Lumivudine (Zeffix 100g)
Hi , I'm Hbag Positive / Hbeag Neg (Viral Hepa B).My doctor advice me to take Lumivudine (Zeffix 100mg) for 6mos.
     I can't start my medications because i' m worried about if it help for me or not, as i've read from this forum one say : "Lamivudine is no longer considered a suitable first line therapy?. It is true?  OR when i take it ,what will happen if i stop?
    Please help me and give me some advice if i will continue this kind of medicine or u can give me a good one...Thanks!!

lamivudine is not a hbv drug anymore from many years because it makes mutations in hbv virus which make all are drugs less effective and promote liver cancer even if hbvdna is undetactable

change docotor right away

as to hbv therapy it is needed only n case of liver damage or liver cancer risk because of pcb/precore mutants because drugs are ineffective on virus and can only block liver damage

the only drugs approved for hbv as frstline treatment from 2008 are:
interferon, tenofovir, entecavir

the only drugs with hbv eradication on 30% patients in 2 years continuous therapy are combinations of:
interferon+tenofovir or entecavir+alinia (nitazoxanide), this last drug alinia is off label.this combo therapy must be stopped because ineffective if hbsag doesn t change (lower) by 24 weeks

OR when i take it ,what will happen if i stop?
if you take it you will only worsen your condition very much because totally ineffective to clear hbv infection and because of the mutants you will have.the rate of mutations is very very high within one year of therapy, at 5 years therapy it is about 80% mutations, ones mutations happen the only drug working is tenofovir but you will have high cancer risk anyway.in my country you might sue the doctor if it prescribes lamivudine and you get the mutants (which you will) since no longer approved
Treatment of hbv in children of age 9 months, 2 years, 5 years & 7 years.
what about use of entacavier in adults.

Thanks for the Info....So meaning to say, My stage is not suitable to take Lumivudine coz it will getting worst my Liver if i will take it. The truth is I take this medicine 2 days (2pcs) start Feb 22-23, but as far as i read the forum and suggestions , I'm wondering if i can continue drinking this and this medicine is expensive so i tried another which i can afford and suitable for me.  
     Can i take Interferon ? but first i will consult to another doctor and try what medicine will give to me, and i will consult it to you...I know you are expert on this kind of illness... Thank you very much you enlighten me a lot...

stop it immediately, 2 days is very very unlikely to make mutations so if you stop it immediately you are safe

before starting a drug we must have results from biopsy or fibroscan about liver damage, if liver damage is zero or very very mild there is no reason to take drugs except waste of money and possibly sides from drugs

Can i take Interferon ?
yes you can because it makes no mutants and can be stopped anytime safely but it is expensive and can hvae heavy sides so again if you have no liver damage there is no reason to try it now.there will be more effective drugs in the next years so if liver damage is mild i'd wait for the new drugs

what is your hbvdna?
what is your hbeag?
what is your alt/ast?
what is your hbsag quantity in iu/ml if you have this tests available in iu/ml?

This is my Profile Result Last Jan 29, 2011...Please read it for me because my doctor didn't explain to me well..  

TEST             PATIENT COUNT      CUT-OFF     RESULT

HbsAg                    2.410                 0.606         Reactive
Anti-HBs                 0.275                 0.417         Non-Reactive                  
HBeAg                    0.385                 0.535         Non-Reactive
Anti-HBe                 0.493                 0.616         Reactive
Anti-HBc Ig M          0.275                 0.410         Non-Reactive
Anti-HAV Ig M         0.300                 0.369          Non-Reactive
Anti-HBc Ig G                                   0.566
Anti-HAV Ig G                                   0.498
Anti-HCV                                          0.394

Thank's A Lot again because you save Me from danger. I will follow your instructions.

your doctor is really a piece of......you are missing the most important tests to even define the state of your hbv carriage, without hbvdna pcr, alt/ast and liver damage by biopsy or fibroscan you cannot even tell if hbv is benigne or making hepatitis

please check the following if available in your country and check for an expert liver specialist:
hbsag quantification by abbott architect in iu/ml, all other type of hbsag tests are useless for cronic carriers
hbvdna pcr
alt/ast
fibroscan or a biopsy

you also need to know if antihcv is negatve

Yes I will follow....

You'r God's instrument to give me this kind of Knowledge. Thank You Very Much...

Continue your service to help people like me who is lack of knowledge for this kind of problem.. I will spread out to my friends to use Med Help Forum.

God Bless You!!!

Stef I used lamivudine for 2.5 years till Last month. Now I am on tenofovir since there are no government health restrictions There was no resistance as far as doctor said.I want to learn if mutations are related with resistance.Or do mutations occur  free of resistance? Last question how much does the cancer risk increase in case of mutations
I was hbeag neg before the treatment. I am still hbeag neg anti hbe neg as well
I was fibrossis 3/6 before the treatment. Since no fibroscan machines in our state I dont know the current state of My liver.
can you make any comment on my status about lamivudine resistance and mutation relation I asked above. Thanks