Only babies are given HBIG shot?
I had unprotected sex with a prostitute(condom broke). I had only one of the 3 vaccine shots and that was in 95. My doctor said call the emergency room when I asked her for a hepatitus b immunoglobulin shot. If you get within 14 days of exposure, it it is 75% sure to prevent infection. The emergency room said I need to get it form my doctor

I finally went to a hepatologist, who called the university hospital. They said they only give it to babies whose mother have it. I asked why and they said it just isnt done nowadays.

I don't understand why they would not give it to me? If it was  a matter of keeping the supply for babies who neeed it I would understand but to say "it just isn't done nowadays is stupid".

It would be cheaper for them to just give me the shot then to let me die in a hospital or to get a liver transplant.

Unless they arent telling me something like the shot is dangerous, then I am just amazed at how ineffective and uncaring the medical profession really is.

I somehow cant imagine that every person with a broken condom would receive immunoglobulin from a health care provider... take a step back and think about it.

While HBV can be STD it is highly unlikely to get infected that way. I talked with a person that had HCV in hospital and he normally lived for years with  his wife without condoms and she was negative and they had a child. Even so only 5% of adults go to dangerous chronic state.

Its cheaper and 100% safe not to be stupid.