Possibility of Hepa B infection??
I have a question, i am 24 male
I have completed my hep b regimen when i was little, with booster shots growing up
I took up nursing as my premed course and we are required to have hep b vaccine before our exposure in the community and hospital. I was 19 that time..
I have only recieved 2dose of hep b vaccine and did not have the chance to take the 3rd dose. But im sure i have no exposure before getting the vaccine..

I am now 24yrs old..i have recieved a hep b vaccine last 2012, and this coming month our school requiring us to take a hep b titer test..

I had exposures like needle pricks, assisting a delivery with a hep b mom, and a few sex ( oral sex done to me, never for vaginal or anal sex), im perfectly fine

Does it possible that i am have been infected for hep b?? I never had a hepatitis before neither their signs and symptoms of it? Its possible that i am a chronic carrier now??

Its been 4 yrs since i got another hep b vaccine and i dont know if my vaccines are enough to protect me with the infection full dose regimen in infant and 2dose only (not completed 3rd dose) and after 4yrs a hep b vaccine
do im still protected??
Hi there,
There have been several studies which indicate that immunologic memory remains intact for at least 20 years among healthy vaccinated individuals who have been vaccinated against Hepatitis B at the age of more than 6 months. You have already been immunized and this is the second time you have being vaccinated. The first and second dose offer complete protection. The final injection or third is to prolong protection against the hepatitis B virus. If only the third dose is delayed, it should be administered as soon as possible. The post-vaccination blood test helps to check the body's immune response to the vaccination. This test checks for anti-Hbs antibody level. I will advise you to discuss your concerns with a family physician and take the last dose of the vaccine. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!