Hepatitis B Community
Normal vit D levels are associated with hbsag seroclearance.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
i think you have reached upper range of normal. i think keeping that there is better.
but if you want to experiment, you may increase vit d further and see decline and if constant decline occurs, you may keep increasing vit d. then on some point of time if you think it is not going down further, then u may stop vit d and most probably hbsag will come up to baseline. then u may add interferon for that intended high hbsag. if you responde well to vit d may be you woould clear on vit d itself without interferon.
just a thought, we may discuss involved technicalities with studyforhope or stephen.

i ll think i ll monitor hbsag closely just to be sure not to have 0.5log decline by following months and be out of pegintf prescription

my sister will keep taking tdf and vit d until 165ng/ml and gcmaf so we may see if hbsag keeps the declinign trend, other members like rome may also confirm if these high serum levels of vit d work like this
Why you can not go below 0.5 log?
Why you can not go below 0.5 log?

they dont allow in the peg add on trial those with more than 0.5log of hbsag decline on 3 months lead-in
stef,what could be reason that from 60000 it reached to base value 100000 in just 3 weeks time, is it some amount of immune system response as lymphocyte were in upper range at the time of hbsag decrease, is there any chances that in some point of time it can come down to thousand ranges.any comment. cant switch ,i have to be on baraclude.
HbsAg = 100000 iu/ml can not exist this test is wrong.
It can be as high as high250k it is normal on hbe pos, etv is not working or too weak that is the problem.pegintf add on may help, wait another year on etc plus high vit d, maybe try gcmaf and then if no effect add pegintf
but during baraclude load is und means it is working but as far as hbsag is concerned no nucs doesnt work on that. is stopping nuc good in this case?
what about regular 50000 fluctuations in 3-4 weeks interval.
Of course Stef knows better, vut for me your figures look rather strange, i have never met a figurer higher than 20000iu/ml for hbsag. I would retest in a different lab and make sure about the dilution and units.  What is your VL, hbe positive?
Nucs work a lil on hbeag pros to lower Hbsag quantity but tdf works much more than etv, it even has 16% clearance by 3years

Maybe on very high viral loads baseline there s lil on effect on hbs

undo load and e +

immune biotech has made new gcmaf compounds for macrophages activation and they just found vdr activation by cellular membrane is possible by gcmaf+oleic acid+vitamin d

http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/5/7/2577

full text can be downloaded for free

the new molecules have oleic acid attached to gcmaf and are available as liposomal for direct liver delivery, do you think macrophges activation in the liver is better than activation of monocytes in general circulation for hbv infection?

i don t know if cancer applies to our scenario, for example delivering gcmaf inside tumors is useless because macrophages inside tumors cannot be activated (they tried and didn t work on tumor) or have other activity problems, can we have the same type of immune suppression by hbv in the liver so that it is best to activate monocytes in general circulation whichin turn will reach the liver for immune activity as kupffer cells?

or in the end we should just try the liposomal and see if it does any difference?

this research group is getting very very interesting in cancer research, they got front page of oncology immunology this month

https://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/oncoimmunology/2013ONCOIMM0155R.pdf

nagalase tests:
april 2011 baseline 6.7
may 2011 started gcmaf
july  2011 3.3
oct   2011  2.1
july   2012 stopped gcmaf and nagalase tests until july 2013

restarted gcmaf july 2013
august 2 2013 1.31 (norm <0.6)
Hi Stefano!
I would like to try Stabilised Vitamin D from gcmaf but I do not fully understand is it taken in combination with gcmaf and extra vit D? How to monitor if it has any effect?
yes it is gcmaf plus oleic acid and it will attach circulating vitamin d so that t can attach to the vdr receptor

is it taken in combination with gcmaf and extra vit D?

yes good levels of circulating vit d are needed to attach the vdr receptor

How to monitor if it has any effect?

by the nagalase level, when it falls below 0.6 activation of macrophages is the same as healthy persons and maybe this will have an effect on hbv immunity too by lowering hbsag quantity

my guess is:
making vit d very high like 165ng/ml even without gcmaf may increase vdr attachment anyway.
it is obvious that the maxium effect is by having both gcmaf and vit d at levels like if there is no inhibition by virus, so nagalase less than 0.6 (there is no commercial test for gcmaf quantity available so we have to check nagalase which will refelct gcmaf quant) and vit d around 100ng/ml

of course as regards cancer we can be sure we will be free of it by normal nagalase and a gcmaf therapy course  

in human trial with early stages cancer (1 or 2) 100% of the patients in the trial cleared and were free of cancer for 7 years of follow up
by the way if one has normal nagalase it is obvious that gcmaf therapy is useless because we already have our own gcmaf
http://www.biotechpharmacal.com/product-listing/

Where have you found gcmaf on their page?
this article is very interesting, looks like hbv immune evasion starts from macrophages....

Hepatitis B Virus Surface Antigen Selectively
Inhibits TLR2 Ligand -Induced IL-12
Production in Monocytes/Macrophages by
Interfering with JNK Activation

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8E77QizhkLQTkdUbHV3Wm5TR00/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you Stef!
I will try to get nagalase tested as suggested.

http://nagalasebloodtest.com/laboratories-offering-nagalase-testing.html

i just saw that new labs are available in many european countires:

germany
Prof. Dr. med. M. Kramer
Facharzt für Laboratoriumsmedizin Mönchhofstrasse
52 69120 Heidelberg
T: +49 (0) 6221 434 0963
M: +49 (0) 171 956 3808
F: +49 (0) 6221 434 0964
E: m.kramer@praxis-dr-kramer-hd.de

netherlands
Dr. Emar F. Vogelaar
European Laboratory of Nutrients
Regulierenring 9
3981 LA Bunnik
The Netherlands
Phone: +31 30 2871492
Fax: +31 30 2802688
email: ***@****
http://www.healthdiagnostics.nl

spain
CLINICA BIOMEDIC
CALLE HUESCAR 5
GALAXIA BUILDING, 1st LOCAL 11
29007 MÁLAGA
SPAIN.
Tel: +34 952 368 146
Mob: +34 686 336 310
Email: ***@****
http://www.biomedicenter.com/analysis/nagalase-test.html

belgium
R. E. D. Laboratories N.V.
Z.1 Researchpark 100
B-1731 Zellik
Belgium
Phone:00-32-2-481-5324
Email: ***@****
Website: http://www.redlabs.be/red-labs/our-tests/retrovirus-testing.php

russia
Professor Alexander Poletaev
Okruzhnoy Projez, 30-a,
Svetlana
Russia
Phone: +7 925 081 16 48
Email: a-b-***@****
Thanks for the hint.
I have just received reply from gcmaf.eu and they said that it is not needed to take additional gcmaf with Stabilised Vitamin D because it is already there.
Do you have any idea of progress of Mycrludex b trial which is on going in mosco.

No idea...
I think the comments will be in December the earliest when the trial is going to end.

another good article, sum up of vdr receptor and vit d3 effects on immune system

http://www.discoverymedicine.com/Shaoping-Wu/2011/04/18/vitamin-d-vitamin-d-receptor-and-macroautophagy-in-inflammation-and-infection/
I see on the gcmaf.eu site, there are now more products (goleic, edible gcmaf,...). Which one would be the best for us (hepatitis)?

Thanks!
we dont know yet, only few memebers are using it and for little time.having a normal nagalase is of course better for immune system but it is not sure if it can have any impact on hbv clearance

the most potent one is mafx5 by injections, after this a less potent form is stabilized vitamin d taken orally

i think the liposomal type might be the best for us, but they said they dont have it available yet.liposomes go straight inside liver cells so gcmaf would go where nagalase is highest.....these are anyway just guesses because we dont know the level of immune suppression inside the liver and if macrophages are able to activate there

the other gcmaf forms go in general blood circulation so they activate macrophages and monocytes there that might move to the liver later on
forgot to mention the italian labs for nagalase:

Ambulatorio diagnostico Buonarroti  
via Strambi 4-8 Civitavecchia (RM)
http://www.cdbuonarroti.it/index.php

Laboratorio Galileo, via Martiri Salesiani. Caserta.  
tel: 0823 304448;  email:  montero @gmail.com

C.A.M. Centro Analisi Monza,
Viale Elvezia angolo Via Martiri delle Foibe 1, 20900 Monza (MB)
Tel. 039.2397350
Fax. 039.2397.264
www.cam-monza.com  

by the way they have a low price for now at 200€ for the new formulas, they last 10 years at -20° and 2 months at 4°

while the liposomal formula "edible gcmaf" is 600€, i asked for it but they said they dont have a production date yet for it

Thanks a lot, yes, I saw the introductory price!

