Looking for hope!!!
I have had a 16 week negative Hep B test and my liver ALT and AST levels are low and well within range. If infact I have been infected would not my levels have risen even just a little bit. I am really stressing having to wait yet another 2 months before I put this all behind me. Can anyone offer any insight to the rise of ALT levels in an acute Hep B infection. Is 16 weeks good enough to feel at least a little confident about things? And one final questions if someone has had the vaccine and become exposed to the virus could it cause certain symptoms yet still clear or never settle in the blood. I know I am asking alot. Just would like to sleep a little better tonight. Thank you. -
Please put your mind at rest. First acute infection resolves by it self in 95 % of adults,the remaining 4 % are immuno suppressed by chemotherapy etc. some times it goes assymptomatic, second if you was vaccinated the virus is like watter to you. Third if you are hbsag neg on the 16th week you do not have any infection and there is no need for further testing.
If you want you can better test your antiHbs quantity to check if you have immunity and if not get yourself vaccinated.
Thank you for your response. I have not had the vaccination. It is my wife and 1 year old child that I fear I have infected. She did have the vaccine 15 years ago, and I am waiting to hear from the pediatriction regarding whether or not my son was given the vaccine in the hospital? I will ask for a copy of my testing to look more specifically at the hbsag. Thank you. -
If your wife was vaccinated 15 years ago she may have lost the immunity. It is recommended to get vaccine again after 15 years.
For 1 year old it is not good at all to get hbv it can become chronic.