Hepatitis B Community
Is my husband still protected until now?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is my husband still protected until now?

i was diagnosed with hepatitis b last march 2008 when i was pregnant. my husband also undergone a blood test and he was non reactive; he was vaccinated against hepa b when he was young. i havent gone any medications because of financial constraints. is my husband still protected until now? as a couple, we make love. i am afraid he would be affected. please help me understand. Thank you.
Blank
Test his HBsAg.  If positive, he is immune and your HBV cannot hurt him.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Test his HBsAg.  If positive, he is immune and your HBV cannot hurt him.
Blank
1303524_tn?1323143956
Sounds like my situation right now. My hubby is immune bc he got vaccinated when he's young. The vaccination will protect him for life if he's immune. That's my very first question when Im in GI office, and he told me my hubby will be fine and no need to get boost shot.
Blank
1235957_tn?1270265122
thank God... he was tested with Anti- Hbs and he was positive...my ob-gyne said he was lucky to be vaccinated....
Blank
1235957_tn?1270265122
i am encouraged to know that your husband is protected for life.... and i guess my husband too.... actually he had a blood test this morning if he is affected... i do not know what is the result...i'l post it as soon as i know... thank you guys
Blank
1235957_tn?1270265122
my husband is nonreactive---hbsag test
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity