Hepatitis B Community
Liver monitoring

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Liver monitoring

LAM resistance, on TRUVADA for 2.5 years now.

lab work and ultrasound every 6 months came back normal as expected (HBV DNA undetectable, AST/ALT, AFP, Creatinine,... in range). Fibro scan last year came back as F0 (I was at F2 when starting TRUVADA).

Most recent lab:

10/25/2010

Albumin 5.0 High  (3.3 - 4.9 g/dL) *************
HBV DNA undetectable <29 IU/mL
HBeAg positive

01/07/2011

Prothrombin Time (ACL), Creatinin, Glucose, Triglycerides, GGT, AST, ALT, AFP all in range.
Lym 23.8% Low (25-45%) **************
RBC 5.57 High (3.8-5.4x10^12/L) ***************
Cholesterol, Total 3.32 Low (3.4 - 5.4 mmol/L) ***************

1) Does Albumin high say something about my liver function? Is there going to be a problem?

2) Most recent lab show Lymphocyte at 23.8% which is kinda low. Is there a possible infection elsewhere (such as a cold or fever that contribute to a low % of lymphocyte?

3)Red Blood Count is high as well? Is it because of my consumption of red meat? or is it something else causing it to go up?

4) I noticed from many previous post by stef2011 that chronic Hep B patient tends to have low cholesterol and vitamin D deficiency due to the virus mechanism of replicating. Is there a way to resolve this? Should I take vitamin D3 pills? safe dose for vitamin D3? 1000 I.U daily should be ok?

5) Also notice my belly starting to build up some fluids, although not big. Is this due to my recent diet change? I drink a lot of milk, almost 2-4 glass daily. Would exercise (swimming) and drinking garlic juice help at all?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody.

everything normal, look at posts to prevent visceral fat if you have any, as to vit d you can use sun, sunbed or D3 the poitn is get blood level 50-60ng/ml

truvada can be heavy sides, look at prevention on sides from this drug and i'd consider interferon combo to try to eradicate hbv, during the combo and after you have to monitor hbsag and hbeag to decrease, alinia would be a nice add before the combo

truvada long term therapy will lead to sides effect only so i'd consider these combos

forgot low lympho question: probably it means your immune system is not fighting hbv and if immune system works they must rise if you are infected not lower

liver is ok, what is last fibro result?
it is F0 from last year. I plan to do it again in May.
Not sure if I can convince my doctor to let me combo with interferon. My genotype is B. I talked to her 6 months ago about combo with interferon like you advised but she seems not to agree with me.

Plus I don't know if I could afford interferon. Gotta find a way to get assistance then.

check hbsag quantity by abbott if it declining towards 1500iu/ml interferon has very high chances, if you have to pay for it better wait

in any case there should be new drug sooon although it is very difficult to know if drug makers will allow them on the market since nucs will be ruined at that point since none of them cure hbv
I check HBsAg Quantitative by abbott every time, but came back > 1500iu/ml & HBeAg keep staying ++, don't know if Truvada could get me HBeAg negative, and help develop anti-HBeAg.

I've read a report somewhere that people on Truvada up to 5 years could get a 30% chance of clearing HBsAg...

Do I search for prevention of visceral fat in this community of in a different community? Can't seem to locate it.
is it hiv coinfected report?

Do I search for prevention of visceral fat in this community of in a different community?
sorry fatty liver on this comm, but if your wesit is less than 90cm yo are ok

which quantity of hbsag do you have?you might also try alinia generic which is cheaper although i believe that it works better with interferon than nucs
Is fatty liver the same with visceral fat? I thought these are 2 different issues since I don't really have fatty liver.

I am about 57kg. US Waist size 28'' (about 75cm)

no fatty liver at all although visceral fat can be present rarely in low bmi too, anywway when US says ecogenity that's fatty liver