Hepatitis B Community
Need advice

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Need advice

I found out I have HBV in Malasyia (randam blood test) more than 15 years ago and try some "crazy" herb and went back to do the test again and doctor told me I am fine and I am not contagious anymore, I don't know any better and believe it totally.....I had told my husband when I was diagnosis with HBV and wonder if he gave to me and he told me he has the shot in millitary.

move to USA, 5 years later when I as pregnant, was told again I have HBV and needs to be look at. came to found out husband never had the shot but he is HBV free.  thank god! baby is fine too.

Anyway, started look at this in 2008 and here is my reading:

Test 6/2008  
HBsAg  --> reactive
HBsAB --> non-reactive
HB core AB total --> reactive
HBeAG --> non-reactive
DNA  --> not detected
AST --> 16
ALT --> 19

Test 10/2009
HBsAg  --> reactive
HBeAG --> non-reactive
virus DNA  --> 5320 H IU/mL   11200 H copies/mL
AST --> 11
ALT --> 6

Test 12/2010
HBsAg  --> reactive
HBeAG --> non-reactive
virus DNA  --> 824 H IU/mL   4800 H copies/mL
AST --> 14
ALT --> 13

visit a doctor in 2009 and he wants me to do liver biopsy and I refuse and now I have to go back again.  doctor told me there is no cure but I need to clear this. What can I do now?  what if he is asking me to do Liver biopsy again?  am I a candidate for nitazoxanide without doctor order?  if so, where can I get it in US? Thanks in advance for your help
you are probably an inactive carrier and need no treatment and monitor only but to be 100% sure there are two tests needed to confirm this:

hbsag quantitative by abbott architect, unit result iu/ml, check the board there is a post about how to find labs for this in US since this test is not used and very difficult to find

biopsy or fibroscan (non invasive), again problems with fibroscan not easily available in US

doctor told me there is no cure but I need to clear this
not the right expert doctor, clearing hbsag is difficult but not impossible at all, especially in inactive carriers with low hbsag.you have also a 11% chance of clear naturally if hbsag is less than 500iu/ml

is asking me to do Liver biopsy again?
if you really dont want it tell him to find a center in us for a fibroscan or to call you when he will buy one

am I a candidate for nitazoxanide without doctor order?
yes since ntz has no sides, no resistance, cheap.but you do need a doctor to monitor your general health and improvment with hbv tests.a member found a doctor in florida who prescribed her tnf+ntz combo, if you are there and chec the board for this you will find her and might ask which doctor
the other way is buying online from a very reliable and verified canadian pharmacy

if so, where can I get it in US?
with prescription every where but look for lupin distributors since generic is very cheap while brand alinia is something like 1500usd per month, too expensive

if you start ntz let us know about results in the board, check also other posts about alinia (nitazoxanide), doses (1g dailly doesn t work), ties to take it and with food

tests to see if ntz works hbsag quantification in iu/ml since when hbvdna becomes undetactable there is no other way to monitor.
if you don t find it you might relay on hbvdna decrease and check hbsag/hbsab once a year

since you hbvdna is already low do not combo with tnf or etv you are not usefull for you
Thanks so much for your info!  I really have no faith for the doctor here, he told me the only way to get rid of it is for the dna to escalate to very high so the body will start fighting to produce antibody, since mine is either undectect or low, there is no chance to clear, true?  Wonder why the virus dna go up and down like this.  what does it mean?

I did try to find alinia on http://www.lupinpharmaceuticals.com but can't find it. Any other site you know of?

I will be visiting Malaysia in 6 months and hopefully I can do the HBsAG quantitative test there.  this has been haunting me so I really like to do something instead of sitting here waiting.....

I am in Chicago, Illinois, wonder anyone knows a good doctor to go to?
Forgot to mention I did some more "crazy" herb again in mid 2010 when i was in Malaysia, wonder if that is the reason my dna goes down???  this is an ancient prescription by an farmer who successfully cure some HBV patient, a friend of mine whose wife have acute HBV and doctor said she is going to die and she try this and she is now live healthly.  one of the ingredient is goat milk.  I am not totally convince though.
there is no chance to clear, true?

this is an old view from a decade ago, those with hbvdna und have a higher immune response and a higher chance of hbsag eradication.hbvdna is a poor test, hbsag quantity in iu/ml can tell us where you stand

what does it mean?
it is perfectly normal on cronic (chronic) hbv.the main reson of this is that when you achive an immune response and make hbvdna undetactable the virus mutates to escape immune response.soemtimes it doesn t so a person can stay inactive for years or all life and other times it makes mutations in a couple of years.
we know now that the best moment to start treatent is: hbvdna und, alt better if high, hbsag lower or equal to 1500iu/ml.this means you have an active immune response and virus has not mutated yet to escape t and this is the best moment to make immune modulatory treatment.researchers and very expert doctors know this, most of the doctors don t since they don t even have hbsag quantification test available

Any other site you know of?
there are many sites but the best is that you write an email to lupin to locate a lupin distributor in your country.
online we are taking it from sources found by hcv community and i also made a check on purity from the pills i take from progressiverx to be sure it was the best nitazoxanide available and not fake.
these are links from hcv community where they located many distributors and generics names of nitazoxanide in many countries
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Alinia-Nitazoxanide-Sources/show/1124364
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Good-source-for-Alinia/show/1208571
I am in Chicago, Illinois, wonder anyone knows a good doctor to go to

make a post directly for this matter and also contact stevenny he is the most expert about doctors in US, a very good liver specialist is a must, many of us had experiences with ignorant docotrs on hbv
wonder if that is the reason my dna goes down???  

difficult to say because it goes up and down naturally, if it stayed und after you discontinued the herb thats not tthe reason.the only herb with reliable trials is phyllanthus amarus and urinaria but the effect is very weak 3logs hbvdna decrease in 48weeks but urinaria has a good effect on hbe positive many could make hbsag negative
an hbsag quantification might say if the herb is really working since hbsag flactuates very very slowly by years and even drugs move it very slow like 0,5log per year (except ntz it made faster decreaes), by this test you might tell what works and what doesn t

have acute HBV
that's just fraud, acute hbv is benign and clears in 98% cases on adults.the way of hbv transmission is at birth in that case it is the opposite 98% gets cronic (chronic)