Hepatitis B Community
My Clinical Trial (TDF vs. TAF) Post Medication Resutls

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Wanted to see if anyone can offer any advice. Before I started this, I did not have all these results. My viral load started a 276,000 when I first learned of Hep B, spiked up to 5 million, 12 million and now this (and last result actually was 23 million but I do not have those results in front of me).

Is this an active Chronic infection? Any chance to tell how long I've had this? Or are there any tests to determine how long I've had it?

CBC Results:
WBC - 7.0
RBC - 4,79
Hemoglobin - 14.8
Hematocrit - 45.1
MCV - 94
MCH - 30.9
MCHC - 32.8
RDW - 13.8
Platelets - 254
Neutrophils - 56
Lymphs - 32
Monoctyes - 9
Eos - 3
Basos - 0
Neutrophils (absolute) - 3.9
Lymphs (Absolute) - 2.3
Monocytes (Absolute) - 0.6
Eos (Absolute) - 0.2
Baso (Absolute) - 0.0
Immature Granulocytes - 0
Immature Grans (Abs) - 0

Comp. Metabolic Panel
Glucose - 83
BUN - 20
Creatinine, Serum - 1.16
eGFR If NonAfrican Am - 81
eGFR if African Am - 93
BUN/Creatinine Ratio - 17
Sodium, Serum - 142
Pottasium, Serum - 4.1
Chloride, Serum - 103
Carbon Dioxide, Total - 24
Calcium, Serum - 9.6
Protein, Total Serum - 6.6
Albumin, Serum - 4.3
Globulin, Total - 2.3
A/G Ratio - 1.9
Bilirubin, Total - 0.5
Alkaline Phosphatase, S - 71
AST (SGOT) - 61
ALT (SGPT) - 115

Urinanalysis Gross Exam
Specific Gravity 1.027
pH - 6.0
Urine-Color - Yellow
Appearance - Clear
WBC Esterase - Negative
Protein - Negative
Glucose - Negative
Ketones - Negative
Occult Blood - Negative
Bilirubin - Negative
Urobilinongen, Semi-Qn - 0.2
Nitrite , Urine - Negative

HBV Real-Time PCR, Quant
HBV IU/mL - 18,907,000
log10 HBV IU/mL - 7.277
HBV Copies/mL - 110,040,000
log10 HBV Copies/mL 8.042

Panel 083824
HIV 1/0/2 Abs-Index Value <1.00
HIV 1/0/2 Abs, Qual - Non Reactive

HBV Genotype/PreCore
HBV Genotype - HBV Genotype D detected
HBV PreCore Mutation - Basal Core promoter mutation at 1764 was detected. HBV PreCore Mutation 28 was detected.

Prothrombin Time (PT)
INR - 1.1

AFP, Tumor Marker (serial)
AFP, Serum, Tumor Marker - 1.7

TSH - 1.770

PTT, Activated
aPTT - 26

Hep B Surface Ab
Hep B Surface Ab, Qual - Non-Reactive

Mitochondrial (m2) Antibody - 2.8

Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy - 59.6

HCV Ab w/Rflx to Verification
HCV Ab - 0.1

Phosphorous, Serum - 4.0

Antinuclear Antibodies Direct
ANA Direct - Negative

Ferritin, Serum - 258

HBsAg Screen - Positive Abnormal

Hep Be Ag - Negative
Hep Be Ab - Positive Abnormal
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab - 8
Hep B Core Ab, Tot - Positive Abnormal
Hep A Ab, Total - Negative

So yes, happy my vitamin D levels went up from 14. Still feel I could use 20 more points on there. Also need Hep A vaccine. The rest is good, except for the Hep B portion which I need to clear.
Sorry, the title meant to say PRE Medication results.

That being said, for numbers sake, I'm just going focus on the liver and Hep B numbers that were given to me prior to taking meds.

HBsAg - Positive
HBe Ab - Positive
HBe Ag - Negative
HBV DNA IU/mL - 22,300,000 (Increased from 18 million a month ago)
AST- 99
ALT - 219

I asked about the major increase in liver fuctions and they said that the numbers are different than the prior labs because it's a different lab
Wanted to share the last test I had, the day I started to take medication, right before I took it. Here:

FIBROTEST
Fibr. Score - 0.16
Fibr. Stage - F0, No or minimal Fibrosis
ALT - 179
AST - 82

HBV DNA IU/mL - 18,400,000
HBVLog10 - 7.26
HBe AB - Positive
HBe Ag - Negative
25- Hydroxy Vitamin D - 76.6 ng/mL

Somehow, my liver enzymes reduced as did my viral load.... without being on meds. Go figure! I'll share more after next blood test to see how much as reduced.
Sorry, my HBsAg - Positive

Is ther a way to edit these posts? I keep forgetting to add things.
no need to post all tests, only hbvdna pcr and hbsag quantitative are important
Thanks, Stef.. that's what I'll focus on going forward.
Hello Stef,

Although his HBEAG is negative, he has high level of HBV DNA. What do you think about it? Any mutant?

it is not important, tdf or the new tdf formula work totally indipendently from bcp/precore, hbeag pos or neg, hbvdna and hbsag levels

another important thing is, for those planning sequential, pegintf result is indipendent from genotype, bcp/precore, hbeag.only hbsag and ip-10 levels matter for response
what do you mean by the new tdf formula?
Not sure if you can see this, but this is the clinical trial I am on and probably what Stef means with the new formula:

TAF vs. TDF for the Treatment of HBeAg (-) CHB – U.S. and International
Evaluate the safety and efficacy of tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) compared to that of tenofovir disproxil fumarate (TDF) in treatment naïve and experienced adults with CHB as determined by the achievement of HBV DNA <29 IU/mL at Week 48.  
Wanted to share with everyone my new results after one month on clinical trial treatment. I'm only going to share the numbers that are relevant. Keep in mind, they did not do all the tests this time around (such as Fibroscan, HBsAg, Vitamin D, etc.). Those tests are done on certain schedule for the clinical trial. But here is the great news:

Total Bili: 0.2 mg/dL
Dir Bili: < 0.1 mg/dL
Ind Bili: < 0.2 mg/dL
ALT (SGPT): 88 U/L
AST (SGOT): 48 U/L
HBV DNA IU/mL - 40,200

Yes, a HUGE drop!  

Still not undetectable. I think the goal is below 48 IU/mL for the clinical trial. Hoping that happens within 6 months and my body naturally seroconverts...
Also, wanted to share my experience so far into it. At first, I thought I was getting cold spells 2 days into the medication. I was concerned with lactic acidosis so I asked my doctor and he said it never happens with Hep B patients on these meds. He said it was just a warning put on the label. Turns out, it was just the air conditioning being raised in the building I work in :)

I did have some nausea the first few days while taking these meds. At first, I was taking it with lunch and wasn't feeling right during the day. So I decided to take this before bed. Bad idea, as I had food in me but wasn't digesting right. So, I now take this at 8-9pm when I usually eat my late dinners. That made a huge difference.

