Hepatitis B Community
Natural Immune to Hepatitis B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Natural Immune to Hepatitis B

Hi, I am concerned abouut my hepatitis b blood test results. recently, I went to my GP's office to take the hepatitis B surface antigen and surface antibody blood test. Results show that the surface antigen is not detected but it shows that it is positive to the hepatitis surface antibody.(200 IU/l). My doctor told me that i had the protective immunity to the hepatitis b virus and i do not require the doses of vaccine. However,neither did i take the vaccine at birth before nor had the virus before. Why would i develop a natural immune to it? Is thare any connection between our immune system and the protective immunity toward the virus?
thank you!
With regards,
Denise
Singapore
I am not a doctor but my opinion is that you may have had the antigen at some time in the past and your body cleared the virus on its own.  It is possible for this to happen without you knowing about it.  It happened to me.
It seems a good news for you in a sense that you have a immunity to Hepatitis B. I have just been detected Hep B+. I have yet to discuss my results with my GP