (most of the dr. say no alcohol).
the debate is for the people that are inactive carier (low replication / normal ALT ... ), but to me sure they keep the same indication, no alcohol.

in my opinion to have a glas of vine / a beer / a shot of sake / ... is no danger (in case of IC) as long as is not a usual habit (like daily one).

Anyway, I think that binge drinking (heavy episodic drinking) is more dangerous then a  usual one because in a binge drinking you will force the liver to filter a lot of alcohol in a shot time.
HI tweetie,

we are almost of the same age and also I have been put on Viread, I asked docs whether a small quntity of beer/alcohol can be added in meals and the answers was that a small alcoholo consumption is not dangerous, of course you shouldnt get drunk!