Hepatitis B Community
Nurse with positive Hepatitis B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Nurse with positive Hepatitis B

Is a nurse with positive hepatitis B can be able to work in a hospital? As everyone knows it is tramitted via blood but the lab test shows it is not active or high antibodies are point to consider. Is there any chance a nurse can still work if blood test shows Hepatitis B is positive?
Sorry about your condition Rist. Did you get infected from work? If you did then it sould seem that if they dont let you work, they should compensate you in some other way.

Not a HEP B expert, but I thought I read that most people clear it on their own. I also read that there was recently a new med approved by the FDA for HBV. In any event, just hang in there!!

will find out this week if i loose my job in hos also, will up date you . i went in for 3nd hep shot at work so not to get they sent me for blood work to see if shot was needed, they never got back to me yet to busy.
Is it possible for me to look for a job here in the Philippines after I passed the Licensure Examination in nursing? I am a Hepa-B carrier which I got from my mother..I am planning to take up my masteral degree in nursing but thet require a 1 year experience before i can teach as a clinical instructor...Hope you could help me...God bless to all
Dont be discourage.. i have a cousin that got a hepatitis B virus.. she got it when she was working in a hospital.. she was diagnosed as Hepatitis B carrier.. after several years she was examined again.. now she is immune with the virus..she is now a chief nurse in a hospital in our city.. she survived it.. during the blood test it was negative.. so dont be hopeless... just pray... God will answer you... My mother did same.. she was diagnosed with Hepatitis B every 10 years.. but now... she is negative...
that was really encouraging! im happy to hear that!

i am also a nurse,i am not infected with heba b, but worried to be infected because of my line of job..

i am also a nurse,i am not infected with heba b, (hepa b rather) but worried to be infected because of my line of job..
If you do not have HBV, make sure you have anti-HBs positive, so that you are immune.  If your anti-HBs is still negative, get vaccinated.
thank you for that info.

my anti-hbs is reactive.. but somehow im still worried though.

thanks!

yes i am a nurse with hep. still i am working now in a hospital.
some hospital dont mind if your have hep b.
may i know which hospital accept nurse with hep.b?
olivia.
mkkpagaffiliate po b aq kz may hepa b po aq 2nd college n po aq tnx po response asap
im infected with hepa b virus mas maganda na magpacheck up kayo mas maaga mas maganda  para madiagnose what phaseit is. im a chronic hepa b...mahal un  gamot ko un hesprera  252.50pesos.nagpa HBV DNA Ako greater 110,000,000 copies/unit un viral load ko.un treatment ko 1 year start last july 18 .ang goal lang naman d2 ay pababain un viral load mo.by giving hespera for 1 year kailangan lng makita sa machine na less than 35 copies ng viral load para magnegative kasi sa test ng hepa b srcreening .will all have a chances to work as a nurse .we are accept in USA,CANADA,AUSTRALIA EXCEPT LNG SA MIDDLE EAST LIKE UAE . YAN ANG SABI NG DOKTOR KO SA MAKATI MED MAIL ME AT      if you want to mail me add me james_052590***@****    
i was hired in the hospital only recently, all my medical exams are okay..i was vaccinated hep b 15 yrs ago and was revaccinated a month ago since my dosage of immunity was decreased..nothing worried me until a week ago i found out that..."my husband was hepatitis b positive, since he got his blood exams results from the screening for blood donor"...we have 2 children and i was so afraid about them and for me also...i dont know what the first thing to do...it is possible that i might be a hepa positive too even unerd vaccination?? and my children might hve the virus too? do i need to inform the hospital where im working about this situation? im so afraid of so many things...i need my work, my children what do i need to do?? i am not blaming my husband for not informing abt this bec. he himself are not aware abt this and he got the virus when he was a child...PLEASE HEEELPPP MEE!!!!
hi..nakapag work po ba kayo as a nurse kasi anti Hbc IGg is the lifelong marker of hepa b.. HEPA PROFILE po ba yung nirerequire ng most companies para makapag apply or just the screening?
Hi james.. Im not a nurse. Im a teacher. Baka po may alam ka na agency na may malasakit sa mga may sakit na kagaya natin... Gusto rin mag abroad.. Tnx.. God bless