Hepatitis B Community
Liver Pain

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Liver Pain

I have been takeing VIREAD for more than two years for HBV. Since 4 months ago, I started to feel liver pain and uncomfort, however ASL/ALT are normal, Ultrasound is normal, DNA is negative. Wonder why I am getting the pain, really worried if there is a tumor or cirrhotics. Also did MRI scan, but waiting for the result.

Anybody has similar symptoms? Appreciate your comments.

Thanks.
Jing
This could be due to some immune reaction. Slowly recognizing the virus and fighting it. Might be wrong. But thats what comes to mind.
just have ultrasound to check for hcc and fibroscan to check for fibrosis, 100%  no problem because it is normal to feel pain from time to time.if you are overweight that is the problem

but this monitoring must be done every 6 months
Thanks for the response.

I have done ultrasound every 6 months in the past 10 years, also did two times of Biopsy, but no fibroscan. Not sure if it is a new tech, I will request to my specialist next time. I am 38 with 100 lbs around, not overweight.

But my immune system seems has been getting weaker since I gave birth 3 years ago, often get infection such as stomach, urine tracts etc. and a little bit Thyroid problem too. I always feel tired if less than 9 hours deep sleep.

I have been trying to eat healthy, exercise regularly. I just put hope I am fine this time. God bless!
what is your BMI (weight, waist circumference, height), the healthy BMI is less than 25 (although according to very fat population countries bmi 25 may be considered normal because almost all population there is well above 25)

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm
Just calculated my BMI is 18-19
i just saw it is only 4 months on tenofovir, that s normal you are clearing virions and that s immune response/inflammation

that will settle in a couple of years, all normal and of no concern at all
Not really. My first tenofovir treatment started in 2007, and it was stopped in 2009 when I was pregnant (now they are saying it is safe for pregnancy). Virus went back quick after stopping medicine. in 2011 I started to take medicine again till now.

I usually don't experience much liver pain unless ALT is abnomal. Now I am just worried the pained actually is not caused by virus, maybe just bad damage of the liver...
before starting tenofovir my Lymphocyte was 23( normal range 20-40)  and no pain with my liver,my last Lymphocyte test was (35)  I have been on tenoforvir for 3 yrs now, the pain is unbearable, I had a baby in 2010, my last test AST,ATL was 10,( normal) my Hbe is negative( am not infectious bc my hsuband and baby are all negative, am also on f=VIT D3 10,000 a day. Iwill do ultrasoun/fibroscan at the end of the month.