Maybe I will do the nagalase test to see if I need it. The other thing bothering me about this is the Vit D: they say it is required, but I don't want to supplement high dose D3. Maybe eating more sardines and cofactors will do the trick :). The other things they reccomend (vit C, no wheat, no sugar, root canals removal...) I like a lot.

What did you do to start gcmaf?...Did you consult with one of their doctors?

Also, why do you take so much D3?...on the gcmaf site they say: "GcMAF needs normal levels of vitamin D (40ng/ml+) to fully function." ...so a little over 40 should be enough. And in the study of this topic they consider normal Vit D level > 30ng ...I see you go over 100 ng/ml?...Is it really needed? I wouldn't take so much if there is no need, you never know what harm (maybe) can that do.
my nagalase was 6.7 totally lost macrophages activation and i was immune suppressed similar to a aids patient (flus and candida chronic)

i take so much vit d because it looks like it lowers hbsag when higher than 85-90ng/ml while when i stopped hbsag relapsed

i am monitored by researchers, the most expert internationally, not simple doctors

Is it really needed?

yes because hbv suppress vitamin d pathways to suppress immune system and block vdr and keep machrophages inactivated
the diet of northern world countires have about 15.000iu daily but i dont know the fishes, their source of vit d is only those fishes

check traditional norway diet and vitamin d, also do not worry about vit a content, it was a fraud that vit a is toxic, only synthetic vitamin a is toxic not the natural one

maybe some sun plus fishes you get 100ng/ml levels of vit d but you are not healthy, fish is poisoned of mercury and other metals.....

as a reference farmers under the sun reach naturally 60-140ng/ml of vitd25oh

here is a reference of people living the natural way under the sun and their d levels:
http://www.vitamindwiki.com/VitaminDCharts

refer to this site for vitamin d studies:
http://www.vitamindwiki.com/VitaminDWiki
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2698592/

An Evaluation of the Vitamin D3 Content in Fish: Is the Vitamin D Content Adequate to Satisfy the Dietary Requirement for Vitamin D?

Conclusion
It has been suggested by those who have little knowledge of human nutrition and little expertise in the field of vitamin D that everyone can obtain enough of their vitamin D requirement from their diet and that any unprotected sun exposure should be avoided (5). However, most experts agree that 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 is required if there is no exposure to sunlight (1–3, 6,7). It has been assumed that fish, especially oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and blue fish are excellent sources of vitamin D3. However, our analysis of the vitamin D content in a variety of fish species that were thought to contain an adequate amount of vitamin D did not have an amount of vitamin D that is listed in food charts. There needs to be a reevaluation of the vitamin D content in foods that have been traditionally recommended as good sources of naturally occurring vitamin D.
maybe only concentrated and metal purified fish oil supplements standardized to contain 10.000iu of vitamin d is both healthy and useful
"my nagalase was 6.7 totally lost macrophages activation and i was immune suppressed similar to a aids patient (flus and candida chronic)"...It is you on gcmaf.eu site (an italian patient with 6.7 nagalase regressed cirrhosis)?...Good for you getting better!

"fish is poisoned of mercury and other metals." ...small fish (sardines) contains the least (plus it is a pill less, + you get selenium, fatty acids). Is natural food. But some people prefer pills.

"as a reference farmers under the sun reach naturally 60-140ng/ml of vitd25oh"...Yes, this is the natural way:
"When exposed to sunshine, your skin also synthesizes vitamin D3 sulfate. This form of vitamin D is water soluble, unlike oral vitamin D3 supplements, which is unsulfated. The water-soluble form can travel freely in your bloodstream, whereas the unsulfated form needs LDL (the so-called "bad" cholesterol) as a vehicle of transport. According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff, there's reason to believe that many of the profound benefits of vitamin D are actually due to the vitamin D sulfate. As a result, she suspects that the oral non-sulfated form of vitamin D might not provide all of the same benefits, because it cannot be converted to vitamin D sulfate"

For info, there is also homeopatic gcmaf: http://www.biopure.eu/english/webshop/frequenzmittel/homeo-k/homeo-kmaf-50ml.php .

probably scum and cannot be reliable, gcmaf.eu is the only lab in the world producing for all the human trials and about 40 university research, it is crazy to use other sources of such a compound especially for the fact that is blood extracted

another reliable source is from the university of japan, the ones who discovered gcmaf but they are not using the purified form and at this time i d not consider japan as reliable being fukushima radiation tottally out of control

sun doesn t work to produce vitamin d on people with chronic diseases, i tried already myself, you can get to about 30-40ng/ml, hbv lowers it

and levels less than 80-90ng/ml have little impact on immune system or general diseases prevention such as cancers, flu and all the rest

while on vit d and gcmaf it is also wise to test the active form of vit d, 1.25oh.the active form cannot be used to see deficency but to see if there is a pathogen that hijacked the pathways.

on chronic viral infections:
vitd 25oh low
vit d 1.25 high
nagalase high

and probably many other ways to evade immune system.making 25oh high usually lowers 1.25 especially if nagalase is normal
just checked the link and that s absolutely not gcmaf whatsoever
"probably scum and cannot be reliable, gcmaf.eu is the only lab in the world producing for all the human trials and about 40 university research, it is crazy to use other sources of such a compound especially for the fact that is blood extracted" ...you do have a point there.

"on chronic viral infections:
vitd 25oh low
vit d 1.25 high
nagalase high" ...that is one of the problems (according to mpkb.org) why I don't take D3. In chronic disease, the body converts 25oh in 1.25 resulting in very high 1.25 that starts occuping other receptors (thyroid, test,.. ) without activating them. You take a high dose D3 since long time ago. Do you do all test blood, including thyroid etc and everything is OK?...Thanks!
I think of using benicar as a test (this one directly activates the VDR, according to mpkb.org). These guys were invited to write a chapter in Craig Venter's book (the genius behind the human genome)...they must be at least partiall right about what they are saying. Plus I have some autoimmune symptoms (little hair loss and vitiligo).

Also, it seems Boron increases D3:
"In a recent study, 90% of Vitamin D deficient patients who took a 6mg boron supplement experienced a 24% increase in Vitamin D-3 serum levels in 60-days."

Also, iodine+b2+b3 seems to decrease D3 (in chronic diseased patients). I always wondered why I get cold/flu like symptoms when I take high dose of iodine. Maybe it is related to vit D, I will take it with D next time to see the result: http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-21/IOD_21.htm
"sun doesn t work to produce vitamin d on people with chronic diseases, i tried already myself, you can get to about 30-40ng/ml, hbv lowers it" ...Why would hbv lower vit D produced by the sun, but not the one in a pill?...doesn't make sense to me. do you know why?
everything is ok with blood tests and d3 plus which had also boron, k1, k2 and magensium looks making much higher d than normal d3 supplements

the chronic infections, not only hbv but aso autism, MS, CFS, hcv and all others lower vitamin d whatever the source, be it sun or supplements, so the dose needed is super high compared to healthy people.in my case i could do nothing by 4000-5000iu daily plus hours of sun, just reached 30-40ng/ml.only a dose of 10.000iu daily made it to 50-60ng/ml while 20.000iu made it 100ng/ml

here are some charts but sick people may need even more
OK, I understand now. Thanks for explaining!
"the chronic infections, not only hbv but aso autism, MS, CFS, hcv and all others lower vitamin d..."  
Actually, they don't lower vitamin D directly. What i understood is: the body (seeing a lot of pathogens inside it) converts all vit D in 1.25d in order to activate the VDR (that releases antimicrobial/antiviral). That is why vit D gets low. In cases like this, taking a lot of D3 will make 1.25D levels go very high and because this high concentration of 1.25d in the blood it is possible that other receptor (thyroid, estrogen..) will be blocked by 1.25d (leading to other health problems). This is MP theory, I am not saying is what happens in reality. Their solution is to take benicar (which activates the VDR) so no need for very high dose D3.