I also had some diarrhea the first week on this. My stools, got a little lighter while on these meds. Nothing of concern though. I've had brief "dizzy" spells of 5 seconds or so, again nothing to be concerned with. Also, skin itching.. which I attribute to the Hep B.

Those were the worst side effects I had. Now, onto the good:

-My strength feels as if it's returning while on these meds. Not 100% but about 70% there

-My brain fog, while still there, is slowly lifting. Some days good, some days bad

-The good weight I had lost when this all started and went active, is coming back.

-Sleeping patterns are pretty good and my appetite is back to normal.

-Tinnitus (ringing) in my ears also reduces. I noticed if there was anything I did that affected my liver -- such as taking motrin or not eating the best foods, it would increase.

These are the upsides. I'm also sober -- alcohol free since I started the meds. I've had many offers for many drinks too, and I've turned them all down. No real pressure to drink from friends or other people, thank God!
Based upon my latest and prior results and after 1 month treatment on Tenofovir, what needs to change with these numbers (Obiously lower ALT and AST and Viral Load, but what else?)

Total Bili: 0.2 mg/dL
Dir Bili: < 0.1 mg/dL
Ind Bili: < 0.2 mg/dL
ALT (SGPT): 88 U/L
AST (SGOT): 48 U/L
HBV DNA IU/mL - 40,200
HBe AB - Positive
HBe Ag - Negative
25- Hydroxy Vitamin D - 76.6 ng/mL
HBsAg - Positive

FIBROTEST
Fibr. Score - 0.16

HBV Genotype/PreCore
HBV Genotype - HBV Genotype D detected

you need fibroscan and qHBSAG test regularly in order to see how the treatment goes
Hi, according to the clinical trial log I have.. Fibroscan done at every 6 month mark, qHBSAG done every 3 month. This is not something I can easily ask them to do. The trial has a "schedule" of when these tests are done.

Of course, I just want to know what needs to change here on my tests. My 2 month follow up will be in a couple weeks. I'll post more results when needed.
of course you have the baselines of fibroscan and hbsag?
I just wanted to share more with 2 months on this. Of course, still not considered "undetectable". Was hoping viral load would go down more but such as is...

HBV DNA IU/mL - 7,650
HBV LOG 10 - 3.88
Total Bili -- 0.8 mg/dL
Dir Bili -- 0.2 mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 69
AST (SGOT) - 43

This is all I can share for this month, all other tests are irrelevant towards liver and Hep B. Next visit should show more results.
you missed the most important test - hbsag quant. the other tests are irrelevant to hbsag clearance.
Luckyman, it looks to me your results are getting better, as your DNA and ALT are decreasing...so it looks to me that the therapy is working.  
You have to be satisfied, as just 2 months ago your DNA was in the millions and now only 7.5 thousands :)
Most importantly your Fibrotest showed no or minimal fibrosis...so it doesn't look to me that you will die from Hepatitis B but most likely you will just have to take medicines for the rest of your life (thats in the case they don't find better medicines down to road...but what a big deal anyway to take pills for the rest of the life).
The only thing you need to care is from now on that you don't miss your daily medications...as when missing your virus might build a resistance and make big damage to your liver.

Just find a good liver specialist (if needed get second medical opinion as well) and stick with therapy....

Wish you the best brother...
Romeo - The hbsag quant will be done during the trial (they have a schedule so I can't just ask them to do this freely at any time... I will ask my doctor though next time if he can do it outside the schedule)
Thanks, Aduiski... yes, medicine is working and believe me, I am never missing a dose, well until a "cure drug" is found. I actually found my liver specialist from the hepb.org site and could not be happier. My previous doctor, GI doctor, was helpful but wasn't aggresive (aggressive) enough for treament and wanted to play the waiting game. I knew I needed treatment ASAP so went for the second opinion, which got me into the clinical trial.
Well excellent...I would just add a regular 6-monthly scan with either ultrasound or even much better with MRI, to look for early HCC (which you'll have less then 1% of chance to develop as you won't be getting cirrhosis nor will you have DNA more than 2000 IU/ml.... but hey lets play the safer side for that 0.5% of risk for liver cancer during ones lifetime)...

So no much reasons to worry...you are in an excellent spot now. If you havent discovered Hep B on time you would most likely die from Hep B, so you discovered it on time, you lucky man :)

Now get back to enjoying your life bro...
I had an Ultrasound done in January.. per my request from my GI doctor. They said my liver was normal. When I started the clinical trial, they also put on the schedule an Ultrasound at the 6 month mark as well as a yearly one, so it will be about a year after my ultrasound in January.

Question though, why do you say I have less than a 1% chance to develop HCC and I won't be getting cirrhosis? Agreed, I'm in a good spot now and praying for a real cure to be out sooner rather than later.

Yes, definitely enjoying life. Just got back from a Niagara Falls vacation! :)
Becase only about 5% (on average) of Hep B peple develop HCC cancer on average...and this number is lower for people with genotype D - like yourself, probably no more than 3% (this includes both treated and untreated people)
Adding that from now on your DNA (in a month-two time) will drop bellow the critical level of 2000 and your ALT will eventually normalize as well, your chances to develop HCC during your lifetime as less then 1%, as opposed to huge number of people who don't even know about Hep B and whose are most at risk to develop HCC
Chirossis you won't develop (ok maybe again you have 0.5% to develop it but it won't happen God-willing), as even if you had mild chirosis (which you are far from having it based on your fibrotest), tenofovir would reverse it (this was shown to be the case in clinical trials), provided you keep regularly taking your meds.
So you are FREE brother...just make sure to do your regular checks and liver scans....
Thanks, Aduiski.. this actually makes me feel a little more comfortable. My Hep doctor did say my genotype was the least likely for HCC cancer. The rest of the tests being good are, well, good. I guess that's why they didn't feel a need to stick me with a needle :)

I was worried about chirossis due to the fact that I did a LOT of drinking for 3 months straight before I even knew I had Hep B (I found out about a month after a big trip that involved some major drinking, and I got weird symptoms not typical of Hep B). Now, if I could only find out what's causing my other symptoms and how to get them to go away. The meds definitely help and thankfully, clinical trial is 2 years. Hopefully, by then, something comes out for a cure drug.. I'll be first in line here in the states for it!
last couple of years hepatitis scientists have dedicated themselves with hep C...but now that they found a cure they will start switching to hep B. I expect 10 years from now we will have something even drastically better then what we have today (if we don't reach the cure stage)
Yes, D genot. is at much higher risk for cirhossis...but tenofovir reverses fibrosis which you don't have in the first place! you are in an excellent spot the way I see it...
Just for clarification Genotype D is least likely to develop HCC but more likely for Cirrhosis? Also is this true in case of Pre core mutation present?
Yours is only 2 years? They want to put me on this for 3 and a half years (When a cure is looking more like 3years away). I don't think I'm going to do this trial because they are not willing to pay me for my loss of earnings but expect me just to drop everything and come running when they say and now hearing yours will be 2 years and mine is 3 & a half years I'm definitely not doing this trial. I get so frustrated @ the way I'm being handled by the Pharma and Hospital! Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting!!
Mine is only 2 years, correct. But after the 2 years, I'm one year on open label (it means that everyone is officially given TDF, no blind meds). I'm not sure where the half year comes from. I get paid for my trial, however I believe this depends on the participating doctor. I do no care about getting paid, as the meds are given to me for free instead of me having to pay for this and could potentially cure me down the road... it's worth it.

