Hepatitis B Community
My Latest Result After 5 moths treatment of Entecavir 0.5mg

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello Dear Friends,

I am on Entecavir 0.5 treatment for 5 months.

My latest results are below. Please share your comments.

Age:30

before: Latest results before Entecavir treatment
now: 5 months after Entecavir treatment

qHBSAG (before): No baseline number
qHBSAG: (now): >52000 IU/ml

HBSAG (before): 438 (no unit)
HBSAG (now): 712 (no unit)

HBV DNA (before): 557 000 000 IU/ml
HBV DNA (now): 26 000 IU/ml

ALT (before): 90
ALT (now): 347

HBEAG (before): pozitif 912
HBEAG (after): negative 0.06

ANTI-HBE (before): negative
ANTI-HBE (after): negative

BIOPSY RESULT: F3 - HAI 11
FIBROSCAN: 6.6kPa

It seems that my qHBSAG is really high. I do not have the exact number, it writes ">52000". This is first time to do qHBSAG test and I do not know what the number means about the illness.

I need your valuable comments both about qHBSAG and the overall.

Thank you.

Tags: hepatit b, qHBsAg, hbsag, entecavir
it is very high as for all hbeag postive carriers, it will come down to less than 30.000iu/ml since hbeag has become negative

hbsag>1000iu/ml active infection, increased liver cancer risk, no immune control, despite hbvdna undetectable
Thank you Stef.

1. How many months does it take to come down to less than 30000 IU/ml with Entecavir treatment? And what does it mean if it comes down 30000 IU/ml?

2. It seems I will never be cured with the current treatment options including interferon, right?

3. What about REP9AC? Does it work on me to cure?

1 may take forever since these antivirals have no activity on hbsag but many patients have lowering of hbsag due to improved immune fucntion thanks to lowered hbvdna

entecavir is too weak with very little hbsag clearance, only 5% on hbeag pos baseline, tenofovir has 16%, so you better combo and change it some time

no add on of pegintf has a 90% response with lowering of hbsag to very low levels with probable clearance in the following years (peg response lasts 5-10years onc achieved) and 60% of hbsag clearance, so the chances of not clearing on pegintf add on are very very low

we dont have it so to me it is useless to talk about dreams
Make sure that your hbsag was made by chemilumeniscent method and not by ELISA.  
I think the name of the test is "Roche Elecsys HBsAg II Quant (0.05-52,000 IU/ml)". Because my result is above 52000 and it writes on the paper as ">52000 IU/ml".
You have exact number then
6.6 kpa should be f1 not f3
My doctor was planning to try interferon before my biopsy results. After my biopsy results, he started Entecavir.

I asked the doctor for interferon after Entecavir treatment.

He answered that "we will not try interferon on you even after Entecavir treatment".

I asked why.

He told me that "Interferon after Entecavir is useless".

Actually, I do not believe him that interferon is useless after Entecavir. I think my liver is so damaged and he does not want to improve the damage level of the liver. But he does not say like this.

What do you think?
No. it is not exact number. It is above the upper limit of the test range. That means >52000 IU/ml.

It may be 52001 IU/ml or 10000000000 IU/ml, who know..

Yes it is confusing that my biopsy result is F3 and HAI 11, where my Fibroscan result is 6.6.kpa.
change doctor right away, from answers you see he is not updated or not willing to use brain out of guidelines

as regards biopsy/fibroscan: your biopsy picked up a damaged tiny part of your liver while fibroscan made a mean level so it is more reliable, just follow fibroscan results every 6 months and see if it goes less than 5kpa

was your US free of nodules in the report?normal liver?
Ultrasound results were totally normal. I did it 6 months ago.
Why did your ALT go up so much? It's good to see the DNA went down in 5 months. You may just need to give the DNA some time to get to undetectable. Don't expect results over night.
Hello Luckyman316,

"Why did your ALT go up so much?" The common thinking is that I am seroconverting HBEAG and this is why ALT went up.

I do not except results over night. However, I am really worried about the high level of HBSAG quantity.  I hope and pray to not to develop HCC :(