Just curios: Did you ever tried high dose iodine?...I always react badly to it (flu/cold symptoms) and I just found out recently it lowers D3 (in chronic diseased people)
it just doesn t work like that, the more vitd25oh will make more gcmaf reach the vdr and balance things even if nagalase is blocking vdr

the more vitd25oh the less 1.25oh....the pathways are unknown for now but it works that way in vivo on patients
my guess is easy, as said more vitd25oh will make more gcmaf+vit  d reach vdr, the more vdr activated the less required 1.25oh from the body

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Immune%20system%20improvement%20by%20vitamin%20D%20is%20boosted%20by%20resveratrol%20and%20blueberries%20%E2%80%93%20Sept%202013

this is in vitro so only our experience may show this in vivo but since all this is healthy it does make sense to change our diet to have these foods or natural supplements in

Immune system improvement by vitamin D is boosted by resveratrol and blueberries – Sept 2013
Synergistic induction of human cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide gene expression by vitamin D and stilbenoids
Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, Vol. 57 Issue 9
Chunxiao Guo 1,2,†,
Brian Sinnott 1,2,†,
Brenda Niu 4,
Malcolm B. Lowry 1,3,
Mary L. Fantacone 1,2,
Adrian F. Gombart 1,2, adrian.***@****
1 Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
2 Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
3 Department of Microbiology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
4 School of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, USA
† These authors contributed equally to this work.

Scope: The cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide (CAMP) gene is induced by 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1α,25(OH)2D3), lithocholic acid, curcumin, nicotinamide, and butyrate. Discovering additional small molecules that regulate its expression will identify new molecular mechanisms involved in CAMP regulation and increase understanding of how diet and nutrition can improve immune function.

Methods and results: We discovered that two stilbenoids, resveratrol and pterostilbene, induced CAMP promoter-luciferase expression. Synergistic activation was observed when either stilbenoid was combined with 1α,25(OH)2D3. Both stilbenoids increased CAMP mRNA and protein levels in the monocyte cell line U937 and synergy was observed in both U937 and the keratinocyte cell line, HaCaT. Inhibition of resveratrol targets sirtuin-1, cyclic AMP production and the c-Jun N-terminal, phosphoinositide 3 and AMP-activated kinases did not block induction of CAMP by resveratrol or synergy with 1α,25(OH)2D3. Nevertheless, inhibition of the extracellular signal regulated 1/2 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases, increased CAMP gene expression in combination with 1α,25(OH)2D3 suggesting that inhibition of these kinases by resveratrol may explain, in part, its synergy with vitamin D.

Conclusion: Our findings demonstrate for the first time that stilbenoid compounds may have the potential to boost the innate immune response by increasing CAMP gene expression, particularly in combination with 1α,25(OH)2D3.
Hi Stef,

I eat about 250 grams of fresh blueberry a day and three pills with bueberry extract,
Also I take 30 mg of resvertanol from heptech daily
And vit D3 5000iu (was 10000iu for 3months in summer)

No effect yet....
taking less than 10.000 iu/day is dumb.

just be sure to supplement k2m7.  take minimum of 100mcg of vit k2m7 for every 10.000iu vit d.  this is absolutely necessary

stef might be the only knowledgeable guy who is here everyday, and he is giving you guys tremendous advice on vit d, and you are all ignoring it.  vit d has shown tremendous research results, and it's cheap as dirt.

more of you should be taking 20.000iu/day.  get your vit d levels up to 100ng/ml.
is vitd25oh around 100ng/ml now?

what me and my sister noticed is hbsag decline while vitd25oh was around 80-90ng/ml while relapse or stable at 50-60ng/ml
in any way we target 165ng/ml while on gcmaf now we want to see clear if there is cotinuous and clear decline on these high levels kept stable

it is only me on blueberries and reservatrol, my sister is not
yes actually me, my sister took 5000 or 10000 for years now but to get to 100ng/ml and more at least 20.000iu daily are needed and both cofactors and no diaries in diet are needed to stay safe aiming at 100-165ng/ml

by the way eating no milk products we are feeling much much better, we take this instead of milk:
http://www.thebridgesrl.com/prodotti/bevande/avena/bio-avena-drink-natural/?lang=en

note its PH around 7, which is a very good thing too, added to coffee it is perfect because it needs no sugar to make coffee sweet
Vitd25oh is 75, when it was 60 hbsag were down and it went up together with vitd growing up, so I do not see any correlation. My creatine also was at the upper limit with 10000iu od D3 daily so I decided to get d3 down to 5000iu to see if 25oh will hold. Studyforhope by the way recommended to stay at around 70 with 25oh....

This oat drink that you take, have you tried to make yogurt with it?
no i think that yogurt needs milk

since i am on gcmaf and this high vit d i dont have any health issue at all so i was not thinking about yogurt

as to gcmaf a researcher just confirmed me that liposomal gcmaf, when available, would be the best form for hbv or liver cancer.as an alternative goleic oral drops was indicated as better than stabilized vitamin d or mafx5 injections
try the d3 plus form from biotech and the no milk, cheese, yogurt, bananas diet.
they indicate 3caps a day which is 15.000iu in this formula with the cofactors k1,k2, zinc

i also had serum calcium increase to 10.3 (max norm 10.5) at 87ng/ml while using other forms of d3 and now i am 9.2 calcium and also creatinine lowered from 0.97 to 0.83
I think You can make yogurt from anything you just need right bacteria, I was doing yogurt from soja milk myself why you can not make it from oak juice...?

I do take three caps of biotech d3,  but it is 5000iu read the label carefully. So maybe your creatine and calcium wend down because you have actually decreased the dose?

Is gcmaf useless unless you have 25oh at 165ng/ml?
Can you please share the 'no banana' diet.....why? Thanks.
I do take three caps of biotech d3,  but it is 5000iu read the label carefully

i mean they indicate as dosage 3 caps per day, every cap is 5000iu so it makes a total of 15.000iu.so my guess is that they know cofactors allow higher dose safely

i can t make yogurt now anyway, i am too busy, as long as the hbsag keeps with this decline i am ok and hopefully will add pegintf when 1500iu/ml

no gcmaf just needs normal levels of vitd25oh like >40ng/ml but the more vitd25oh the more response.this was true with the normal gcmaf, these new types might have gcmaf incorporated already with all nutrients needed to attach to vdr, so you can go on with the normal vitamin levels within 100ng/ml range
Stef,
it is says serving size = 3 capsules, then it says amount per serving = 5000iU

it means that there are 5000iU in 3 caps.

see the back label.

If you want 15000iU you need 9 caps a day = 3 servings.

As for making the yogurt it does not take more time than shopping for it you put it into the yogurt maker and press the button, it 1 min max. And you get a real product without any preservatives and with alive bacteria. All you need is a stock of organic soya milk.

damn you are right so one cap is only 1667iu and i am taking just 6668-8335iu per day

so my vitd25oh is increasing due to the cofactors or due to gcmaf which increases vit d too being the blood transporter of it but usually gcmaf increases about 10-15ng/ml not much more

i ll have to retest vitd25oh in a few days to be sure it is still going up bejond 100ng/ml and have my sister tested too

how do you find your levels since you are not on gcmaf?is d3 plus increasing vitd25oh compared to the other formulas?

I have been taking 5000iu. since 1 st of september before it was 10000, next blood test will be in a week, I will let you know.
It does suggest on the fact sheet to take 3 capsules per daily.
Biotech has a 50000iu caps. Some people take it and feel fine. I take 25000 units daily and feel ok.
On the side note folks. As we all can see heaving a healthy immune system is key to control or clear hbv.

Macrophage activation equals a good thing. NUCs actually cause macrophage toxicity. Which begs a question why prescribe them?

