Hepatitis B Community
NEED HELP

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

NEED HELP

Were you on any medication for the last 1 year? Do you had hep b from childhood? What is your ALT AND AST AND hbsag quantitative

I am in the similar situation.  Before July 20 2011 I newer knew I had Hep B.  I am chronic because HB IGM is negative but my doctor wants to believe it is acute since it is behaving like that. all other HBV parameters are like yours eg
HBE AG non reactive,
HB E AB reactive,
HB core AB Total  reactive,
HEPATITIS B SURFACE AB,QL    NON-REACTIVE  and it says <5 i don't know what that mean?

on July 26th
My Alt was  around 800
and  Ast was around 500
and Viral load was around 34 millon iu/ml

on Sep 1st
My Alt was 40
and Ast was 35
and viral load is 76454 iu/ml

I am worried since my ALT and AST has came back to normal level, will my immune system will be able to fight that remaining 76454 iu/ml.

What are my chance of clearing?
Since I am in US I cannot have hbsag quantitative test

I am really scared, and I have been crying since I came to know.

God please help all of us.

my god, tell your doctor to change job or go back to study for the patient's sake.if he was in italy a sue for wrong diagnosis can be very very heavy...should be the same in US

at about 18yo i had about 6 months of alt 1000-1500 and then made hbeab and alt got to normal/hbvdna und
when hbvdna used to get over 100000 my alt flares as always been in the 700-1000 range, only a stupid ingnorant baby can think alt numbers can have a meaning as acute

these are just hbv mutants that escape immune response and immune system reacting...this is bad because this active immune system usually makes more liver damage

i really have no idea how US doctors can make correct choices nowadays without hbsag quant and fibroscan, both tests are getting available even in rural hospitals here

anyway a high alt means a good immune response so interferon+alinia+simvastatin+vitamin d3 would be a good choice to see if hbv can be eradicated

as to hbsag just send blood samples to labs in asia, europe, india, china, southafrica...just check online where they accept and cheaper.this test is a must have anyway otherwise we dont know what therapy is doing
My ALT has came back to normal level in Sep 1st, 2011
result were as follows

on July 26th 2011
My Alt was  around 800
and  Ast was around 500

on Sept 1 2011
ALT = 40
AST = 35
VIRAL LOAD 74654 ui/ml

Within month my viral load came down from 34 millon iu/ml to 74654 iu/ml.

Do you think will my viral load 74654ui/ml will come down naturally through immune system?

Do you think is this immune clearence phase? FYI I had done regular blood test in Nov, 2010 and my ALT was 20 and AST 25. At that time I did not knew about HBV. I came to know about this only on July 2011. Based on that fact, do you think it is immune clearence phase? And what are my chance of becoming HBSAG negative. Please help I am really scared and have been crying since July.  I will talk to my doctor during my appointment on 10/06 to sent the blood sample to India, but for now do you think I should be on medication or wait for next blood test.

You are doing the noble job. I have been crying all this time and having bad dreams about this. My ultra sound is normal test done on July 2011.

viral load says nothing about immune system response, it is just a marker of response for antivirals.only hbsag quant iniu/ml can tell if you are clearing infection
having a decrease from 34millions to 74K doesnt always mean you have improved, all tests are needed and all must be monitored with time, this can tell where you are going...in any case any decrease of hbsag to less than 1500iu/ml means achieveing immune control

Do you think is this immune clearence phase?
again only hbsag quant can tell, hbvdna and alt alone are meaningless, you need all tests with hbsag quant