It also helps that my doctor is 5 minutes from where I live and can take my appointments before or after my work schedule :) Yes, the trial has a schedule. You need to come in to get blood drawn every month and get your medication refilled.

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with this. Keep up the fight!
Thanks brother I've just sent you a private message
Wanted to give you guys my latest numbers:

HBV DNA IU/mL - 1,440
HBV LOG 10 - 3.16
Total Bili -- 0.6 mg/dL
Dir Bili -- 0.1mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 60  (Still high)
AST (SGOT) - 36 (now in normal range)
HBsAg - Positive  (Still)
HBe Ab - Positive
HBe Ag - Negative

Was hoping I'd knock down to undetectable on the viral load, but such as is.. I did not. Almost there!  Also, the HBsAG *is* measured in quantitive but in lab only. In the states, it's not available commercially. They watch it in the labe and if seroconversion, they decide what to do from there based on numbers.
Movements in the right direction brother
I don't get why they don't release the hbsag in the states which is so odd. I'm getting my first hbsag measurement ever next month. Is there a good and bad range? My last DNA viral load was 1156 iu so is there a chance my hbsag is lower? I know they not related but I was curious
hbsag less than 1000iu/ml is the best range to clear hbv on peg, to have lowest risk of hcc.at this low values you know your immune system is already working on hbv if you are not on therapy

no correlation with dna
Stef, do have a question for you. They are measure my Osteocalcin levels with this. I believe this is related to Vitamin K. My levels in May were 38.50 (normal was between 7-38). My levels in July test went very high to 54. I've been taking Vitamin K2 with MK7, 100mcg daily. Should I increase this?
sorry i am not expert on bones, i guess you are rebuilding your bones by the use of vit d and vit k since high Osteocalcin should mean that
Been a while since I update, so I am due. Sharing more info here as well:

HBV DNA IU/mL - 741
HBV LOG 10 - 2.87
Total Bili -- 0.6 mg/dL
Dir Bili -- 0.2mg/dL
Ind Bili -- 0.6mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 57 (Still high)
AST (SGOT) - 36

This is all I was able to get for this month. The next big one will be at 6 month mark, when they measure if there is any bone density loss from a bone scan. Of note, my HBV LOG 10 is reducing pretty well. I wonder if my body is in the process of clearing this virus completely?
Hi I am new to this forum. Can you please tell me something about my result last June 2014

ALT= 14
DNA= 13,463
Albumin = 41
Fibroscan= 5.5
Ultra sound Normal

This is the only info. that the Doctor gave me. He didn't give me any medication. What can you say about it. I will appreciate your response.
hbsag quantitative needed to say status of your infection otherwise very little to say from blood tests

fibroscan shows no liver damage
What quantitive hbsAg says about status ?

I have 27000 so, this mean that i'm cgronic for a lot of time ,example 20-30 years ?

Is there a posibillity to be chronic for 5 years and have big quantity, and be chronić 30 years and have small quantity ?

What does it depend ? The time of infection ?
Wanted to give an update as to where I am, got my 5 month numbers:

HBV DNA IU/mL - 347
HBV LOG 10 - 2.54
Total Bili -- 0.3 mg/dL
Dir Bili -- 0.1mg/dL
Ind Bili -- 0.2mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 45
AST (SGOT) - 28

So some comments. Disappointed the DNA did not clear to undetectable within these 5 months. I guess not much can be done at this point other than keep taking the meds and watch it reduce month by month. Glad it did go down almost 400 points though, and my Log10 also was reduced by .3 which is good. ALT needs 2 more points down to be in normal range (according to this lab).

One of my main concerns was the Ostecalcin levels, which were not measured this lab.. was hoping it was, as it seems to be measured every 2 months, so I guess my 6 month lab will show it. Another concern now is my Parathyroid Hormone level jumped up to 56.3 pg/mL but according to labs, this is still well within normal range.

In my 6 month lab, scheduled for a few weeks from now, they will draw more blood for more testing and do more tests. I am also going for a DEXA Scan before that to determine if there was any bone density loss from the Tenofovir. I suspect there was not, but it's safe to get it down... they are doing it every 6 months. Afterwards, I have my second Hep A vaccine shot scheduled.

Anyway, until then, as Hulk Hogan would say.. I'll train, pray and eat my vitamins (and lemons too!) and here's to hoping for a cure!
Just giving more of an update. I had my DXEA scan done. I have the results but no comparisons from my baseline. I was told there was no significant chage from baseline and if there was, the sponsors would have let my doctors know. Of course, there are some concerns for me but let me give you guys what is relevant here (or at least what they are able to give me):

HBV DNA IU/mL - 199 (Still not undectable but the trend seems to be it's reducing by close to half each month for me. I suspect next test will be around 100)
HBV LOG 10 - 2.30 (reduced by .2 from last month)
HBsAg - Positive (Needs to be negative)
HBeAg - Negative
Total Bili -- 0.4 mg/dL
Dir Bili -- 0.1mg/dL
Ind Bili -- 0.3mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 54
AST (SGOT) - 38

Both my liver enzymes had a small spike by about 10 points. Not sure what caused this. I did have a lot of lemons the week or two before this, so maybe something like this had an effect? I also ate a lot the weekend before my test. Whoops!

My creatine level was a little high.. 1.26mg/dL when the max should be 1.24mg/dL. Thinkinking I should drink more water.

My PARATHYROID HORMONE is back down to 31.1 pg/mL, it was at 56 before. I needed to let this continue to go lower. I'm happy about this. It's still within normal range.

My total Cholesterol went up a bit from 150ish to 177ish. Funny, I was eating healthy for a few weeks before my test but the weekend of, was not a healthy weekend, so I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Plus I've had lack of exercise lately. However, with this lab, it's actually still normal.