What Stefan here shares is great information. It works. But Bigpharma knows this too. How hbv works and how to knock it out. But instead they steer this research sideways in the wrong direction. To continue treat people life long rather then cure them. Cure for hbv is immune system.
http://gcmaf.timsmithmd.com/book/book/4/all/

Good read on gcmaf
googling "vdr receptor liver" there are many many studies about vdr receptor which is expressed very very much in the liver and fibrosis, some studies proposed vdr receptor agonists as treatment for liver fibrosis

by the way "stabilized vitamin d" can be used as IM too but low dose due to its potency, i tried it already 0.1ml and no sides
Did you test 25oh recently with 5000 iu dosage? I wonder the dynamics... I got a sore throat so had to postpone blood tests for a while.
Did you test 25oh recently with 5000 iu dosage?

yes results available soon

i also saw this news:
http://www.gcmaf.eu/terminal-stage-4-recovery-in-the-press/

the letter published:
http://www.gcmaf.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/GuernseyPressJo.pdf

i always thought cysts are no trouble at all although they may become tumors while it may be not so rare.....i had a big cyst 14mm appeared on US in 2011 and stable until 2013, then i restarted the new type of gcmaf (mafx5) which is even more pure than the previous and last US on sept the cyst is 8.5mm

all this makes me wonder:
it is best not to have any cyst in the liver indeed

it is best to have fully normal nagalase less than 0.6 since we are at increased risk of liver cancer

probably the improved immune control in the liver is clearing the cyst now, maybe due to gcmaf but in any case whatever did it what matters is the cyst is clearing
sorry for the confused english but i m rechecking all US in a rush to see when it appeared, i wonder if there is any data on liver cyst becoming tumors on cirrhotic or ex cirrhotic livers....
thanks for the info!

I am going to check my Nagalase level probably in two weeks after my sore throat has been gone to have a reliable test.

also flu viruses produce nagalase so if you make the test rightafter a flu the test might show increased values not due to hbv infection or other chronic infections or small tumors not detectable yet by other means, i suggest wait a few weeks after the flu is gone
feedback about "stabilized vitamin d" supplement subcutaneous injection (gcmaf plus nutrients to attach to vdr directly), started with 1ml one day and 1.6ml the following day:
i notice similar increased inflammation as when i did imiquimod, had a mild lip herpes, it is very similar but milder and no fever
Do you think that this inflammation implies on immune activation? I do not understand with the herpes, I always thought that it would come out when immune system is down...

studyforhope said that it comes with increased inflammation when i had it on imiquimod due to endogenous intf production or i guess when immune system is concentrated on other targets

Do you think that this inflammation implies on immune activation?

inflammation implies an immune activation for sure but only results on hbsag quant will tell if it was successful or directed to hbv
i also had a bad skin rush on arms and legs with terrible itch since 3-4 weeks and resolving today, it started with mafx5.it was not severe and looked like this on legs, arms and body were very little red dots with no itch

the rush looked like this and itch was bad on legs and arms:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8E77QizhkLQYWpGVlRZOTFiYnc/edit?usp=sharing
Do you take both stabilized vit d and max5?
no no it would be useless, i used old type gcmaf from end of june to end of july, mafx5 from august till one week ago and now i m trying "stabilised vit d gcmaf"

bad thing is that after oncoimmunology front page and the low cost offer they are complitely out of stock so i dont think we will see edible gcmaf (the liposomal) soon

test results ready and me there is 99,9% correlaton between hbsag and vitd25oh, at least for me.
vitd25oh dropped very much since i was taking 8000iu daily instead of 20.000iu as thought due to the bad d3 plus from biotech content indications, the good thing of all this is we now know 100% about this correlation and i also decided to go for 40.000iu d3 daily because there is really no other way to make it more than 100-165ng/ml and stable

vitd25oh dropped to 70ng/ml
hbsag increased to 3812iu/ml

the 10th of july i had exactly same results:
vitd25oh 72ng/ml
hbsag    3800iu/ml

the other good thing is it looks like decline of hbsag is very fast responding to the increase of vitd25oh>100ng/ml
by the way the decline of hbsag is not paralleled by alt flares, so hbsag may be due to antimicrobials produced by vitamin d and not infected cells killing
Can you put together 25 oh,  d3 intake and hbsag historical data as you did before on a chart maybe?

I will post mine.when I gpt my tests.

I have a feeling that hbsag reacts on a change rather than on a level. I had similar pattern hbsad decreased verry well but afterwards it jumped back to the level even higher than it was. And I did not decrease vit d intake.

The only thing that i need to mention is that I was getting the UV from the sun about 1 hour a day, after a month I got a sun tun the skin became very dark, this could result in decrease of 25 oh production in the skin and this is very serious amount of D3 15 min at the sun = 20000 iu of d3, but with hbv it is probably lower.

Started taking ampouls of mix milkthistle + black radish= 1st july three weeks later jessner and kanof was noticeable on my skin but with no itchiness as experienced every year from 2005 to 2010 - from 2010 to july2013 this condition vanished and discovered Hep b on 12.12.12 the question at this stage which one occured first JKD or Hep B?
The low flare of jessner kanof that started on july lasted until end of August.
September first started taking vitd3 equvalent of 5000ui per day. Two weeks later huge flare nasty one all over my body except face itching like hell.
Please use googl translation.
Physiopathologie
Pénétration dans les parties profondes du derme d'une variété de globules blancs, les lymphocytes T. et essentiellement les lymphocytes T. suppresseurs, cytotoxiques. Les lymphocytes B sont absents. Ce détail a été en évidence grâce au marquage des cellules (immunocytologie).

As suspected in previous post cell B got stronger on 2010 until 2013 by stealing element from cell T that made this latter weak resulting in hep b.
After the first jesner and kanof flare the oposite occurred for both cells B weak and T strong and my August test prove it by lowering HBV DNA from 200 ui/ml to 60 Ui/ml.

This to be confirmed on 10 th october test, which i suspect the HBV dna to be und after the huge flare of jessner and kanof I am experiencing at present all over my body. TBC

What causes JKD essentially remains unknown, but it seems that a dysregulation of the immune system may play a role, probably an intermediate, between the true cause and the manifestation of the disorder. The association with B. burgdorferi infection and the drug GLAT which is an immunomodulator supports this hypothesis.

Soflab exemple: third pic from the left first row:

https://www.google.ca/search?biw=320&bih=444&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ncpPUrH8GoKm9AT4g4CoBg&q=jessner+kanof+disease&oq=je&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.41j0l4.26269.31590.1.40772.6.4.0.2.2.0.2563.4748.3-1j6-2j9-1.4.0....0...1c.1.27.mobile-gws-serp..16.7.2373.fpdc1DUfZkY#

20 apr  2012  7309iu/ml  vitd25oh 72ng/ml (march 2012 test)
21 jun  2012  5210iu/ml  vitd25oh 58ng/ml (july 2012 test)
16 nov  2012  3687iu/ml
10 jan  2013  4207iu/ml
28 feb  2013  3644iu/ml  vitd25oh 67ng/ml
27 mar 2013  4163iu/ml  
22 may2013  3201iu/ml
14 june2013  3360iu/ml  vitd25oh 87ng/ml
10 july 2013  3800iu/ml  vitd25oh 72ng/ml
02 aug 2013                  vitd25oh 87ng/ml
30 aug 2013 2916iu/ml   vitd25oh 103ng/ml
27 sep 2013 3822iu/ml   vitd25oh 71ng/ml
i confirm again that vit d3 does not increase calcium by simply eating no milk, no cheese and no foods with added calcium

update after about a week on 60.000iu daily of d3 both me and my sister,
calcium keeps declining despite such high d3 doses:

me serum calcium 8.6 (range 8.1-10.4)
my sister  calcium 8.5 (range 8.1-10.4)

my sister had also a huge rise in platlets she never had which correlates with liver repair and stemcells:
before gcmaf 184
after   gcmaf  259

she's on gcmaf only 7 weeks, we will have a fibroscan to confirm if fibrosis regressed so fast after 12weeks, baseline fibroscan 8.7kpa, on google i have found many studies which correlates vdr receptor agonists and fibrosis due to any pathology
Good news, there is no calcium increase!

What about creatine in the blood?
it never changed so i didn t check it but they have other tests at the hospital for it too and they would have told me if there were any change

the only thing that changed my creatinine was imiquimod suppository 25mg daily, i tried it for 7 days but sides were not tollerable.it lowered hbsag about 800iu/ml in 1week.
hopefully pegintf will have same effect on me with less sides

sorry i forgot....too many tests, i had creatinine clearance few weeks ago and my kidneys improved since baseline to over normal kidneys, they filter more than everage kidneys:
creatinine clearance from 108 to 144 (rane 90-135)
urine calcium 150 (max range is 300)
serum creatinine also decreasing from usual 0.95 to 0.83, actually almost never had it so low, just one time i had it 0.8 years ago

so the overall picture is improvment on all aspects
Hi everybody,
I had posted my levels two months ago if you remember(with my ultra high vit d level). I had been suggested to give up vit-d supplements by my doctor.After about two months I've rechecked my levels.

