Hepatitis B Community
My partner is tested HBsAg negative while I am hbeag negative and hbeab...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My partner is tested HBsAg negative while I am hbeag negative and hbeab positive.

My partner is HBsAg- despite my being HBeAg- and HBeAb+ and we have been active sexually for about 7 months now. What could have been responsible for that? Can intimacy continue and this means there is a guarantee that she will not get infected at least from me?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, like I mentioned as the antigens are negative you are unlikely to be infective, so she may not get the infection. Chronic hepatitis B is a spectrum of disease usually characterized by the presence of detectable hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the blood or serum for longer than six months. If both the antigens HBsAg and HBeAg are not reactive you do have the infection now. Regards.