Aa
A
A
Close
Natural Immune to Hepatitis B
Hi, I am concerned abouut my hepatitis b blood test results. recently, I went to my GP's office to take the hepatitis B surface antigen and surface antibody blood test. Results show that the surface antigen is not detected but it shows that it is positive to the hepatitis surface antibody.(200 IU/l). My doctor told me that i had the protective immunity to the hepatitis b virus and i do not require the doses of vaccine. However,neither did i take the vaccine at birth before nor had the virus before. Why would i develop a natural immune to it? Is thare any connection between our immune system and the protective immunity toward the virus?
thank you!
With regards,
Denise
Singapore
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am not a doctor but my opinion is that you may have had the antigen at some time in the past and your body cleared the virus on its own.  It is possible for this to happen without you knowing about it.  It happened to me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
It seems a good news for you in a sense that you have a immunity to Hepatitis B. I have just been detected Hep B+. I have yet to discuss my results with my GP
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
Top Hepatitis Answerers
Blank