Hepatitis B Community
Is there a cure for Hepatitis B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is there a cure for Hepatitis B?

can hepa B curable,,, i want to go abroad and the agency didn't allow me to go travel coz i have hepa b,,, i want to know how hepa B can become reactive so that i can go travel other country and to marry my boyfriend,,,,,, thanks god bless

just check our latest posts

the only cure is mking hbvdna undetactable by tenofovir for 1-3 years and then peginterferon add on for another 2 years

hbsag quantification in iu/ml by abbott architect is needed to monitor this therapy and predict hbv clearance.
hbvdna test is just needed during the first 1-3years of tenofovir monotherapy to verify hbvdna is completely suppressed so immune system can be rescued

if you are looking for a fast cure there is none, even acute hbv is cleared in 6-12 months, cronic (chronic) needs much more time
check ur ILB 28 GENOTYPE.if its favourable for interferon treatment do it .
Hbsag will be negative.
But main pblms u should have a genetype which is favourable for the traphy.

Otherwise no options to get it cleared .
Only we can suppress
if you make claims post the studies link

only hbsag quantity can increase response to peg not Ilb28, still not useful for hbv, only hcv showed a clear correlation
Even I got amazed that the doctor never asked me to do ilb28 test if there was any need for that.
the test has been checked on research trials and it had no effect on hbv pegintf response
The test does have effect on HBV Genotype D (they tested it for some other genotypes but with less convincing results), your compatriot Lampertico had a study on it:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22473858
hi stef
i using tenofovir tablet 300mg past 1year  but hbv dna 18000iu reduced to less than 20iu after 6months of course . my company  planned  send for UNITED KINGDOM  training , due to company medical test not applied for training where the hepatitis b and hiv peoples and other infectious will not be   sent for  training ,since my case is  hepatitis b they will reject and iam upset due to this . to be frank i have vaccinated for hepatitis b  in year 2002 confirmed that hbasg was negative. vaccination not worked for me and was infection was known to me was in year 2009 and my viral load was elevated  in the year 2014 was 18000iu from that onwards i taking tablet that is tenfovoivir.