Old and new values are as follows as of Aug 2013 - Oct 2013
Vit d3: 162.2 ug/L  - 36 ug/L (=ng/ml) (very steep decline though  in summer)
Blood Calcium: 9.5 - 9.45
Creatinine:  1.1 - 0.85 (to admit this is better)
HbsAG-quantitative : 2308- 2440 iu/ml (6% increase),
AntiHbs: negative- negative ,HbeAG: negative-negative,Anti-Hbe:positive -positive
HBV-DNA: 162.678 copies/ml
AST:20 -25,
ALT:30 - 35
HDL:37 - 35,
LDL:108-100
Triglyceride: 59-146
HBVDNA: 162.518 - (not ready yet)

I will restart using D3 supplement, but this time I will try to take it together with vitamin K2 as my order from biotech has been delivered to me.I had been living kidney discomfort after taking monthly dose of 300.000 iu, will try to take more gradual dose.
   By the way i had guessed steep decline in vitamin d level because my general immunity and energy level has become worse.
By the way i've written HBVDNA results twice in the post above. Former is correct, when i get new HBVDNA results will try to repost
this is the most interesting thread.

I can tell you guys that I have been on 20,000IU-25,000IU about 8 months. Nothing to report but positive how I feel. Chest pains have gone if I get tired. And I feel more energetic.

Question; How do you calculate how much Vitamin K and magnesium to take in proportion to VitD3 dose?
update of tests after 6days on 50.000-60.000iu of d3 daily (of this amount 10.000iu was from biotech d3 plus, so there was 1600mcg of vit k2 and other cofactors), finally i got a good amount of 25ohd3 as i wanted:

09/10/2013
vitd25oh 128ng/ml
serum calcium 8.6 mg/dl (range 8.1-10.4)
ionized calcium 4.9mg/dl (range 4.61-5.17)

looks like i gained about 8ng/ml per day, i will keep this dose until monday and then i will get back on 20.000-30.000iu daily and will keep monitoring both d25oh and calcium weekly

of course i am on no milk, no cheese and no food with added calcium

there was a youtube link with an interview to dr mercola and a research but i dont remember the doses they supposed
there is no toxicity from vit k2 (mk7) so only cost is the real problem.if we look at d3 plus they use 800mcg of k2 for 5000iu of d3
Yeah I bought Biotech D3 plus. And looked at their D3 dose. It seems high though.
d3 dose is low, 1667iu per pill but they have k2 too
Hello Stef,

Have you seen it?

"At last Edible GcMAF exists. It arrives in a bottle and is a 5ml teaspoon taken orally. It is delivered through the intestines straight to the liver, from where it reaches the rest of the body. Edible GcMAF’s price is €600 plus €60 shipping. In the laboratory, it is more effective than standard GcMAF, and it is mainly aimed at cancer."
very very good update which furthur confirms correlation of vitamin d levels and hbsag on me on tdf+vit d 50.000iu daily+stabilized vitamin d

16 nov  2012  3687iu/ml
10 jan  2013  4207iu/ml
27 mar 2013  4163iu/ml  
22 may2013  3201iu/ml
07 oct 2013  1957iu/ml   vitd25oh 128ng/ml

my vit d is still incrising since my target is 165ng/ml which is the max safe level on no dairies diet

my sister is trying the same but without tdf for now so we will now if these results can be applied to others too
yes it is on the website, but the lab havent yet started production of edible gcmaf, 2 weeks ago was not available and no date for production yet
How long should we take Vit. D (vit d 50.000iu daily)?

Thanks.
as long as vitd25oh goes between 100-150ng/ml with no change on serum calcium, ionized calcium and urine calcium, for this it s  best to start the no dairies diet before high dose vit d3
also 2.5liters of water daily are necessary, if calcium increases out of range vitamin d must be stooped for 3-4 day, diet and water should normalize levels fast
Thanks a billion, Stef.

This is very helpful and practical information.
Very impressive results. Do you use also MAFX5 or just the stabilized vit d?
just the stabilized vitamin d which already contains gcmaf bound to oleic acid and vit d to attach to vdr directly, now we just have to see if only supplementing with vit d3 this can be achived or if this is the combo of d3+stabilized vit d+tenofovir

i actually started both stabilized vit d and high dose vit d3 the same day so i cannot tell what was doing the big jump.to note that i started "stab vit d" on the 27th of sept and high dose d3 60.000iu at start the 3rd of october so just 3days on d3 60.000iu per day before the hbsag test
i actually started both stabilized vit d and high dose vit d3 the same day, sorry  mistake i started them on different dates
Do you plan start pegasys therapy if your hbsag goes below 1000 iu/ml?
Dear  steff,
with your result we have got very strong correlation between vit d3 and hbsag,
that both are inversely proportional to each other.
but question is whether it is possible without tenofovir,
is there any buddy have such experience then pls share.

we have to check if result is due to:
stabilized vitamin d
vitamin d 60.000iu making levels beyond 100ng/ml
being hbvdna und by tenofovir while using these 2 vit d compounds

my sister have started mafx5 plus 50.000iu daily to reach 150ng/ml without tdf, when mafx5 will be finished she ll be on stab vit d too, so we may have more clues

As analytical scientist i think that cholecalicferol (Vitamin D3) is very much sensitive to light and heat hence stabilized vitamin d3 is more potent than plain Vitamin D3, as it is protected from light and heat during the tablet formulation. hence with less quantity of  stabilized vitamin D3 we can reach more fastly to beyond 100ng/mL level.
the difference is "stab vit d" bounds directly to vdr receptor with no possibility that the virus can interfere and reaching much higher activation of vdr.both nagalase or the virus trying to lower 25ohd3 levels will have no effect

while plain vitamind25oh will get in circulation and will have to bound to our own gcmaf not blocked by nagalase and oleic acid to attach the vdr, of course if we rise d325oh serum levels to very high like 150-165ng/ml more and more vitd can reach our own gcmaf and attach the vdr.in this pathway also the level of nagalase and vdr receptor genotype will impact the final effect
Great result Stef!

Do you have an explanation?
I can only think of the following....

The number of infected cells could not obviously have changed so quickly, so this sharp decrease in hbsag is probably attributed to the inhibition of Surface protein  synthesis in the cells. This synthesis occurs outside of the nucleus from RNA. Probably this abundant quantity of vit d has blocked VDR of nucleus and RNA can not get out. It means that the other viral proteins are not synthesized either so the replication is blocked by jus Vit D and there is no need in tdf?

Hi Stefano,
I plan to give a try for stabilized vit d too, I ordered 2 vials. What is the difference between GoLeic and stabilized vit D?
i have no idea, for sure it has to do with stab vit d, nagalase and vit d3

still worried about possible mistake but it is not possible at all in the labs i use

What is the difference between GoLeic and stabilized vit D?

stabilized vitamin d bounds directly to the vdr receptor, while goleic still needs vitamin d to attach vdr, it is probably designed for severely compromised immune system where you can t use full potency

if you start stab vit d follow instructions on the website, i started low dose 0.1ml and since no sides or effect i went for full dose.just felt some dizziness first weeks for about 1-2hrs
do you have any clues about this sharp decline of hbsag in few days?the only things changed are:
started stab vit d, a compound that binds directly vdr receptor on the 27th of sept and 60.000iu of d3 daily the 4th of october, the 9th of october vitd25oh was 128ng/ml

thank you

16 nov  2012  3687iu/ml
10 jan  2013  4207iu/ml
27 mar 2013  4163iu/ml  
22 may2013  3201iu/ml
07 oct 2013  1957iu/ml  
09 oct 2013                   vitd25oh 128ng/ml
by the way no alt flares, alt stable well below 30

my guess is antimicrobial peptides are doing all the job
Great work Stef....a very nice result. I reckon high Vit D level is of important relevance in all health issues.

