Is there alternative to Fibroscan?
In Indonesia, Fibroscan is not available. A doctor friend told me a blood test can replace fibroscan
is it true that blood test can detect the level of fibrosis / chirrosis ?

How much does Fibroscan cost in your area?
How much does the HBsAg quantitatif test cost in your area ?

Thank you,
regards,
joie
It costs me in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, around 350$ ..

Some doctors says Fibrotest (check info about fibrotest in wikipedia) can determine the level of fibrosis.
Also, it costs in Jeddah around 350$.
Hi OrientS, is it USD 350?

Any idea on P3NP test ?
or Ultrasound with elasticity?

rgds,
joie

fibrotest is totally useless, just a way to stell money...it will never detect cirrhosis until too late because many at cirrhosis stage have complitley normal blood tests.

biopsy is the only thing available and it doesn t damage liver made just once.it can be repeted every 5 years but i guess fibroscan will be available there at that time
Yes, 350 USD

in your case it is best biopsy because you have also fatty liver.biopsy is the only one to detect severity of fatty liver

fibroscan measures all together inflammation+fatty liver+fibrosis so it is less easy to see where fibrosis stands and where fatty liver....

US is good to rule out fatty liver but it can detect how mild or severe
I just got an information from Singapore that the Fibroscan is available at National University Hospital Singapore at approximately 270SGD

just keep in mind, although doctors are aware of this, that the reading wont be fibrosis only but as posted before the sum of fatty liver+inflammation+fibrosis, if you are immune tollerant it should be fatty liver only.any reading 7kpa may be fatty liver, fibrosis, inflammation

i suggest you apply my supplements and diet before taking the fibroscan to reduce fatty liver if possible: natural vitamin E 800iu, omega3 dha and epa about 3-5g daily, bitter mellon tea, vitamin d 10000iu daily, diet made of black rice, vegetables, blueberries and mixed berries fruit 170-200g daily are the most active to regress fatty liver

fibroscan reading is also influnced by alt level (usually when alt>200), weist fat (usually bmi>28) but the doctors should be able to filter these