Hepatitis B Community
My Hep B results. Please provide treatment suggestions

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi Stef, Vijik and others,
Please provide treatment suggestions for me.

I am having HBV for the last 9 years atleast and my age is 30 years now
My latest results are as follows:
CBC - Normal
Liver funtion test - Normal
ALT - 47 (range is 30 to 65 U /Lt)
AST - 24 (range upto 35 IU/Lt)

HBeAg - Positive (29.901)
Anti ABeAb - Negative (1.53)

HBV Viral Load - 207 (Reference: Sensitivity limit: 3.8 IU/ml)
HbsAg, serum - Positive (>250)   (reference: Negative: < 0.05 IU/ml)

Thanks,
Prasad
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Your ALT is in normal range though there is HBV DNA and surface Antigen which are positive and above reference range. The presence of HBeAg is useful for deciding whether to start and when to stop antiviral therapy. Oral antivirals are given till HBeAg seroconversion has been achieved and antibody to HBeAg has developed. After HBeAg seroconversion is achieved, antiviral therapy is usually given for another 6–12 months before stopping. The treatment cannot be individualized. A complete evaluation is important before giving an accurate advice and management. Consult your hepatologist.
Best luck and regards!
you need to treat absolutely before hbv mutates to hbeag negative and hbeab positive

first you need to go back to the lab because they fraud you not checking hbsag quantity, they have an old abbott kit which needs diluition for hbsag superior to 250iu/ml, which is 99% of hbv carriers, so the lazy lab tech that made no diluition is to kick in the *** for this
to know your chances to clear hbv we need hbsag level absolutely and hbv genotype

hbvdna is of little to no use to predict response to treatment but anyway a low hbvdna is better than a high one, the main immune supppressing part of hbv is hbsag but also a high hbvdna have immune suppressing effect (hbsag is also a part of full virions)

so come back with hbsag level, hbcab igm level possibly, hbeag level
sorry but your knowledge of hbv is obsolete and just accademic, if you are not updated with personalized hbv treatment avoid answering to this channel, any hepatologist can suggest that, here we discuss only the most updated therapies to clear hbv and not just how to control it

For your information ALT = 47 is not considered to be in "normal range" for HBV patients anymore. The upper limit is 30 for males and 25 for women.

Please do not misguide people in this forum with your senseless answers.
and 25 for women.

19 for women

anyway i also noted that  Arti Sharma is confusing because just reporting absolete accademic info on hbv which can be found on any generic website we are actually fighting this uncorrect/obsolete info
Pls lets stop fighting over nothing.
I find some of her (Arti Sharma, M.D) answer helpful.