Stable alt means immune system does not kill the infected cells...
In this case clearance will be slow by natural hepatocytes turnover if the replication is blocked completely, Lets hope that the dynamic will hold and HbsAg goes  under so that immune system could start working.
FYI

My results (HbsAg in IU/ml, 25-hydroxyvitamin D ng/ml):

26.02.2013.  23064        75
10.04.2013.  20273.       54
23.05.2013.  18658.       84
05.07.2013.  12185.       103
14.08.2013.   23839.       67 !!!!!!
15.10.2013.   20406.       65

(Statusz: HBeAG negative, genotype A, PCR DNA  200-300 IU/ml, 52th pegasys injection, inf monotherapy, I apply many food supplements)

So, unfortunatelly we should apply high dose vitamine D continuously. It seems that HBsAG drop down is only local in my case. But to gain some insight into the real correlation I intend to start stabilized vit D and improve D3 intake.
Since my HbsAG much higher than yours, the correlation can be prooved with a little bit more certainty :)
That is the same as I have noticed hbsag declines after 25-oh sharp increase, but aftewards it rebounces back to where it was. Probably vit d has some effect in the beginning but afterwards all returns back into old balance.
Lets see what Stef result will show.

we have the following facts, from our experience and the MS human trials protocols:

only values higher than 100ng/ml have an effect but to cure MS they use stable 165ng/ml continatively for years without sides effects, we must copy that

if vitamin d is not stable, example ups and downs, it relapses.we have also to consider that we are at 100ngml only while the value must be stable 165ng/ml

it works for all genotypes probably and even if hbvdna is not undetectable

are you on peg now?
are you on peg now?
No I am not
sorry i meant if member Bnd11 is on peg
what is  MS human trials protocols:
multiple sclerosis treatment, which is actually not a trial anymore since it is on many years
Yes, 185mcg dose / week. I have been on it from 11th. Sept. 2012. My initial HbsAg was 34800iu/ml.
so we may guess it boosts pegintf response while it makes relapse when less than 100ng/ml?

stabilized vit d is available in both forms sublingual and IM, i only used the injectable vial form so i dont know if it is possible to inject from the sublingual dropper and if the sublingual form is as potent as the injectable
My hope is that applying 10-20000 iu vitamin D3 daily + stabilized vit D injection two times a week lower my HbsAg to the level of 6000 iu/ml. Probably it could induce some kind of "immune chain reaction" with the applied 185mcg/week pegasys.

Thank you for your information about the two different forms of stabilized vit D. I prefer the injectable one. Tomorrow I will ask gcmaf.eu for sending me this version on Monday next week.
Hi Bnd11,

What was your ALT level during IFN treatment?
My results including ALT values and PCR DNA (HbsAg in IU/ml, 25-hydroxyvitamin D ng/ml, ALT, PCR DNA iu/ml)

Week 0.        34800.      -                 59                      12500
Week 6.        31500.      -                 45.                         120
Week 12.      28300.      -                 46                          
Week 18.      19700.      -                 23
26.02.2013.  23064        75             26  (week 24)
10.04.2013.  20273.       54             49
23.05.2013.  18658.       84             51
05.07.2013.  12185.       103           56                
14.08.2013.   23839.       67 !!!!!!     44
15.10.2013.   20406.       65            43

It seems that Stabilized Vit D is available only in dropper form. GCMAF.eu suggest that I should use MAFX5 if I want injectable version. I stayed at the droper form for the first time.
i had no effect from mafx5 as regards hbsag so best to use stabilized vit d
Thx. It is good to know. I will try it sublingually but, to be honest, I am waiting for the edible one.
Thanks bud.

Looks like your ALT did not flare at all. I guess it's still positive that you got your HBsAg down from baseline.

Is your Viral Load DNA undetectable?
No, my viral load is oscillating between 120-200 ui/ml. This is why I beleive that adding tenofovir (VIREAD)  would be beneficial in my case. Unfortunately, only monotherapy is paid in my country (similarly to many other countries). Since my genotype is A, it was better to try pegasys first.
may i ask what was your hbvdna before starting peg?
i am also genotype a hbsag 11000 iu/ml
sorry i did not see it above, i can see now 12500 week 0.
So your next med will most likely be TDF.

Which country are you from?

Central Europe.

"So your next med will most likely be TDF. "

Yes, but actually I am on a prolonged inf monotherapy. I would like to see the effect of 20000 iu D3/day and stabilized Vit D (double dose) before changing anything in my therapy.

I should accept that - along with others - this is a long lasting project for me.
For genotype A - independently from initial HBsAG values - I personally suggest the following:

- start high dose vit D,
- start TDF at the same time,
- 2-4 weeks after DNA und start inf therapy for a year,
- 4-6 weeks after starting inf, stop TDF

(The only way you can stop TDF is when you add inf.)

If this technique is not working, sequential therapy is the way.

OF COURSE, SPEAK ABOUT IT WITH YOUR DOCTOR!
PLEASE TAKE MY SUGGESTIONS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!

In 2012 I would have liked to start with this strategy. But it was not possible according to the rules in my country. At that time my Hbsag was at the level of 4500 iu/ml. Following many administrative things, when my inf monotherapy started - i don't know why - my HBSAG went up to 34800 iu/ml.
( For most of the HBeAg negative person, without inf or NA therapy, HBsAG fluctuates.)

So it was not a lucky start for inf therapy.

For me - it seems that - sequential therapy is the only way to go momentarily, which is a very long lasting project.

I should note that, however, it is worth to be HbsAg seroconverted before 50 because the chance of HCC will not decreased to near zero if HBsaAg seroconversion occures after you are more than 50 years old.

So, time factor has an importance for hep b positive persons.
Your best aim is to decrease your cumulative chance for HCC from time to time.

i think it is also a must for all hbvers to have their nagalase in check year by year, we have increased liver cancer, lymphomas and some other cancer i dont remember now...it is not a good thing for sure to have elevated nagalase which may open the door to these diseases

until now few members checked it and it ranged from 6.7 to 0.69 with my level the highest when i was on cirrhosis and 0.69 the lowest on a member which had detactable hbsab>10miu/ml (dont remember the number but it was like 20-37miu/ml).it will be interesting to see my nagalase in november, it was 1.3 on august and might be normal range by 3 months
Stefan, your case is wonderful, you are the absolute champion in the "race" of "from high chance to low chance with HCC" :)

I agree with you in all aspects according to nagalase level.
My aim with using stabilized vit D is twofold, of course, a) to increase immune status for preventing other potential connecting bad diseases and, b) lower HBsAg as much as possible.

I hope little bit later I can try edible (liposomal) gcmaf...
Now I am using two liposomal products, namely Vitamin C (1 g / day) and Gluthation (450 mg/ day).

very very important i have found guides for doctors on the protocol of high dose vitamin d safety. if anybody can translate from portuguese to english it d be best although i can understand it because similar to italian

guide for patients on high dose vit d
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8E77QizhkLQMGZXbjlDOE54Z1k/edit?usp=sharing

no calcium diet
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8E77QizhkLQZG9tX1p0b1AtbkE/edit?usp=sharing

monitoring tests example:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8E77QizhkLQWDRSSUVBQ1FuR0U/edit?usp=sharing
these high doses can be very dangerous so for those with no medical training it is an absolute must to follow those guidelines and check all tests weekly until a balance is reached, please if somebody have tools for translation it will be very helpful.google translator messes up with lines
Thank you for sharing these documents. I have never applied more than 10-12000 iu D3 / day, but I have reached the level of 100 ng/ml. Now I use 20000/ day for a week my target aim is 120ng/ml maximally. Interestingly my serum calcium is low when I apply these high doses.

yes it is strange, in the example of tests a patient on this protocol for MS reached 320ng/ml and his calcium got lower than the baseline deficiency at 19ng/ml

My guess is, that the high level of Vid D working on the nuclear VDR in the liver cells changes the expression and transcription level of the hbsag mesenger RNA from the cccDNA.

