Hepatitis B Community
Plz help
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Plz help

Please help. I had an exposure of saliva from an hbv +ve girl through kissing. After 3 days i got the vaccine 1st shot for prevention. Then after 2nd dose we had kissed again and again exposure to saliva. Now I am a bit scared that I might not get jaundice for acute hepatitis b if exposed. Does the vaccine work as post exposure in this case? its been 160 + days since the 1st exposure and around 100+ days since the 2nd one. My 3rd dose is due in October. Do all get jaundice etc from acute hepatitis. I am worried. Please help.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i even heard of fulminant hepatitis b. Do strong symptoms come depending on the amount of virus to which the person is exposed? and can symptoms come beyond 150 days?
Blank
that is only 1% of people with too strong immune system, the use of tenofovir plus entecavir blocks fulminant hepatitis, there is a report on this on int'l liver meeting on november
Blank
you need blood tests for that and it comes in few weeks or never
Blank
Thanx stef2011 foryour reply. Can u answer regarding my exposure.Does vaccination work or is sufficient in my case? Or should i be worried about jaundice etc. Thanx a lot for your reply
Blank
At this stage you need two tests.

1- HBSag to get a final answer if you are a HBV infected person.
2- If HBSAG is negative with God's will you are lucky and at this stage you need to check in your body had built HBS ab. If less than 10UI/ml do your 3rd dose on october and after a month time re-test for HBSab on the 7th month after you took the first shot. if it is still low HBSab you need a booster shot the fourth one and Stef can correct me on this last one to be taken on the 8th months and then re -test on the 9th months for HBSab ,or get the boosting shot on the 12 month after the 1st shot and re-test on the 13th months after the first shot.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...