Osteocalcin - 47.70ng/mL (Another number that was concerning me. It was up around mid 50s last time so it's reduced with my Vitamin K-2 but still too high according to this test)

Overall, besides my 2 herniated and 2 bulged discs in my neck, I do feel a LOT better. Still some linger things with me. I just want this viral load to go undetected first. Hopefully it is by the end of the year!
we may guess you are on tdf if creatinine went up, un less you already had issues with that in the past.half a lemon, 1 tea spoon of baking soda and one glass of waster all mixed and kidneys function will improve

pth is going down as vitd25oh goes up, vitd25oh regulates pth so it is normal for it to come down.it also confirms your vitd receptors are good
What is you HBSAG level and Fibroscan result?
I live in the USA. Neither are measured (apparently, HBSAG is measured but in "lab only"). I asked the doctor about the Fibroscan, as the hospital he is associated with does do this but he ensured me that, based on many numbers he has seen, a Fibroscan was not necessary and no liver damage is suspected. Keep in mind, this is a clinical trial, so I get whatever the clinical trial program gives me.

I could do it on my own, but things are tight with money and a lot is not supported with my insurance and it gets costly where I live.
Thanks Stef, will take your advice. I did have kidney issues in the past with kidney stones in 2011. It was suspected my diet contributed to the stones. This is the first time I saw the levels go up this high, so I'll take your advice and check back on this level within 3 months. I am also going to cut back on some of the stuff I have been eating, as I've been "pigging out" on my 3 meals a day :) But avoiding all greasy stuff as much as I can.
I'm still at a loss as to why my liver enzymes went up. The meds were seeing them decrease drastically the past 6 months. This is the first month they increased, and by 10 points each. Would the dental work I had done twice in one month with all the novacaine and some fatty foods here and there, cause this much of an increase?
that s the killing of infected cells
Steff, that was actually my other thinking as well, infected cells are being killed off causing a little spike. I guess I should be thankful for that. Now, get the rest out of me! :)
You do not know what drug you got? TDF or TAF?
No problem - faults Viread tablet (blue) into two parts and try to taste (tongue tip). If Viread real - remains a bitter taste that is specific to Viread. If Viread placebo - taste of chalk (no bitter taste). OK?
i didn t see the sentence "rise of 10 points", that s nothing they are the same

a meaningful rise is over 50 points and hundreds of points.alt fluctuates all the time according to the processed food/the sugars or drugs taken.it can easily be the dentist's drugs
I never got a chance to share my DXEA Scan results, so here we go:

Region: Spine L1, BMD: 0.997, BMC: 12.3, Area: 12.37, TScore: -1.4, ZScore: -1.4

Region: Spine L1-L2, BMD: 1.030, BMC: 27, Area: 26.16, TScore: -1.4, ZScore: -1.4

Region: Spine L1-L3, BMD: 1.059, BMC: 42.5, Area: 40.10, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: Spine L1-L4, BMD: 1.062, BMC: 58.9, Area: 55.59, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: Spine L2, BMD: 1.059, BMC: 14.6, Area: 13.79, TScore: -1.5, ZScore: -1.5

Region: Spine L2-3, BMD: 1.086, BMC: 30.1, Area: 27.72, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: Spine L2-4, BMD: 1.080, BMC: 46.6, Area: 43.12, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: Spine L3, BMD: 1.113, BMC: 15.5, Area: 13.93, TScore: -1.1, ZScore: -1.1

Region: Spine L3-L4, BMD: 1.090, BMC: 32.0, Area: 29.33, TScore: -1.2, ZScore: -1.2

Region: Spine L4, BMD: 1.069, BMC: 16.5, Area: 15.40, TScore: -1.4, ZScore: -1.4

Spine Total Adequate BMD: 1.062, BMC: 58.9, Area: 55.49, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: L.FemurNeck, BMD: 0.991, BMC: 5.0, Area: 5.01, TScore: -0.6, ZScore: -0.4

Region: L.FemurShaft, BMD: 1.138, BMC: 17.8, Area: 15.66, TScore

Region: L.FemurTotal BMD: 0.972, BMC: 32.0, Area: 32.94, TScore: -0.9, ZScore: -0.7

Region: L.FemurTotalAdequate BMD: 0.972, BMC: 32.0

Region: L.FemurTrochanter BMD: 0.753, BMC: 9.2, Area: 12.27 TScore: -1.6, ZScore: -1.5

Region: L.FemurWards BMD: 0.792, BMC: 2.2, Area: 2.79 TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -0.9

Not sure what it all means but the BMD, for the most part is normal. My Tscore is concerning, it means I have thin bones. I also do not have the first DXEA scan to compare to, and I need to get this to determine the difference. I was told "no clinical difference" whatever that means. This one was 6 months into treatment.
I think the hbv suppresses immune response by acting several ways the main one disturbing vit d pathways
i think the only way to repair is get enough vit d to the vdr receptor, to know if this happens you need to take all the vit d needed and belive me to take pth down (which is avoid body to take calcium from the bones) extremely high vitd25oh is needed and this is exactly what the dr coimbra protocol is.by 6 months of pth stable less than 20pg/ml you should see result on calcium in the bones and immu e system.vit k mk7 of course helps too for bones

i hope my hypotesis is ok i will share my results in jan 2015 which is 6 months on this protocol and other cofactors for this
Stef, always appreciates your comments and this all makes sense now. From what I read on my DXEA scan numbers, I am considered Osteopenic at this point. I suspect your theory is correct and the virus is what is causing this. This was never an issue before I found out about my virus, and I suspect is the reason why I am having so much joint pain and so much weakness, which has been slowly going back to normal.

From what I read, those 2 symptoms could be a sign of an acute case. So it's possible this is an acute case which is acting like a chronic case. Time will only tell at this point.
Hey All, wanted to share more results from my last test:

HBV DNA IU/mL - 54
HBV LOG 10 - 1.73 (another big drop)
HBsAg - Positive (Needs to be negative)
HBeAg - Negative
Total Bili -- 0.4mg/dL
Dir Bili --  < 0.1mg/dL
Ind Bili -- < 0.3mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 52
AST (SGOT) - 32

Other things that concern me:
Creatine - 1.46 mg/dL (high end in normal is 1.24)
PARATHYROID HORMONE  - 40.2 pg/mL

Everything else, seems to be normal. Still no Vitamin D test on this clinical trial, so I'm going to go measure it through blood test at another doctor myself at the beginning of next year.  I'm going back on 20,000 iu Daily because I suspect, with my DXEA scan, I need it (along with some good K2 and Calcium)

Some comments:
HBV DNA - The goal on the clinical trial was to get me believe 70, I believe. I've reached that goal. But this is still not considered undetectable. I'm doing everything I can this month to assure it gets there by next test.

