Hepatitis B Community
Need a Suggestion

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Need a Suggestion

Hi ,

I'm infected with Hepatitis-B , I'm going to marry in next six months , My question is does she infected with this virus even though she was Vaccinated against Hepatitis-B, when i participated in sex with her . Please let me know.
You have to check the level of her HBsAb, if it is above 10 iu/L, then she is considered to be protected. If her level is below 10 iu/L, get a booster shot of vaccine, then test again.
thanks to your response , hope you have read my question . At present i was unmarried, if i got married with the girl who had vaccinated, does the virus transmitted to her . Looking forward to your response.
Ok, I will expand my answer. Please read carefully.

The purpose of  getting vaccination against Hepatitis B is to gain a sufficient level of antibodies, HBsAb. Because not everyone responds to the vaccine, the doctors recommend to do a blood test after vaccination, to measure the titer (level) of HBsAb, if it is above 10 iu/l, then the vaccination is successful, if not, the person needs to have a booster vaccine injection and test again.

If vaccination is successful, that is, a level of  HBsAb > 10 iu/l, then the person is protected. That is she/he can have sex and will not be infected. The virus may still be transmitted but the immune system will protect the person from becoming infected through the HBsab.