Hepatitis B Community
Low vitamin D levels prevalent in untreated patients with HBV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

http://www.healio.com/hepatology/chronic-hepatitis/news/online/%7B7d927cfe-6bb5-4d9e-81d6-11eed5001e71%7D/low-vitamin-d-levels-prevalent-in-untreated-patients-with-hbv
it is not always low alt low immune response, we have 2 types of immune response and the best one is without cell killing and without alt rise, this is by cytokines purging cccdna from infected cells.this is the type of response more likely to clear the liver with some cells killinng from the other type of immune response

the second one is by cell killing but this doesn t work unless replication is stopped
"Low baseline vitamin D level was associated with lower baseline ALT level and a lower tendency to normalize ALT after 48 weeks of treatment"

Not sure how to interpret it. Low vit D = low immune response so ALT is not rising with it's all good and bad consequences ?
Sorte u ve pretty fair rise in alt. do u want more rise?
That might b harmful but still hope well for u
This thing is correct low immune low alt

these results make me think that hbv lowers vitamin d to lower immune response or damaged livers impair vitamin d pathways and lower immune response too

so directly or indirectly hbv impairs vitamin d pathways
Nice info Steff, is it really possible for the immune system to cleave the integrated cccdna from host dna without any damage to cells. In such condition only hbsag decline will b the response indicator or any other marker or phenomena. My alt has almost normalised.
nono, I don't want more rise and my doctor doesn't want it too :) I just posted this as a question cuz I don't fully understand that relation between d3 and ALT.
Only thing we know now is that decent d3 level is strong factor in natural seroclearance.
did you have your vitd25oh and intact pth checked?i only got peg response when adding gcmaf and intact pth less than 20pg/ml