Creatine is a concern.. going to take Stef's advice in this thread and be very religious about it. I need it back to normal. This must be due to the meds.

While the labs on the Parathroid Hormone are well within normal, they increased again. Last trend showed they were going down, so I need to get this down again. I think the goal was 20.

Also, got my baseline DXEA scan. I'll post results ater. It's clearly obvious there is bone density loss from baseline compared to the 6 month scan I posted earlier.

(along with some good K2 and Calcium)

do not take calcium, it is proven to be harmful, you just need to increase vitd25oh at a level that makes pth 10-20pg/ml
that low pth means you are taking calcium from the food in your gut and not from your bones as it is happening now.it is good to have it lowest end of normal (but not und), latest studies show low hbvdna, low hbsag less than 1000iu/ml (inactive carriers), low fibrosis where pth is that low.while high pth the opposite.it is also known high pth suppresses immune function and correlates to high IL17 which correlates with hbv chronicity and autoimmunity

taking the calcium will increase serum calcium preventing you to use the high dose vit d3 needed to unblock VDR receptors in the gut and get calcium from food.once your pth is that low you dont need calcium at all, it will e taken from food and taken to the bones by vit k mk7
your kidneys might improve as well, low vitd25oh correlates with 50% less kidneys function
Stef, thank you so much! Advice taken! I've started with 20,000iu Vitamin D3 daily since Thursday. I've definitely felt a difference since then.
Sharing this link, it's an image to my DXEA scans. First 2 are the Baseline one. Second 2 are the 6 month DXEA scan. It's more legible then printing it out!

http://i.imgur.com/rLV3zNd.jpg
Thanks for sharing with me the trick about being able to tell which pill is what. The other day, I was at a holiday party, and had to take my medication in the bathroom. I could not get to a glass of water for a couple of minutes so both pills started to dissolve in my mouth. The blue one, when dissolved, tasted a little chalky but it also tasted bitter. The small round pill, potential TAF, had no taste to it.

After seeing my doctor last week, he said he's pretty sure I'm on TDF after reading numbers. Neither him nor I know which we are on according to the clinical trial, but I suspect he knows something. I'll post more results when I have the latest.
Wanted to share the latest results, which include a new Vitamin D level for me:

HBV DNA IU/mL: < 29 IU/mL HBV DNA Detected
HBV LOG 10: 1.43 (Only dropped .3 but still dropped)
Total Bili: 0.3mg/dL
Dir Bili : < 0.1mg/dL
Ind Bili : < 0.3mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 45 (Lowest it has been, norm is up to 43)
AST (SGOT) - 30

Other things that concern me:
Creatine - 1.15 mg/dL (Back to normal range high end in normal is 1.24)
PARATHYROID HORMONE  - 45.7 pg/mL (Number keeps fluctuating)
Vitmamin D 25-Hydroxy: 110.0 (ng/mL)

Some comments. Concerned that I now don't have an actual number for my HBV and it's just "less than" but I guess this is a good thing! Not sure when to consider the virus undetected n(well, the viral load at least)

Really want to reduce PTH, not sure how. Vitamin D is high, 110. I've been taking 20,000iu daily the past few months. Should I reduce? Looking for comments on Stef from this.

Happy the creatine and kidney function tests are back to normal. This was concerning me.

My bones have felt achey (achy) and weak the past few weeks, not sure what to do but exercising more would help :)
as you can see as you normalize vit d a little the others tests improve.pth is indeed very high considered you have vitd25oh 110ng/ml, this means vit d cannot get to tissues because receptors are blocked (if receptros work normally pth goes very low to min normal range or even undetectable).so most of your vitd25oh 110ng/ml goes around in blood useless

you need to increase vitd25oh more trying doses of 50.000iu daily, for this you need very close monitoring (which you probably already have being on a trial).these are the tests to do monthly:
serum calcium
ionized calcium

24hrs urine collection: calcium, creatinine clearance and phosphorus in those urine

intact pth
creatinine

you also have to avoid all high calcium foods like all dairies and dairies in processed foods, nuts and drink 2.5l of low calcium water daily (look for brands of water with lowest calcium)
the hospital in pisa, where we have some of the best hbv researchers in the worlds, considers vitd25oh 30-150ng/ml as normal
Stef, thank you for your response and your excellent knowledge! I sometimes question my labs, as they are using a lab that is not a well known one and I feel the numbers may be a little "off" with these.

According to all lab tests, besides the liver and Vitamin D, everything else was in Normal range. I believe all the tests you suggested were actually included in the lab. I'll have to go back to them and report back.
Wanted to share more numbers:

HBV LOG 10: 1.46 (It went up from last test? WHY?)
Total Bili: 0.6mg/dL  (Increase of .3)
Dir Bili :  0.1mg/dL  
Ind Bili : "Pending result"
ALT (SGPT) - 54 (went up 9 points)
AST (SGOT) - 37 (went up 7 points)
Creatine - 1.13 mg/dL
Uric Acid - 7.4 mg/dL
Calcium - 9.6 mg/dL
Phosphorus - 3.8 mg/dL
pH - 5.0
CK - 236 U/L
Parathyroid Hormone - 38.9 pg/mL
HBsAg - Positive
Hep Be Ag - Negative

So my comments: Concerned about my Log10 going up. Any ideas why? Usually it's been going down a lot and this is the first time it went up. My liver enzymes keep fluctating. So does my parathyroid hormone. I included stuff related to my kidneys, which seem normalized. As for my CK, Creatine kinase is an enzyme found in the heart, brain, skeletal muscle, and other tissues. Increased amounts of CK are released into the blood when there is muscle damage. I wonder what this is about? Odd it went up. I have to wonder how accurate this lab is, considering there is still a "pending result". Any thoughts?
pH - 5.0

this is bad, too acidic, human blood or urine must be around 7 to be optimal

Parathyroid Hormone - 38.9 pg/mL

best less than 20pg/ml but only vitd3 can bring this down

is CK normal range?if so no worries about this.

the only bad thing i can see, relatively of course, very long time to make hbvdna undetactable since you are still detectable between 1 and 29iu/ml and test is a little outdated with very poor sensibility below 29iu/ml.tests are with sensibility 6-10iu/ml since a couple of years
do you also have your vitd25oh in the same days this pth was checked?
by the way both my and my sister experience with pth....to make it less than 39pg/ml we needed vitd25oh way over 150ng/ml, if calcium stays stable i would increase yours to at least 150ng/ml to see if we have hbvdna und at last and pth around 20pg/ml at least
Stef, thank you for the comments! Always appreciated my friend! So answers for you

pH - 5.0: According to labs, this is the lowest on normal range which is 5.0-8.0 according to this lab. I need to keep my eye on this. Any suggests to get to 7.0?

