Hepatitis B Community
Menatetrenone gives hope against HCC liver cancer

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

As I have osteoporosis besides hep b, I have been taking Actonel 35mg for 5 years with little improvements and my doctor added now Evister for about 6 months. But I feel that those medicines are not helping me at all and may be they are damaging my already infected liver. So I decided to drop them and take instead vitamin k-2 (Menatetrenone (MK-4))
and I found this article and similar ones in internet.  

http://www.aor.ca/assets/Research/pdf/Advances_10_May_2006_Menatetrenone.pdf

you should also take vitamin d and calcium and make levels at least 60ng/ml, both are connected with immune system and a high vitamin d helps immune system to work better although it won t clear hbv

also keep a close eye on gcmaf since it cures osteoporosis and hopefully clears hbv too once nagalase drops to healthy levels and immune system keeps working as it does in healthy people

osteoporosis is common on liver diseases and is due to the effect of the virus on immune system increasing nagalase which in turn blocks immune system and vitamin d/calcium balance

you are also doing a better choice with nutraceutical strategies than just drugs, i am not expert on osteoporosis but drugs wont cure it since drug makers will try the same trick as with nucs...cronic (chronic) drugs therapy which wont cure...

thanks for the link, it is very usefull for me too for HCC prevention

where did you get this vitamin?is vitamin k2 the same?is there  any food extract pill?
this is what i have found, as usual there is no govenments or fda information when it is unpatented, free of sides vitamins/compounds with no possibility if making big money...instead they try to give us useless toxic crap.i am starting to think drug business is some kind of evil......

Subtypes of vitamin K2

Vitamin K2 (menaquinone), is itself a category of vitamin K that includes many types of vitamin K2. The two subtypes of vitamin K2 that have been most studied are menaquinone-4 (menatetrenone, MK4) and menaquinone-7 (MK7). MK4 is produced via conversion of vitamin K1 in the body, in the testes, pancreas and arterial walls.[2] While major questions still surround the biochemical pathway for the transformation of vitamin K1 to MK4, studies demonstrate that the conversion is not dependent on gut bacteria, occurring in germ-free rats[3][4] and in parenterally-administered K1 in rats.[5][6] In fact, tissues that accumulate high amounts of MK4 have a remarkable capacity to convert up to 90% of the available K1 into MK4.[7][8]
In contrast to MK4, MK7 is not produced by humans but is converted from phylloquinone in the intestines by gut bacteria.[9] However, bacteria-derived menaquinones appear to contribute minimally to overall vitamin K status.[10][11] MK4 and MK7 are both found in the United States in dietary supplements for bone health. The US FDA has not approved any form of vitamin K for the prevention or treatment of osteoporosis; however, MK4 has been shown to decrease fractures up to 87%.[12] In the amount of 45 mg daily MK4 has been approved by the Ministry of Health in Japan since 1995 for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.[13] MK4 has also been shown to prevent bone loss and/or fractures caused by corticosteroids (e.g., prednisone, dexamethasone, prednisolone),[14][15][16][17] anorexia nervosa,[18] cirrhosis of the liver,[19] postmenopausal osteoporosis,[20][21][22][23][24][25] disuse from stroke,[26] Alzheimer’s disease,[27] Parkinson disease,[28] primary biliary cirrhosis[29] and leuprolide treatment (for prostate cancer).[30] MK7 has never been shown in any clinical trials to reduce fractures and is not approved by any government for the prevention or treatment of any disease. However, in 19 February 2011, HSA (Singapore) has approved a Health Supplement (Fitness+ Natto Essence MK7) which contains Vitamin K2 (MK7) and Vitamin D3 in it's purpose in increasing bone mineral density[31].
From what I have read , MK-7 form of vitamin K2 is the extract of fermented soy called "natto" which is a breakfast food in Japan. May be this is the better choice. But in my country only MK-4 form is available which I am going to take. I take vit d 1200iu and 1000mg of calcium everyday and occasional sun exposure.

I found following web site which looks professional and it's in europe.
May be useful for you.

http://nattopharma.com/

if you have hbv vit d 1200iu should make nothing, are you checking vit d 25OH levels?the doses are 5000-10000iu to reach the normal levels>50ng/ml
http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Natural-Vitamin-K2-MK-7-100-mcg-Vegetable-Capsules.htm

solgar supplements got it from natto but the dose looks extremely low, 100mcg per pill.........
45 milligrams = 45 000 mcg
natural source is not suitable, too low

what's the name of MK-4 you take?
It's called "Glakay" 15mg. I have to take 3 times a day with food; total of 45mg.
The campany is called "Eisai" from Japan.
I will increase my vit d intake and I'll check vit d 25OH levels in september when i go abroad again.

i cant find it here in italy, i sent an inquiry to the company

i orefer to avoid it now but if i get rid of hbsag i will consider it for HCC prevention

Please help me read my latest hepB test result

HBsAG positive
Anti-HBs (HBST-G9) <5mUI/ml
Anti- HBc total II(HBCT-D8) positive
HBeAG (HBE-D6) Negative
HAV IgM(HAVM-AI) Negative
And advice me on what to do next