Hepatitis B Community
No more viral load

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

No more viral load

I had chronic HCV & co-infected with a low viral load of HBV, after treatment with interferon and ribaviron 4 years ago I remain undectable for both HCV & HBV is it still necessary to be tested for the virus, or will liver function tests be ok at this time,many thanks for a reply.
I think you had inactive HepB to begin with.  The interferon is working against HBV as well.  So your inactive stage of the disease probably won't change for some time.  Once off interferon, you should continue to monitor your HBV for disease reactivation.  All inactive carriers shoudl do that.