Parathyroid Hormone - This seems to fluctuate. I am a little "overweight" so I suspect this has a lot to do with it. I'm 5'10" about 210lbs. Losing weight will probably help this. But it's very difficult for me to lose now.

CK normal range is between 18-198. This is the first time I have seen it this high. I suspect the contributing factor to this might be due to me playing ice hockey late the night before, as my blood tests are at 7am. They said sometimes with strenous exercise, this can go up. I'll have to keep my eye on this next test.

Agreed on the HBV DNA, taking way too long. And I'm perplexed as to why the HBV LOG now went up .3 when it's constantly going down. Is the medication not working now?! Surely it must be working if my DNA is still below <29 (I want to see it stay undetected. I've been eating the black seed like Safi suggested and also drinking organic ginger tea per day and taking honey -- next test should be interesting)

My Vitamin D was not checked in this lab. It was checked 2 labs ago though, and was the same test with my pth. I'm still taking 20,000iu daily of Vitamin D3.
many raw vegetables and less acidic foods or simply baking soda with lemon juice mixed or baking soda with Molasses or Maple Syrup to improve taste.i just use baking and lemon

i dont think so, pth is just the main calcium regulator and responds to calcium only, by increasing vit d you increase calcium from gut and lower pth

yes it may be that, it should never be tested after gym or muscles stress

it can go up and down a little, there is also immune system that aids to clear the remaiining low replication

So here is my monthly update. This lab this month did not include a lot, since the schedule did not have it. Here is what I can provide though and some comments:

Total Bili: 0.3mg/dL  (decrease of .3)
Dir Bili :  < 0.1mg/dL  
Ind Bili : < 0.3 1mg/dL
ALT (SGPT) - 54 (Stayed the same within a month, still high)
AST (SGOT) - 33 (went down 4 points. Back to Normal)
Creatine - 1.25 mg/dL  (went up a, .01 above normal)
Uric Acid - 6.3 mg/dL  (went down, still normal)
Calcium - 10.1 mg/dL  (went up a little but within normal)
Phosphorus - 4.6 mg/dL  (also went up, still within normal)
pH - 5.0
CK - 123 U/L  (back to normal. last month was high)
Parathyroid Hormone - 34.1 pg/mL (went down instead of up.. has always fluctuated between down and up each month so I was expecting it to go up. Glad it did not)

I guess my concerns are as follows:

HBV DNA says < 29 HBV Detected. Does this mean that the DNA is still in my body or is the wording wrong? According to the labs, <29 was the goal as showing "undetected" so I'm thinking this just means "Less than 29". Even so, my doctor suspected a year it would take for undetected. I need to ask him next appointment

HBV LOG was not reported. It was in every lab. I'm wondering if the lab missed it or if it was not reported because it's at 0 now. I'm curious to see what happens at my 1 year mark (I'm ahead of schedule too, so 1 year is in March even though it should be in April) with the tests to check for HBSAG and such.

On a side note, my study doctor quit in December and I have a new one. I liked the old one as he knew the drugs very well because of HIV Patients. But he made a few comments towards me comparing me to HIV Patients, when I was never infected with such (Thankfully!) Apparently he quit on the spot one day right in the new year.
HBV DNA says < 29 HBV Detected

this means the test is very poor sensibility, we have 6iu/ml and 10iu/ml since years.so this test still detects your hbvdna in blood but can t say the number because it has poor sensibility below 29iu/ml

hbvdna will always be in the liver   unless hbsab gets very high and hbsag und

this is ok until about 10.5 but i d try to lower it by 2.5l of water with calcium less than 5mg/L and no dairies

pth good numbers, hope you can get it below 20pg/ml sooner or later.this also means tissues are still vit d deficient

hiv and tdf used on hiv have nothing to share with us hbvers, even tdf sides are different and in very little percentages close for us
Stef, I agree. The test is poor sensibility. This is what happens with a clinical trial I guess, they must use the cheap labs. For all I know, my HBV DNA in blood could be 10, 6, 2, 1 or even 0. All less than 29. Yes, I realize it always lives in liver.. hopefully that changes one day (sooner than later!)

Calcium - I stay away from all dairies. I'm not a fan of them to begin with. I'll be drinking more water though to see how much this helps. Funny, the lab cutoff was 10.5 as well!

Keeping an eye on pth for sure

I was a little annoyed when the study doctor compared me to HIV patients. I asked that he not make that comparison, because I was not infected with such and hope I never would be as well. I even pointed out to him that I had this test done and never tested positive for HIV.
no zero no, when you get close to zero even the test with sensibility at 10iu/ml might not pickup hbvdna all the time.
anyway being on tdf it is not so important to be totally und since there is no risk of resistance

Calcium, try brands with very very low calcium, in italy i found a brand with 2mg/l, these waters are very good for depurative effect, they are ususally from very high altitude springs.when i cut off dairies i was some values as you even if vitd25oh was 60-70ng/ml, it took me about a month of dairies restiction to see calcium fall, but in the end we all have different metabolism, i wish you can have high vit d with low calcium
Wanted to share the latest labs as well as questions and answers I had from doctor's vii\sit:

Total Bili: 0.5mg/dL
Dir Bili :   0.1mg/dL  
Ind Bili : 0.4 1mg/dL (the lab changed the way this reports now.. within normal)
ALT (SGPT) - 49 (down 5 points)
AST (SGOT) - 31 (went down 2 points. StillNormal)
Creatine - 1.15 mg/dL  (went back to normal)
Uric Acid - 6.9 mg/dL  (went up, still normal)
Calcium - 9.8 mg/dL  (went down but within normal)
Phosphorus - 3.8 mg/dL  (also went down, still within normal)
pH - 5.5  (up .5 and still within normal)
CK - 134 U/L  (up 11 points but still normal)
Parathyroid Hormone - 51.3 pg/mL (Once again, went up... as I mentioned, this keeps fluctuating.)

My 2 biggest concerns:

1.) Cholesterol keeps rising... I need to exercise more, this is for sure. It wasn't listed as high just yet but it's borderline.

2.) My Protein was listed as "+1" and high. Not sure why, I had mainly fruits and veggies all week.

Now onto the important doctor's questions and answers I got:

1.) Asked why the HBV LOG 10 went up .02 from one month to another. He said it was not significant and was probably just the sensitivity of the lab at the time and I should not be concerned. He'd be more concerned if it went up a full point or more.

2.) Asked him the actual meaning of my HBV DNA, whether it meant that less than 29 is detected and I could be undetected or if it meant I was still detectable but it was less than 29.

He gave me an answer pretty much identical to what Stef gave me. He admitted that the lab the clinical trial was using was not the best and there were better labs that report as low as 10 or even 5. He said I could be any number between 1 and 29 on the lab.

