Please help with hep B results
i have couple of Questions.
1) I got hepatitis B vaccination 8 years back. I just got my Blood test and the report is following:

Hepatitis B  Surface antigen: Reactive
Hepatitis B Core AB total : Non-Reactive
Hepatitis B Surface Anti-Body (Quant ) : 126 mIU/mL

do i have to get the vaccination again ? or am i Infected ? or i should get my blood test again, if yes then in how much time ??
I REALLY need your opinions and experience to analyze my Situation. I really need your help . Thanks

it looks like you got infected by a mutated hbv, unfortunately liver doctors have been so stupid to make hbv worst for patients and general population making antiviral monotherapies.the virus has now mutated in a certain number of people and can infect people vaccinated.
i think all this has been done on purpose because monotherapies are nonsense for virus and bacteria you cannot clear from the body but anyway the damage is already done

if virus replication is active interferon and nitazoxanide (alinia) might help clear the virus, nucs like tenofovir and entecavir can only lower replication and don't cure so i don't suggest them, they are useful only in case of severe liver damage

find a very good and expert liver specialist (looks like there are few)
Thanks for the help,
So you mean to say i am Infected ? is this curable, or i have to be on medications lifelong ?

Hepatitis B  Surface antigen: Reactive

the problem is hbcab negative, make all hbv markers so we can have an idea if yo are clearing a normal hbv strain or if this is hbcab neg cronic hbvh hbsag in iu/ml

hbsag (quantity in iu/ml), hbsb, hbcag, hbcab, hbcab Igm (quantity), hbeag (quantity) , hbeab, hbvdna pcr (quantity sensitivity at least 10-12iu/ml), alt/ast
the virus is in the liver as long as hbsag is positive (although there are also rare cases of occult hbv infection, but rare and not your case)

check also for hdv and hcv viruses

the better drugs to boost immune system and clear infection are interferon and alinia (nitazoxanide), the second is still off label on hbv

some info here
http://www.springerlink.com/content/p415047g258727k8/