It is not a reduction in infected cell number and unlikely a change in cccDNA copy number by immune inducement, although we cannot rule that out.

the important question is if this drop can further continue or is it just a new level, possibly stabilized by high doses of Vit D.
Stephan,

Try adding higher doses of intravenous vitamin C
vit C doesn t work on chronic hbv, it is only for acute.also liposomal is better than IV
I have started applying stab. vit. D yesterday (3 drops sublingually, before sleep). No sides at all.
it may sound incredible but if i take less than 60.000iu daily of d3 vitd25oh drops, it is exactly like in the MS protocol, and to make vitd25oh to 165ng/ml it is probable i ll have to take 100.000iu daily!

anyway i lowered dose to 20.000-30.000iu for only 3 days and vitd25oh dropped to 115ng/ml, i ll definitely have to stay on the 60.000iu dose and use the 50.000iu pills for this

Do you check also hbsag with 25 oh so often? Any figures?
correlation with hbsag is already more than clear by now, i just check vitd25oh and calcium because i want to reach 165ng/ml

as regards hbsag i ll be checking monthly just to see if it is a continuous decline
of course more than clear in my case where vitd, stab vitamin d and nagalase are part of the managment....we still need to see from others if these vitd25oh levels on 100-165ng/ml correlate with hbsag without taking gcmaf

we have only one member who reached about 165ng/ml but he had no hbsag baseline and no relapse of hbsag when stopped vit d
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2882221/

dont remember if i posted already, this is one of the MS trial where they used 40.000iu daily in increasing doses...there s still no serious trial to show  where the vitamin d is able to make hypercalcemia, it is probably just a legend to avoid too much damage on drug makers markets due to the prevention of so many diseases
these are trials on chronic diseases where the vit d pathway is severely damaged, of course healthy people can reach d25oh>100ng/ml serum levels by much lower vit d doses
"stab vit d, a compound that binds directly vdr receptor"  ...Why do you say it binds directly vdr?...that would be really great news.
And what exactly is this "stabilized vit d"? ...They  give no detailed explanation on their site...
they are still applying for patent and they wont tell...the difference with normal gcmaf is that normal gcmaf needs to bind oleic acid and vitamin d before it can bind vdr
we can see that viruses change vitamin d pathways and probably block gcmaf by nagalase, by lowering vit d and maybe other ways too
"we can see that viruses change vitamin d pathways and probably block gcmaf by nagalase, by lowering vit d and maybe other ways too"
Why do you say viruses lower vit d?...Theory (according to dr Marshall) is the immune system lowers vit D when it detects high pathogen loads by converting it to 1.25 to ACTIVATE VDR and kill pathogens. Activation of the VDR is most important; not high level vit D. Actually, they say, very high vit D will bring more problems (in chronically diseased people, where very high D3 will be converter to very high 1.25 levels in the body...and the problem is 1.25 replaces thyroid, progesterone and other receptors (leading to hipothyiroidism, hormonal problems, etc)

I read the article you posted earlier this month, looks like a VDR agonist increase GcMAF response tenfold:
"These results demonstrate that the presence of a selective VDR agonist at a concentration that is not sufficient to activate VDR per se increases by an order of magnitude the response to GcMAF" ..Theoretically,one could take a low dose VDR agonist with a 10th of a GcMAF dose and have the same response as a full dose! ...In other words, one would pay for GcMAF 10 times less (plus of course, the price of low dose VDR agonist=cheap) :)
As VDR agonist, they used paricalcitol, but maybe Benicar (used by dr Marshall, the first person connecting disease with VDR) would be a better choice.

"the difference with normal gcmaf is that normal gcmaf needs to bind oleic acid and vitamin d before it can bind vdr" ...that does not make any sense to me, gcmaf binds and activates macrophages, not the VDR. It is the VDR activation (by a VDR agonist) that increases 10x GcMAF ...Maybe the stab vit D contains a VDR agonist and that is why you have good results with it...nomally they should say what is in it in details (quantities, etc)...
"It is the VDR activation (by a VDR agonist) that increases 10x GcMAF" ...and maybe that is why they advised high dose D3 with GcMAF...because high d3->high 1.25->VDR activation->GcMAF response increases ...the whole process can be replaced by taking a VDR agonist, no need to dope up on D3 (which I consider a dangerous and stupid thing to do - but I may be wrong)
sorry i dont have time to read this dr marshal i dont know....and dont care about his theories, i lowered my hbsag more than 50% in 10 days so i dont care about his theories, i just keep the protocol like this and just follow scientists i personally know
plus if you just read the whole post you see that there is direct inverse correlation with d levels, if D goes down hbsag goes up, no reason whatsoever to let d goes down and hbsag increase again
Dr. Marshall is not a medical person. He is a chemical researcher who is using software for simulations. So the proof of concept behind his notion is absolutely not reliable, not verified.
"i lowered my hbsag more than 50% in 10 days" ...good for you! ...really!
I just wanted to understand  the reason why you lowered it...you took high dose D ang gcmaf before and did not lower HBsAG that much,, it is only after starting stab vit D that it happened?...which seems to contain a VDR agonist in it
Did you know why you lowered it so much?

"Dr. Marshall is not a medical person. He is a chemical researcher who is using software for simulations. So the proof of concept behind his notion is absolutely not reliable, not verified." ...medical person or not, he was invited by Craig Venter (the genius behind the human genome) to write a chapter in his book...that means Craig Venter thinks he is right, at least partially. That Craig Venter is one of the smarters men on this planet, he cannot be wrong about it (sure, there is always a possiblity, but very small). That is the main reason I trust his theory, but you do what you want, it is your own body, of course.

What do you guys think about that idea: taking GcMAF with a VDR agonist, did it sound right with that tenfold increase?...at least stef11 must know more about it, he has direct contact with these scientists...this idea was presented by a "medical person", maybe Bnd11 believes this one
we are not interested, please do not go off topic

just vitamin d increase and hbsag response in this thread started because a human study found hbsag is cleared in patients with higher vitamin d in serum

all the blah blah in another new thread please
Hello Dreft,
Scientific evidence is a difficult thing. In my opinion GCMAF probably has more evidence than Dr. Marshall's notion. I say it based on reading the research  papers about these two different things.

Please look at the following, that is not a positive opinion about Marshall's protocol:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Marshall_Protocol

I don't want to critise you or dr. Marshall's, please don't feel that. My aim with my short message was absolutelly not that.
My hope is that vit D, stabilised vit d, pegylated interferon has a strong synergistic effect on reducing HbsAg level.

Of course, I should note that GCMAF is also an invention which need more scientific evidence :) As a hep b patient I will give a try for this hypothesis similarly to Stef. And in case of positive effect I will be glad if many many hep b patient can use it.

Let us show you another example.
Journal of Hepatology is the most relavant scientific journal for hep b researchers. Independently from this fact, sometimes I feel that some paper in Hepatology are not so relavant since there are so many variations  ( genotypes, HbeAg,NA naive or not, ...). So conducting experiments with 20-40 patients might be not so relevant. In these cases repeating the experiments by different research groups is very important. Along this way all the results together forms reliable scientific evidence.

U are right we are here to find the solution how to lower the Hbsag.
and i think you are on same path with next month result you will be below 1000 iu/mL (I hope) i want to know is there TDF also having any role in lowering the HBsag in your case.

no, to me it has no role at all because my sister also lowered hbsag about 50% by vitd25oh around 80ng/ml.........but having hbvdna und by a nuc is necessary to have a weaker virus, to avoid mutations and rescue immune response for the future pegintf add on when hbsag 1000iu/ml is reached

we need many other memebers to replicate these results, we won t have homogeneous results for sure because vdr genotypes, nagalase and other factors are important too but we should see a decline
Stefan, what is your bsml vitamin D receptor genotype?
(Mine is Bb.)
Bb/FF
Bb= moderate responder
FF= high responder

also FF is very important more than bb part, what is your complete genotype?

Thank you.
Unfortunatelly, the complete genotype test is not easily available here.
I don't know my full genotype yet.

I started with 3 drops (stabilised vit d ) sublingually on Tuesday before sleep. The second dose was 4 drops together with a 180mcg pegasys injection on Friday. No sides, except noticable fatigue and mild joint pain. (D3 - 20000 iu/day)
I will continue this 3+4 drops / week technique.
redlabs.com has this test and nagalase test available, since it is a genetic test i guess just a blood stain should be enough

your worst scenario would be Bb/ff, this has very slow response but still responds.
"we are not interested, please do not go off topic

just vitamin d increase and hbsag response in this thread started because a human study found hbsag is cleared in patients with higher vitamin d in serum"

The study says normal levels of Vit D around 30-40, not high.

And I wasn't off-topic, I was just trying to help..after all, we are all sick with the same disease.
The fact that gcmaf producers are publishing a paper saying a tenfold increase in GcMAF with a VDR agonist and you guys are ignoring that information makes no sense to me.
Changes can be seen here http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/Vitamin-D3/show/1700894#post_7778026 i have mentioned my virus load was up to 20,000-40,000 iu/ml prior to taking any medication and vit d3.
on March 2013 I started Vit d3 and been tested twice.
HBV DNA ( Jun-2013 ) = 4,154 iu/ml
HBV DNA ( 05-Oct-2013) = 1024 iu/ml.