I then mentioned to him that I think it's taking longer than I expected to clear and he kind of gave me a "This is where I was expecting you to be, I did say a year and it's almost a year. So as far a I'm concerned, you're on target for what we expected but all of this is just a reminder to me and you that this virus is still in you and even when undetectable, it will still live in your liver. So until that changes/you seroconvert, you need to stay on the medication or else this could come right back!"

I did say "I'm being optimistic that I'm going to clear the virus this year!" and he kind of smiled at me and told me "you could, anything is possible! the power of positivity is important!"

3.) Asked him why my AST and ALT keep fluctuating so much. He looked at me and said it's most likely from a fatty liver, as I am 30-40lbs over weight. He said that at some point, my body may have just leveled off at these numbers and so it's floating right around there. He wasn't concerned within anything serious

4.) Lastly, the new study doctor I was given, decided to take it upon herself to order me an Ultrasound. She said it should have been done every 6 months, etc. I asked about the Fibroscan and she said if it ever came down to it, she'll send me for it but right now sees no need. She did say that she had a patient who was picked up as having cirrhosis of the liver on a Fibroscan and because he displayed no symptoms of having such, they sent him for a biopsy which came back normal... odd, right?

Anyone, in a few weeks it's Ultrasound, DXEA scan and then a lab. After next lab, I go in every 2 months instead of every month. Clinical trial ends 2017.
Woow lucky man you are doing very good & your doctor respond to Q # 4 makes me a lit bit worried to my situation coz according to my ultrasound result my doctor told i don't have any scars on my liver then when i did my fibroscan from no where it came out f2-f3 & that's why no I am on treatmemnt of entecavir.
nice results, hope your HBs will go - soon ! :)
Thanks all for responses. I'm doing as best as I could. I just keep praying I clear. Next test will give me more status.. who knows, maybe I seroconvert really quick :)
With a nickname like this, there's no other option ! :)
it's really shame that they don't test your HBsAg quantitive, no option to do it on your own ?
good luck your results looks good, i hope you cure soon
Sorte, as far as I know it's not available in the United States. I know there's an option to send in blood for testing to other countries, but I don't trust myself enough to stick myself with a needle of any sort.

I'm not a big traveler either. Anyone know if they have this test available in Canada like Toronto? I would go there for it indeed!
Mexico they probably have it.
you should have a local lab or nurse/doctor to prepear the sample for shipment , it is not something we can do ourselves

i have to do same thing sooner or later for nagalase tests and il17 test available at redlabs.com belgium.too messy to go there in person and all private labs close to my home where available to prepear the samples to ship
I wanted to update because some people are messaging me privately asking about this trial.

First off, this trial closed this year, so you will not get on it. My doctor offered it to me last year so that is why I am on it.

Saw the doctor today (appt window was scheduled for April but meds ran out so I had it today instead). He told me that it looks like the FDA will be approving this new formula very soon. He didn't give me a timeframe but said possibly within the year.

I had a LOT of blood drawn, since it's 1 year mark. I'll knew results in a few weeks. I also had a DEXA scan done 2 weeks ago, still no results. They send to another lab for analysis. Should know within a week.

I did get results of Ultrasound back... on it, it said "unremarkable liver. No abnormalities. 13.7cm in size". That's good news indeed! They did find a cyst on each kidney and a 6mm cyst on gallbladder. I was told nothing to be concerned about, as they are fairly common, but to just watch it in a year.
Good to know that there is possibility of nuc with less side effects.
I don't understand one thing, study completion date is 2018 https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01940341?term=TAF+HBV&rank=3
and your doctor said it may be approved by FDA within one year.
I thought it may be done only after finish of the phase 3.
sorte, that is what I thought too
My study completion data is actually in January of 2017. If memory serves me correct, the patent on the original drug expires then so it might be possibe they are approving it within the year and releasing it right when the patent expires.
I guess that 2018 is end time of the study and it's not equal to phase 3 close. So they continue study after phase 3 closing, which is 2017 like you mentioned.
Sounds about right, Phase III ends 2017. It the study, it mentioned that I'd be switched to open label new formula for a year so I suspect that is the last leg of it after Phase III is done. Will keep you posted on all results when I get them in  a few weeks.
Thank you luckyman316.
So wanted to provide another update... before I start, I had this lab drawn on 03/30/2015. During that weekened, I had decided to try Dr. Oz's weekend cleanse program.

http://www.doctoroz.com/article/48-hour-weekend-cleanse

The food was delicious but it was rough and probably not the best weekend to do this right before a lab. On top of this, I had a championship ice hockey game the night before... it was one I could NOT miss.

So here are results... this was considered the "1 year mark" even though it was a month ahead of time:

Total Bili: 0.6mg/dL
Dir Bili :   0.1 mg/dL  
Ind Bili : 0.5 mg/dL  ALT (SGPT) - 49 (down 5 points)
AST (SGOT) - 38 (Up 7 points, says it's 2 pts higher than normal)
ALT (SGPT) - 64 (Highest it has been for a while
Creatine - 1.16 mg/dL  
Uric Acid - 6.9 mg/dL  
Calcium - 10.2 mg/dL  
Phosphorus - 3.7 mg/dL
pH - 6.9  (up .5 and still within normal)
CK - 138 U/L  (up 4 points but still normal)
Parathyroid Hormone - 23.1 pg/mL (Might be lowest I have seen this on this particular lab. It went down a lot.)

Now for the "more numbers I don't get often" portion:

P1NP - 113.90 ng/mL (It was high)
Protein - Labeled as "Trace"
Ostase - 22.92 ug/L (Normal)
Osteocal 46.78 ng/mL (High but 8 points from normal)
HBsAg - Positive
HBe AB - Positive
HBe Ag - Negative
Fibr.Score - 0.36
Fibr.Stage - F1-F2 Moderate Fibrosis (I was F0 before treament)

All this being said, I think it's time to make some lifestyle changes very quickly! It's the only thing that could help. Feel free to comment!
If you mean life style changes with going to organic fresh food, this is the first thing to do in general since processed foods with chemicals are able to do more damage than hbv itself on many.....see obesity, metabolic disturbances and so on but in general your results are good except going from f0 to f2, was it fibrosca or biopsy?
Do you think the cleanse had an effect on elevated ALT/AST?
Stef, thanks! It was done through neither. They reported it on the blood test. Not sure how that is done but I can't imagine it is accurate. There is only one place that does Fibroscan here and doctor told me if they were to send me there, then the location of clinical trial would change and it's quite a distance from me.

