Normal ALT/AST does not mean no liver damage?
Can someone explain why the chronic Hepa B patient has a normal ALT/AST, but the liver damage still progress ...? Thank you.

because you have to use fibroscan for liver damage, nothing else, all blood tests cannot show liver damage
I am trying to understand the theory behind how the liver is damaged with consistent normal ALT/AST. My assumption is if the liver cell is damaged, the ALT/AST will become abnormal .....
no it doesn t work like that there are types of toxic damage with no effect on alt or effect on alt when damage is already done, alt is also a type of test with so many sensibility limitations on liver damage, plus the vary all the time so how can you catch it if the flare is when you are not doing the test
Ok, it makes sense now. Thank you.