Hepatitis B Community
Long term effects of acute Hep B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Long term effects of acute Hep B?

I'm a 39 years old male and never had the symptoms but back in '92 was told that I was infected with the hepatitis B virus.  After about a year the doctor said that I had developed anti-bodies and that it was only an acute infection.  So that was 14 years ago or so, and in the mean time occasional liver function analyses came out OK.  In all this time I had thought that I was over the disease and am completely healed, having anti-bodies and good analyses, but the other day my family doctor said that she thinks there is still a chance to develop liver cancer, as a result of my acute infection back in '92, even with anti-bodies and all that.  I could not find anywhere an explanation of why this might be.  Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.
If your HepB infection became chronic, then you would be at a higher risk for liver cancer.  But if you cleared it, your risk becomes that of any other person, or very very close to it.  Liver cancer is correlated to high HepB viral count.  In your case, you should have undetected, close to 0 viral count, so I don't think you should worry at all.
i think u should get ur viral loadtest if u  dont have virus then u r no in any risk