Hepatitis B Community
Possible country that hbsag positive can work?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi good am to everyone , is there any country that accept hbsag positive. Thank you
Avatar dr f tn
Hello there,
For a HbsAg positive person to be deemed fit to work a complete hepatitis profile to determine the stage and status of hepatitis may be needed. A hep B carrier can pass the virus on to others. It is important to vaccinate close contacts especially babies and children .are vaccinated. It is best to disclose it to your employer so that precautions for spread of infection can be taken. Discuss it with your family doctor and then take the decision. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
I find your advice to disclose hepatitis b status in the work place to be unusual. Most Hepatitis B organisations advise disclosure is voluntary. Hepatitis B can only be transmitted through contact with bodily fluid such as blood, tear, and semen from a Hepatitis B positive person and your own open wound. It is not transmitted through casual contact.
If you disclose in the work place, does it mean informing everyone in the work place? Do doctors disclose their Hepatitis B status to their patients?
I do agree with you