Hepatitis B Community
Pls help to intepret my results.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Pls help to intepret my results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEST RESULT UNIT REFERENCE RANGES/COMMENTS
hbsag 83.990
anti hbs 2.000 IU/L
ALT 288

hbe ag 0.092
anti hbe 0.005
Anti hbc IgM 0.049
Anti hbc IgG 0.007

CHEMISTRY - Specimen rechecked,SGPT result/s verified.
Slightly icteric sample

IMMUNOLOGY-Specimen rechecked. Result/s Verified
AHBe & AHBc IgG count below the cut-off value
is considered REACTIVE
I am not an expert but I will try to exlain base on my understanding...you are HBV positive (maybe an acute type) and the good thing is you antibody is responding but it is not enough for now for you to be considered as immuned.When you say immune you should have greater than 10 IU/L in your test result.As far as ALT that is very high and that means your liver enzyme is leaking or your antibody is attacking the virus as well as your liver and I think you will come out fine.To be sure just see your doctor and ask for advise.Good luck!
The appearance of anti-HBs (antibodies to the surface antigen of hepatitis B virus)usually follows the disappearance of the same surface antigen of the hepatitis B (HBsAg). Anti HBs persist for years and is associated with immunity to hepatitis B.
Also be liver friendly to help your immune system in the clearing fight.

Avoid drinking alcohol. Alcohol speeds the progression of liver disease.
Avoid medications that may cause liver damage. Your doctor can advise you about these medications, which may include over-the-counter (OTC) medications as well as prescription drugs. It's especially important to avoid using acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), which can cause liver damage even in healthy people.
Eat the healthiest diet you can. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. Healthy foods help keep you strong, give you more energy and support your immune system. If you're nauseated, try eating small meals throughout the day. Choose foods that are soothing and easy to digest, such as soups, broths or a plain baked potato. A registered dietitian can be especially helpful if you have weight loss or trouble eating.
Get regular exercise. Exercise helps increase your strength and energy levels.
Get enough sleep. Rest when you need to.
hello guys,

As others hepers info, the high ALT is expected when taking INF because our immune system attacks the virus. My benchmark for ALT last Aug 2008 is 550 IU/L then my current ALT is 288 IU/L dated Oct 2008. To those who experience INF, how long it will take to lower the ALT to its normal values?
I had test at Lal Path Lab and they gave me report, contents are as below.

hepatitis b core antibody (Anti-HBc),total (CMIA)--7.96

please tell me the status,stage and precautions etc.

thanks