My girlfriend
I have just started a relationship with my girlfriend, but not serious yet. I am happy that she is open and honest but I need some serious advice.

She opened up and told me she had hepatitis in the late 1999's, though she said there was some possible damage to her liver. She talked about her skin being yellow and other complications for a period of time.
If she had Hipatitis A or Hipatitis B, but was treated with medication over a period of time, does that mean she is cured completely?
We will be taking the STD's blood tests when we decide to become serious in this relationship (Hip C, ect...). But can Hip A or Hip B still transfer to me if she is just on the pill?  Even though it as been over 10 years.
Thank you for any information. (Hope I am not being too forward)
Just want to be careful
Cheers

Bujama

only about 11% clear the rest achieve inactive carrier state, just take vaccine and check hbsab to get higher than 10miu/ml so you dont have to worry

also tell to your girlfriend to check if hbsag is still pos, if it is neg she cleared hbv

But can Hip A or Hip B still transfer to me if she is just on the pill?  Even though it as been over 10 years.
if hbsag is positive she has the virus and can infect.
dont know if hcv can infect after hcvrna is und, there is no vaccine available for hcv
hep A is never a problem, it never gets cronic, a vaccine is available anyway

if her HCV RNA is under detectable level then she is not infectious, meanwhile if she does have hepatitis c , hepatitis c has a cure and can be treated, she can ask for it , for information visit hepatitis c forum