Hepatitis B Community
Possible Hepatitis B and care

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Possible Hepatitis B and care

I had a sex experience with an escort a few weeks ago - yes, stupid thing! -, it was unprotected oral sex, and at some point during foreplay my penis might have touched her vagina (no penetration though). I have a lot of symptoms that are consistent with Hep B, but I'm on business travel and will see my doctor only next week to get a test.

So my questions to anyone who can help are in the meantime are:
1. Is it possible to have acquired Hep B in the sex event I described above?
2. Since I know it's very easy to do liver damage, in terms of diet and until I get a test I'm going to be very careful with what I eat, no alcohol, etc. I understand that as long as I have a balanced diet, I'll be OK. I understand I should avoid vitamin A (ie. dairy, egg yolks etc). Are there any other recommendation of what I should avoid?
3. How much rest should I have? I feel weak, and have spent most of the weekend in bed, but will need to go to work until Thursday while on travel. This means a short walk every day and being sit most of the day. Thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot

--Yes.

--You may not get HBV.  Monitor by tests first.  Be calm and relax.

--Sleep and eat well.
I think the worst thing you can do is overreact. I did that the moment my doctor looked at my past records and said "You tested positive for hep B back in 2005." Noone ever told me. This new doctor found it in records that they never even sent me. So I'm just waiting for my test results. I'd be vaccinated in the 90s so we're still trying to sort through all of it. Don't overreact though love, you could just be tired. It sounds like you travel a bit and that can give you some serious jetlag.
You should take care of yourself first, eat well, exercise, and have safe sex from now on so this isn't a huge fretting issue. :)
~S

as suggested to others make vaccine if you are lucky you will develop hbsab protective antibody before the hbsag antigen (it can take 6 months and more to start infection) and avoid hepatitis

eat and sleep well but damage to the liver takes decades even if you get acute hbv, just make a healthy life so that your immune system works properly in the next 6-12 months