Hepatitis B Community
Just got diagnosed with Hep B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Just got diagnosed with Hep B

Im very active and usually very energetic. After I got infected I ve been feeling tired all day. flu like symptoms etc..
I would like to know if there is anything in this world that I can do to regain my physical energy and feel normal again
if not, how long does the symptoms stay?
I stopped dieting and now Im eating a lot more to have energy I still cant feel ok
I also have flu like symptoms (I got tested for all stds and I got a physical blood work done and chest xrays)no liver damage and everything is good besides the Hep B
Im hoping that my body will fight it and become immune to it...
I will post back after 6months, Hope is KEY

please let me know if you guys have any tips or ways to get rid of the symptoms because IM TIRED OF BEING TIRED

Thanks in advance
you cant really do much now.. REST is key.. you need bed resrt as much as u can get.. you need all the sleep you can get. eat good.. there's a lot of liver friendly fruits and vegetables.. cherries, beet root, etc...

ofcourse i am assuming you just got diagnosed and therefore you are still ACUTE.

if you need further help reading your test result, please list them all as they appear on the test report.

good luck
thank you very much
here is what happened tho
I had symptoms, I thought it was HIV
so i was freaking out for a month, drinking heavily every month and doing cocaine to forget about it. at some point the symptoms got severe. I ended up going to get checked for all stds
Hep B surface AB read 22.33 status of immunity
it doesnt say anything else the nurse said go to a doctor he ll do more tests for Hep B
I know its unfortunate I went screwing up my immune syustem when I need it the most I feel bad too.
I just came back from the gym symptoms look like they disappeared
I loaded up with orange juice, cranberry juice, noodles , steak and broccoli
oh and a protein bar
it gave me so much energy.
the symptoms appeared about a month ago, I stopped drinking and partying and they started disappearing, not knowing what I had, stupid me, I went back and did the same thing again
I listened to this Hepatologist (dunno if I spelled it right) she specialize in hepatitis and she said listen to your body,if you have the energy then exercise if you don't then rest. It seems to work so far. hopefully Im not going to feel awful tomorrow when I wake up ...
well what  would do in your case is go for a coplete hepB profile. you need to find out  things such as hbsag, hbsab,hbcab,hbeag,hbeab,IgM anti-HBc, and hbv dna.
these are very important in determing your current status .

here is also a welcome page teaching you a little bit bout hepB . please take the time to read it

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=65
I did read that page already.hopefully its gonna stay acute and become immune to it Im praying for that
thank you
any idea when the symptoms disappear ?