My Genotype is A.
I will now check my HBSAG quantitative now and will share u for advice. Thanks stef2011 for the advice.

from 40.000iu/ml to 1000iu/ml by using vit d3 only?what are your vitd25oh serum levels?

this is such a great response, even better than an antiviral because you ll find an effect on hbsag too probably
As I suggested above  vit d probably blocks hbv RNA that is why hbs ag goes down so quickly. But in this case it should also decrease syntheses of the other hbv proteind, so viral load should go down.
Interesting observation, if we can replace antivirals with just vit d big pharma will be furiouse....:)))
I started Vit d3 on Jan 2013. Benchmark was 70.8 ng/ml when i was taken 50,000 iu per week. It was a capsule of 50,000 IU. on March 2013 , my viral load amazingly down to 21,921 iu/ml ( October 2012 ) to 389 iu/ml. I didn't believe on the report actually that's why i didn't share with you. I though it was may be a mistake or wrong report.

After your advice ( in Feb-March ) i lower down my dose to 4000 iu, ( 2 pills of 2,000 iu )  daily then retest my Vit d3 which was down to 62.8 ng/ml. I re-test viral load in 07-jun-2013 it was 4,145 iu/ml ( means up ) . After that i increase daily pills to 6,000 iu ( 3 pills , 2000 each ) . Then again re-test on 11-Oct-2013 my DNA down to 1,024 iu/ml.

When i was taken 50,000 iu/ml per week the result was amazing or may be it was wrong report. What's your opinion stef2011 ?

I am feeling much much better after starting vid d3. ALT , calcium , phosphorous are in normal range.
try to do same as after you have a baseline hbsag then increase dose to at least 30.000-40.000iu per day to make serum levels 165ng/ml, check all calcium types, creatinine weekly, and then we will see

of course no dairies diet and 2,5lit of water

if you have a response already at 70-80ng/ml i guess it ll be even bigger at 165ng/ml
you are right if plain vit d can do such a thing we will see this post hijacked by trolls soon

the very good point is that once you have control over hbsag levels you can unblock the pegintf response suppression by hbsag and so the cure is easily to achieve and faster than the sequential treatment tdf and then pegintf addon
my sister is also on 30.000iu of d3 daily plus mafx5(gcmaf), we will have test results soon
Problem is that capsules are only available in 50,000 and 2000 iu only. . I don't know how to divide it ????? 15 capsules of 2000 at once :) :) ?

I am not using GCMAF will it harm over me or ????? i am using milk thistle and a herb since 2 and half years.

2.5 liter per day of water you mean ?

if you dont have other sizes use 50.000iu and lower dose when you reach 150-165ng/ml
puritans has 5000 and 10.000iu pills and biotech has 5000iu pills.

I am not using GCMAF will it harm over me or ?????
i just mentioned gcmaf because me and my sister are using it too, you dont need to use it

vit d calcium increase can happen after 165-200ng/ml (the use of word toxicity is wrong because increase of calcium has nothing to do with toxic, probably another trick from drug makers to scare) but to stay on the safe side just make sure to avoid dairies and check calcium/creatinine tests i suggested weekly.if you follow my steps calcium will stay low or even decrease

2.5 liter per day of water you mean ?
yes of course
I have found GNC Vit d3 in a store here. It's available in 2000, 5000, 10,000 iu can i take it ? If you like i can send u link of same.
yes you can, not the best brand at all because i found it contains Dicalcium Phosphate and no oils to improve absorption

start with the 10.000iu and then see the results, take at lunch with some real organic virgin oliv oil or fish oil so that it gets absorbed

keep looking for an alternative with no Dicalcium Phosphate, i guess it is very low content and just to make the tablet but best without it if you find others
you can go online to a website like iherb.com and buy from brands with thousands of reviews.
I have been taking 20000 iu daily of vitamin D3 daily for about 8 months. Definetely feel better and more energy. I get less tired and handle stress better. Blood pressure got lower. Chest pains have fainted as well as heart skip beats. Maybe because I stopped taking ETV too.

But about a year ago I had issues eating fried food. Felt bad and nocious after say eating a stake next day. Well now I am to do so. Yes. I feel fine next day after eating  fried food. But I still stay on diet though boiled meat and chicken still feel better.

I do everything Stefan here has recomended and from other forums

20000 vitamin D3 daily.
500mcg daily Vitamin K2
6 grams a day of liposomal vitamin c
1200 mg vitamin E
500mg Chanca Piedra
2 grams of magnesium powder
2 spoons of baking soda

Other improvements my black hairy tongue has almost cleared. Now the coating is white and almost normal like it was before I had hbv 8 years ago. Lower lip.lesions and peeling lips have stopped. All this shows at least to me that the immune system is working better. Main stream docs I see say that all this means nothing :))))) well yeah,,. Stefan really big thanks to you for all that you share. Next I plan.to try GcMaf once I save some funds. :(

My calcium levels are slightly above normal. Probably need more vitamin K2.
As for vitamin D3. I would really like to try 100.000 iu daily. Lots of good reports I read on cancer and aids forums. And I think all this overlaps with  our hbv virus.

Also would like to try BHT. But afraid doing it on my own. Unable to find a doctor that will work with me.
Oh btw. I tried Biotech D3 complex. Felt weird after that. I find that my body agrees better with Solgar D3 . Any thoughts why that is. Or maybe it is their high Vitamin K2 dose that rebalances things?
calcium must not be slightly above normal, do you eat dairies?with no dairies is almost impossible to increase calcium because there are no sorces

aprat from our taking big doses of vit d3 dairies are very bad for general health anyway and promote cancers so best give it up anyway
stopping etv is not a good move, hbsag and hbvdna will slowly rise
a smart move...start pegintf so the years of etv are not wasted...

Hi Everybody,
I have finally got my HBV - DNA results and result set is complete now(I'm Anti-Hbe positive) :

July 2013 :
Vit d3(25OH Cholecalciferol) : 162.2 ng/ml
HBVDNA: 162.5 copies/ml
HbsAG: 2308 iu/ml
HDL - LDL :37 - 108

Oct 2013 :
Vit d3(25OH Cholecalciferol) : 36.1 ng/ml
HBV-DNA: 301 copies/ml
HbsAG: 2440 iu/ml
HDL - LDL :35 -100

To sum up after giving up Vit D supplements for about 3 months, I have 6% increase in HbsAg, 4-fold decrease in vit d3 and 1-fold increase in HBVDNA levels.

For me it's clear that my virus level is sensitive to vit d3 level and i restarted vit d3 supplements.By the way i had double dose of Engerix-B vaccine applied 10 days ago, just to try.

I can't increase my HDL level on myself, I plan to try simvastatin after one more test I plan to have next month.

there is indeed a small effect, it would be interesting to see if this effect can become similar to mine (much more decrease):

by use of "stabilized vitamin d" add on
by use of tenofovir
by use of peginterferon
Hi, what do you mean by small effect Stef, is it with vitamin d or vaccine?
i mean i had an hbsag decline in the order of thousands and it would be interesting to see this on other members too.

while you used d3 only i used tdf+etv+d3+stab vit d and we have to see if i was just lucky or one of this compounds or the combo of them may have same effect on others too
Stef, wouldn't it be more fair when we consider the reduction effect in proportions to base values rather than taking it nominally?
that s obvious but only difference in thousands from baseline has a real value, hundreads variations are within test error
What's the best method of testing calcium level ? By Urine or by Blood ? Will there be any difference in reading ? I have tested calcium level by blood .. Is it fine or have to re-test by urine ?
This is fascinating, thank you all for sharing
D
best method is serum calcium and ionized calcium, urine calcium gets higher much before the calcium rises in serum.i think it is best to test them all a urine calcium above normal is not of serious concern while a serum calcium above normal is of extremely serious concern......but
i again confirm the fraud of vit d making higher calcium levels for vit d less than 250ng/ml:
i am several weeks on 50.000iu d3 daily and no dairies diet (especially to prevent cancer, not only for d3) and well my serum calcium is getting under normal levels, todays test is 8.3 (min normal range 8.1)
Viewing 201-400 comments: