Hepatitis B Community
Need expert advice about my HepB condition
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need expert advice about my HepB condition

About 2 years ago came to know that i have chronic hepb  possibly from birth as father had it too.
Had been doing all test every six months since then.

My results
----------------
Liver biopsy done 2 years ago ( Grade 1 , stage 0)
genotype = D
HBV DNA    < 20 IU/ml   ( getting this result for last 18 months  ( tests done every 6 months))
HBsAG quantitative = 848 IU/ml
ALT = fluctuates between 30 and 40 ...was 35 as per last weeks result.

Have no symptoms of any sort ( Though i know Hepb doesnt show any symptom as such)

Have not taken any medication till date for HepB.  My doctor says its inactive , ..His reading is that My system is slowly clearing it..so just keep watching every 6 months , do not take any medication.

Need your advice , should i just keep waiting for better drugs to come in market . or pursue it actively by takign interferon as HBsAG value is < 1000  so that it eradicates. I do understand that interferon has its heavy side effects.

thanks

3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
As per current clinical guidelines you do not need any treatment. Interferon works at best when you have alt elevated, that is not.
I would wait a few years to see if new drugs come out to the market.
Blank
It is tempting to try Interferon to lower your HBsAg level further with the hope that it will induce your immune system to clear the virus. However, we are not aware of any clinical trials with Interferon with patients in inactive(natural, not drug induced) state. A difficult one to call.

Just my opinion.
Blank
Can you advice about my condition?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity