Hepatitis B Community
My Girl friend after infected

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My Girl friend after infected

My girl friend is being infected with  HBV
I have also tested my status.
I am non-reactive.
Coz i have taken HBV vaccine for 4times.
The last times was about 3years ago.
Should i take another dosage of vaccine for next time?
what time should i take?
should i check my antibody status?
Can i transmit from my g/f?
thanks
p.s.we have unprotected sex for many times
Get your antibody status checked. If it is reactive, then you are immune. There is no need for further vaccination.
i have checked my antibody status at last 2years.That time it gave me reactive.(after 3times of taking vaccine)
But today i have taken the next vaccine.
i dont remember how many time it is.
I think may be 4 or 5 times.
Because some medical students(my friends) told me that the people who live closely with infected one should take vaccine for every 2years.
in order to reboot the antibody
is it right?
and i want to know if i have taken overdose what can i going to be?
can i get infected by overdose?!!!
I think your friends may need to see the following link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_B_vaccine

Once you had antibodies (100mIU/ml) and your test reported you are reactive to HBsAB, you are immune for life. There is no need to get further vaccinations or every 2 years.
Also there is no proof that once or repeated vaccination has any side effects.

Response to vaccination
Following the primary course of 3 vaccinations, a blood test may be taken after an interval of 1–4 months to establish if there has been an adequate response, which is defined as an anti-hepatitis B surface antigen (anti-Hbs) antibody level above 100 mIU/ml. Such a full response occurs in about 85-90% of individuals.[8]

An antibody level between 10 and 100 mIU/ml is considered a poor response, and these people should receive a single booster vaccination at this time, but do not need further retesting.[8]

People who fail to respond (anti-Hbs antibody level below 10 mIU/ml) should be tested to exclude current or past Hepatitis B infection, and given a repeat course of 3 vaccinations, followed by further retesting 1–4 months after the second course. Those who still do not respond to a second course of vaccination may respond to a high dose of vaccine or to intradermal administration.[9][10][11] Those who still fail to respond will require hepatitis B immunoglobulin (HBIG) if later exposed to the hepatitis B virus.[8]

Poor responses are mostly associated with being over the age of 40 years, obesity and smoking,[12] and also in alcoholics, especially if with advanced liver disease.[13] Patients who are immunosuppressed or on renal dialysis may respond less well and require larger or more frequent doses of vaccine.[8] At least one study suggests that hepatitis B vaccination is less effective in patients with HIV.[14]

[edit] Duration of protection
Although initially it was thought that the hepatitis B vaccine did not provide indefinite protection, this is no longer considered the case. Previous reports had suggested vaccination would provide effective cover of between five and seven years,[15][16] but subsequently it has been appreciated that long-term immunity derives from immunological memory which outlasts the loss of antibody levels and hence subsequent testing and administration of booster doses is not required in successfully vaccinated immunocompetent individuals.[17][18] Hence with the passage of time and longer experience, protection has been shown for at least 25 years in those who showed an adequate initial response to the primary course of vaccinations,[19] and UK guidelines now suggest that for initial responders who require ongoing protection, such as for healthcare workers, only a single booster is advocated at 5 years.[8]

[edit] Safety
Several studies looked for a significant association between recombinant hepatitis B vaccine (HBV) and multiple sclerosis (MS) in adults. Most found none; however, a 2004 study[20] reported a significant increase in risk within 3 years of vaccination. Some of these studies were criticized for methodological problems. This controversy created public misgivings about HB vaccination, and hepatitis B vaccination in children remained low in several countries. A 2007 study found that the vaccination does not seem to increase the risk of a first episode of MS in childhood.[21]

thanks for fast respond
i dnt know what  my range is.
but i m sure i may be 10 to 100.
this is my first and last test of my antibody status.
i remember after i have tested the antibody, i token the vaccine for 1time.
this is the second time after that.(after 2years)
;-)
could i know my antibody if i test at tomorrow?
i am so afraid of that virus coz i have finish my university and i will go to aboard at next 3months
;-(
Please
Yesterday, I checked my antibody level that show 11.7mIU/ml.
I know that is the poor level.
I have an question
Could i have a chance to infect HBV with that level?
I have taken my booster vaccination the day before yesterday.
And
Should i test my HBVantigen in the future?
Is there a relationship between HBV and HCV?
thanks