Hepatitis B Community
My fibroscan and hep b status

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My fibroscan and hep b status

I recently feel tired and sleepy after each meal and generally tired as well. I found I am a chronic carrier in 2006, probably got it since birth. I just went for a fibroscan. Result is 5.4. Also did some blood test but only got the result next Monday and then see the hepatologist.

Is my fibroscan ok? My liver enzymes are 30 for both ast and alt.

both liver and alt are very ok and very normal

the fatigue is due to immune system activity/failure to clear hbv, did you check hbsag quantity?
Hi Stefano

No, I have not. Bloodwork will be done tomorrow. I forgot to check if they have hbsag quan test. I hope they do. I will check with them tomorrow.
I find the cost for fibroscan here dirt cheap. Only 15 usd. Amazing for a country like Vietnam.

I will post my result once I have it. Thanks!

there was another US member who treated in vietnam and achieved a very low hbsag by antiviral combo+immune modulator, they have a very advanced clinic in the capital and a very expert doctor.if you went in the same place they have everything and all drugs are extremely cheap, peginterferon included, because the country refused US patent and makes all generics because nobody can afford US patents there
The info you gave is very interesting. May I know who the US member is. I would like to exchange some information.

I went to a hematologist/virologist who is considered to be one of the top notch doctors in Hanoi, Vietnam.

As for generic drugs, I agree. They make generic drugs here and they are cheap. A small number of people here of course are more wealthy and prefer original drugs, not generics. I can afford originals but I probably go for generic if they put me on treatment.
Just another question. I feel pain in my right upper belly sometime, not often, for a few weeks now. Should I be concerned? Is it a sign of anything?

no, not concerned at all if fibroscan and ultrasound are ok

try in the search box by "vietnam hbsag" or vietnam hospital hbsag
Thanks Stefano. I wll search for that member.

My ultrasound does not seem ok. They said 'generation of nodules, thinking of developing fibrosis'. That's why I went for fibroscan and the fibroscan is 5.4 as I mentioned above.

they said nodules and their size?or just coarse patern US or other names?

because if there are nodules the damage is severe despite fibroscan 5kpa, in the presence of nodules it is best to keep hbvdna und always, check genotype because C is at very high risk of HCC and according to hbsag choose tdf or tdf+intf
They said nodules of under 0.8mm each and possible pre- condition for fibrosis. I dont know how else to put it as it was in french and vietnamese. I will check for genotype also tomorrow.

I also have pain in my right back just opposite the liver as well. Should I be concerned?
Additional info

2 months ago, my hbv DNA was 10log 3, ast and alt was 25-27, AFP was 0.5ng/ml
Hbeag neg
Hbe ab pos

have them check if nodules can be regressed cirrhosis, pains have no meaning and nothing to worry but get a good doctor and plan therapy, nodules are bad and require a therapy
unless they are due to something else but hbv
Thanks Stefano, for your advice. Will do as advised
I got the result for hep b genotype. The lab said the test cannot be done because my HBV DNA is too low. Is it possible?
Let me rephrase it. The lab cannot detect what genotype it is because my HBV DNA is too low in my blood. Is it possibly so?
Yes, I have heard of this before. They cannot detect, therefore extract dna of the virus to determine the genotype.

if und it cannot be determined but if detactable over 50iu/ml there should be tests with that sensibility, anyway i d get a good doctor and plan as regards
the liver nodules and liver dmage first, the first thing to know is where the nodules are from and do they pose a HCC or cirrhois risk

actually it should be very important to know if genotype is C because it has a very hcc rate, do you know if you can be infected from asian strains?C is common in china/asia, D india and mediterranean, A nothern europe and US
I will get the rest of other results tomorrow (hbsag quan, hbv DNA, hbeag, hbeab, alt, ast, etc.) I will see what the dr has to say and if not satisfactory, I will go and see the lady dr that tambui recommended. She seems good and up to date.

I am a Vietnamese so I guess genotype could be B or C. If my DNA so low, when can I have test for genotype again?

better go to the best lady dr., she probably knows how to manage your hbv best
My test result  Date: 19/06/2011
HBsAg (Elisa)   Sample OD                Cut off OD
                                 2.799                         0.105                                                                                         HBeAg is Negative                                                                                                                                                
SGPT        Result               Reference  Value                                                                                                                                                      
               71 U/L                 Upto 65 U/L                                                                                                                                                                  
Anti-HBc (Total) (+)              Result                         Normal Value
                                                12.80                            Ratio1 is Positive    
  HBV DNA   is Negative

Test Result            Date: 21/01/2012
HbsAg(Elisa)  Sample OD          Cut off OD
                          2.296                 0.105
SGPT    Result                   Reference Value
            33 U/L                   Upto 65 U/L
Sir would you tell me how to recovery from HBsAg+
I am not getting any Lab in Bangladesh where i can get my HbsAg result quantity in iu/ml
Would you tell me what can i do
you can ship blood samples to test to indian labs, check posts in the community of indian labs
Hello Anmocchau,

I am from HB chronic from Hanoi,  Vietnam. I would be interested if we can share contact and exchange your treatment experience