Yes, I need to eat a LOT more healthier. This has been a big issue for me. I honestly need to drop about 30lbs just to start. I'm not very overweight due to an active lifestyle but I need to lose some for the start.
Yes, I think the cleanse affected the test and elevated the liver a bit. Granted, the ALT was always high for me anyway but this may have contributed to the additional 10pts.
so you only did fibromax test, which includes ( fibrotest, actitest, nash test, etc ..it may give you an idea of what's in your liver, but this is just a calculation between your blood test results.  my doctor also requested me to do fibromax (i really don't know how usefull is this ),which i did ,but i also went for fibroscan on my own ..
thanks for the update luckyman !
I see you had HBV DNA IU/mL: < 29 IU/mL HBV DNA Detected before too, so the sensitivity of the test is 29 IU ?
i'm interested of your progress luckyman316. well done you!
Hi Melcul, yes. This is what is included in the clinical trial. I'm uncertain if Fibroscan is covered by my insurance. I need to look into this. Generally, does anyone know how much one costs?
sorte, yes it is 29iu. My doctor admitted that this was an older sensitivity from the clinical trial.
is very cheap in european countries, in romania where i go is somewhere around 60$ ...in england although i think is a few hundred pounds
Thanks for sharing. It's probably a few hundred US Dollars here too then.
why they don't use some more sensitive test, I think 29 IU is not the best sensitivity ?
Clinical trial.. you'll have to ask Gilead that question! :)
My doctor uses a better test, but they don't use that one on the clinical trial. They use what Gilead  tells them to use for Gilead's trial
Sorry I have not been as active, updating more. They are now watching me every 2 months. I got results from my latest DXEA Scan about a month after it happened. Here it is:

Region: Spine L1, BMD: 0.889, BMC: 11.1, Area: 12.51, TScore: -2.3, ZScore: -2.3

Region: Spine L1-L2, BMD: .973, BMC: 25.5, Area: 26.23, TScore: -1.9, ZScore: -1.9

Region: Spine L1-L3, BMD: 1.021, BMC: 41.0, Area: 40.19, TScore: -1.6, ZScore: -1.6

Region: Spine L1-L4, BMD: 1.035, BMC: 57.6, Area: 55.68, TScore: -1.5, ZScore: -1.5

Region: Spine L2, BMD: 1.049, BMC: 14.4, Area: 13.72, TScore: -1.6, ZScore: -1.6

Region: Spine L2-3, BMD: 1.080, BMC: 29.9, Area: 27.68, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: Spine L2-4, BMD: 1.077, BMC: 46.5, Area: 43.17, TScore: -1.4, ZScore: -1.4

Region: Spine L3, BMD: 1.110, BMC: 15.5, Area: 13.95, TScore: -1.1, ZScore: -1.1

Region: Spine L3-L4, BMD: 1.090, BMC: 32.1, Area: 29.45, TScore: -1.3, ZScore: -1.3

Region: Spine L4, BMD: 1.071, BMC: 16.6, Area: 15.49, TScore: -1.4, ZScore: -1.4

Spine Total Adequate BMD: 1.035, BMC: 57.6, Area: 55.68, TScore: -1.5, ZScore: -1.5

Region: L.FemurNeck, BMD: 0.929, BMC: 4.7, Area: 5.02, TScore: -1.1, ZScore: -0.8

Region: L.FemurShaft, BMD: 1.145, BMC: 17.6, Area: 15.38, TScore

Region: L.FemurTotal BMD: 0.959, BMC: 31.7, Area: 33.01, TScore: -1.0, ZScore: -0.8

Region: L.FemurTotalAdequate BMD: 0.959, BMC: 31.7 Area: 33.01

Region: L.FemurTrochanter BMD: 0.744, BMC: 9.4, Area: 12.60 TScore: -1.7, ZScore: -1.6

Region: L.FemurWards BMD: 0.749, BMC: 2.1, Area: 2.80 TScore: -1.6, ZScore: -1.3

If I compare this to the other post in this thread, it's clearly obvious there is slow bone density loss going on here. This further makes me believe that I am on the old drug on this trial. Feel free to comment.
that s a trick so in the trial you can have higher percentages of so called undetectable and put in very small writing below (hidden) und is <29, are they smart?

Just wanted to share latest results:

Total Bili: 0.3mg/dL
Dir Bili :  < 0.1 mg/dL  
Ind Bili : <0.3 mg/dL  
AST (SGOT) - 35 (down a few points)
ALT (SGPT) - 53 (down from before, thankfully)
Creatine - 1.26 mg/dL   (.02 higher than top end)
Uric Acid - 7.5 mg/dL  
Calcium - 9.8 mg/dL  
Phosphorus - 3.3 mg/dL
pH - 5.5  
CK - 213 U/L  (this number jumped up a LOT)
Parathyroid Hormone - 60.4 pg/mL (Again, up a LOT)

I'm concerned about all these and then this comes up with urine test:

CRYSTALS: Ca OX Present
MICELLANEOUS ELEMENTS: MUCOUS

How does one even get mucous in their urine? I am not sexually active so this is a shock to me

But then I see other lab:

CS&GCtrlClr KX 34.2 which is low
Apparently lots of other required testing was "unavailable"

Then I saw this and it alarmed me that this lab could just be wrong:
CYSTATIN C - MISHANDLED BY LAB

I wonder what all happened here? Very odd!!

Anyway, I've generally been feeling pretty decent and such, and am not concerned any more at this point about overanalyzing it all. We'll see what happens in 2 months.

dont worry about some crystals in the urine. drink more water and you should be fine.
the mucous has no significance.
the creatinine is more of a problem, you do need the cystatin c to independently test glomerular filtration capacity. Insist on it to be repeated.
I can't "insist" on it being repeated... if I do, it's through my insurance which I will not do here. The clinical trial is on a schedule. It'll be repeated in 2 months anyway, so I will wait for then. Thank you for the advice. I agree, I have not been drinking enough water lately (and a LOT more coffee) and I need to!
Also, question. Does these tests ever say "HBV DNA UNDETECTED" or, assuming always positive HBsAG it will always say "HBV DNA DETECTED" even if it is below 29? Like let's say the HBV DNA is actually 0, will it still say DETECTED?
For the high pth probably some vit d receptors resistance, try to drink low calcium water less than 10mg/l  2.5liters per day....we need good kidneys unless taf will be on market very soon
the test will say dna detected as long as there is any pos pcr signal. if there is no signal, it will say dna not detected.
Stef, I don't know what low calcium water is. I've never heard of this.. and don't think they sell it bottle here in the states. Usually, that kind of stuff is not measured and if it is, it's probably very expensive to buy here.
dont you have the mineral content/toxic waste reported in the states?here you can t sell water without it
They report it, but on water bottles I don't recall seeing the content amount. Just report what is in there. So I'd never be able to tell how much
Luckyman316 how about the alpine spring water(crystal geyser) they sell it by the walmart, Safeway or lucky? All they are 0% calcium. Thanks!
Royal, thanks. It looks like Dasani water has no calcium in it either... at least it's not listed on there. So I went ahead with that.