Hepatitis B Community
Please respond to this with your thoughts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

On a friday I got the twinrix vaccination, on the very next day I got my blood drawn and 5 days later i was HBsAG positive.  Then I went to my doctor and he took my blood and he sent it out and I came back HbsAg negative.

I have read that the vaccination can cause a false positive for up to 18 days and even 3 to 4 weeks.

My blood test showed my ALT level at 20 ......normal being between 7 and 56  
My AST level was 18.....normal being between 5 and 40

So is it a 50% chance I have heb b?

Also, I would like to know if the current medications such as hespera can allow a person with heb b to continue to run, bike, play hockey and just be healthy and happy.  

This is all come into my life because of a friend who was recently diagnosed and I went to get vaccinated and the story goes from there.

Your question is not clear.

Usually people get tested for HBsAg and HBsAb (if they suspect contact with the virus). If both are negative, they get vaccinated. Did you get these tests ?

Please refer to the following link for more information :

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153
as per forum rules, please do not open multiple threads for same question.

Since you started vaccination series, complete it. After 3rd and final dose (which is after 6 months of first dose), wait for a month and get tested.

1. You got your first dose of hep-B vaccination
2. Next day, you got tested and it was HBsAg +ve
3. After few days tested again and this time HBsAg -ve

Vaccination will not result in HBsAg+ve or make existing HBsAg +ve to -ve.

Hep-B medications are mostly safe and patient can have normal exercise routine. However side effects are to be closely monitored by a doctor.

Here is your mail:
=============
From my post you should understand that the second time I got tested I showed hbsag -.  Should I just get on with my life and continue to take the vaccinations?  Do you think I have hep b?  

>  If you trust your second test, you should continue with vaccination. If not, you may need to get tested again for HBsAg and HBsAb to confirm you are clear.