Hepatitis B Community
My bf's dad is a doctor.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My bf's dad is a doctor.

Hi all,
I didn't tell my bf that I have HepB yet. I'm on med now and i think the hepB is under control. But I'm so scared....
The biggest reason that I hesitate is because his father is a physician. And my bf and his father are very close. So I think his father's opinion is very important to him. Do you think that my bf's father would be freaked out about that I have HepB or he would understand that since he knows about this disease well?
Natalie
no...he's a doctor and he of most people should understand the nature and complexity of the disease...if you mustered all the courage you need, i suggest you tell him
Hi Natalie,
I can understand ur situation very well as i am also going through the same situation.But a relasinship cant go too far with secrets tucked in the closet.
I guess u should take you BF in cinfidence and tell him,so atleat he gets vaccinated atleast.It is possible to live fairly good and fulfilling life even being a hepb carrier.Remember if the boy loves u ,he will stick to u no matter wat.Even if he dumps u after this, u will know that he was not the right guy.
Thank you all.
I hope things go well since I like him very much :)
Wish me luck!
-Natalie