Hepatitis B Community
Positive HBsAB with negative HBsAG

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Positive HBsAB with negative HBsAG

Hi there.
I did some blood tests for Hepatitis and the results were Positive HBsAB with negative HBsAG. I have not visited my doctor yet and i am a bit worried about what does this mean. I figured out from sites contains and other posted questions that i am not infected but what is this HBsAB and should it be negative??????????

I appreciate your answering me...
Avatar n tn
positive hbsab with negative hbsag shows you are immune from the vaccination or you contracted the virus and fought it off it depends on some other blood tests which on applies to you
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your help big guy!!!
Avatar n tn
Hi was test HBsAb positive* & NEGATIVE
and HBsAg  NEGATIVE / NEGATIVE  what does that mean
Avatar n tn
Hi was tested HBsAb positive* & NEGATIVE
and HBsAg NEGATIVE / NEGATIVE what does that mean?
The way you posted your labs is unclear.  I assume that "HBsAb positive and NEGATIVE" means that you tested positive for HBsAb with the reference range as NEGATIVE.  And tested HBsAg negative with the reference range as NEGATIVE.  If interpreted this way, it means you don't have HepB and are immuned to it since your antibodies is positive.  This would be very good news.  But always check with your doctor to review your labs.
Avatar n tn
I was tested pisitive in 2005, and I took lot of herbs to clean out my inside
I took mushroom and other stuff to clean out my inside in 2007, my result
HBsAb positve/NEGATIVE
HBsAg NEGATIVE/NEGATIVE
HBeAB NEGATIVE/NEGATIVE
HBeAg NEGATIVE/NEGATIVE
God is good, be strong and keep doing what you do best
God love us and will never leave us alone so put him first
and leave the rest up to him
Thank You  ( bless)
Avatar n tn
Hi, with this result do i still have the vious? is it still in my body or
i'm i clear of it i will still check with my doctor.
Thank You
HBsAb positve/NEGATIVE
HBsAg NEGATIVE/NEGATIVE

means that you don't have the HepB virus and are immuned to it.  Congrats and take good care.
Avatar n tn
Hi I did a blood test the result for HBS Ag is positive and for HBS Ab is negetive  what dose it means.
many thanks
Avatar n tn
my test result shows:             HBsAg-positive. what does it means? thanks
Avatar n tn
you have hepa b
all result where negative except hbsab, what does it mean? is i am free from any hepatitis desease?
In August I was diagnosed hep b core ab positive/abnormal. Also hep b ab positive/abnormal. In October all my results were negative. Again this year in 2010 0f  July, I had a hepatits panel did and again all my results were negative. The problem is I was told I might be a chronic passive just based on the reading of the first test even though it didn't say that. PLease help and respond.
Avatar n tn
I repeatedly get my hep panel back as
Hbs-ag postitive
Hbs-ab postive (69 once and 102 another)
Hbe-ag neg
Hbc-ag neg
Hbc-ab postive

I know my mother was a carrier does this mean I"m still chronic? why are my Hbs- antigens and antibodies postitive?
why are my Hbs- antigens and antibodies postitive?
if like this from long time you have been reinfected by hbsag escape mutants created during lam or adv therapy or if you took those drugs you had the mutation

a part from these mutants there is another form of hbv with both hbs and hbsab positive but i don t remember the article, it was refered to asia and mutations but not related to lam or adv