Hepatitis B Community
Living with HBsAg Positive and HBeAg Negative..Need help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello Sir,

I am 26ys old Man. From India

I had donated blood Prathama Blood Center for the first time in last July 2009. And in August I got blood test report from Prathma containing my Blood is reactive for HBsAg. So I consulted with doctor regarding that and as per my doctor's suggestion I have created reports of blood, urine test and sonography. in those reports the result came that my liver is normal, urine test report is normal and blood report contains HBsAg Positive. So after that as per advice of my doctor I have created another blood report for HBeAg test and in that report I got HBeAg Negative. So doctor then told me not to take any further treatment for that and advised me to create blood reports for HBeAg at every six months.

After that in last week of Novermber 2009 I have managed to create blood reports for HBeAg and HBsAg. And in those report contains HBsAg Positive and HBeAg Negative.

So I would like to know that as I have HBeAg Negative now so do I need to take treatment for that also?

As I am going to merry soon, I had consulted doctors from Prathma Blood Center and they advised me that no medication needed for me but for my would be wife they suggested that she should be vaccinated against hepatitis B.

I am going to merry in Feb 2010, so can I have sex with my wife after my marriage without using condom or any other preventives?

I will be able to get vaccinated My spouse against hepatitis B after my Marriage only not before that.

Is that HBsAg phase in my blood report curable?
Do I need to take any specific type of diet for that? Which type of food I should take and what type of food should not be taken.

Can I get infected by HBeAg Positive?

Any liver tonic for liver care?

Please help me in solving my confusion and answer my questions.

Hoping for your favorable consideration.
You should NOT have unprotected sex with you wife until she has been vaccinated for HBV and it is verified that she has immunity to HBV.

There is no cure for HBV at this time. You seem to have Chronic HBV and should have a qualified doctor monitor you disease status and determine if any treatment is necessary at this time.
rexjackob

Have HBV DNA Test and know the viral count, this count will decide the status of your Hep B irrespective of HBeAG status.