Hepatitis B Community
Prescription needed for Tenofovir

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Prescription needed for Tenofovir

Hi All,

Is there a way I can have a prescription from a doctor when buying tenofovir online? Here in the Philippines, the drug is not yet available and the doctors are not prescribing it since it is not available. I'm planning to take tenofovir but having trouble in getting prescription, so i cannot order online.

Please advise.
Tags: tenofovir
Hi there!

I am not sure about the laws in Phillipines, though local non-availability of a drug should not be a reason for non-prescription. It would not be possible to obtain a prescription online. I would suggest talking this over with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I currently have high HVBDNA >110000000 IU/ml and my SGPT is elevated (800+). I have an appointment with my doctor in next week, i'll try to talk to her about tenofovir. I hope they will prescribe me with it.
I'am calling out doctors here  in the Philippines who prescribe with tenofovir, please pm me. I'll visit your clinic/hospital. I'm so desperate in getting this drug.
Is there a possibility that a doctor online would prescribe me tenofovir by just giving him/her the result of my hbvdna, alt, hbsag, hbeag, etc.?
Most doctors here in the Philippines will prescribe Entecavir. I have 3 doctors they all prescribed Entecavir Baraclude.
Hopefully we can find doctors here that is mature enough in this situation. Entecavir (30 tablets) is equivalent of 2 months of generic tenofovir. And from studies, tenofovir is most potent drug for hbv. I have an upcoming appointment with a new doctor, she's a hepatologist, i'll ask her about this. I hope she knows about tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. I'll let you know what will happen.
San. B makakabili. Ng tenofivir. Meron b un as mercury. Drug?  Magnanimous kaya
With your high VL you need to.take something. Take Entecavir and get the numbers down. It is the same group of drugs as Tenofovir. So you are not missing anything. Interferon is still the  best for us. So dont worry.
Available na tenofovir sa philippines sa Mercury drug. 135pesos each
Thanks, you are right, need to take something to lower VL, but since tenofovir is already available now in Philippines, i might as well look for it and doctors that will prescribe it.
you know a doctor who prescribe tenofovir?
is it true that renofivir is available in philippines?
Tenofovir po
I also have high hbvdna, 170 mil. But my alt is 50 now...i dont take anything for the moment
Hello po. bibili po sana ako ng Tenofovir tablets. kasi may HIV ako. san po makakabili at papano? pls help me guys....  +639475163903  /   +6323343977
  +639164430400
hello.. meron po tenofovir sa mercury drug,, and brand name nia is VIREAD.. 135 pesos isa.. for me very effective siya from 118million down to 473 in 3mnths na viral load.
My funding for Viread runs out in Aug, 2015.
Gilead is under pressure to have the FDA stop the Generic form.  Tenofovir is made by Cipla in Mumbai, India.  This firm has been making drugs since 1935.  All drugs are distributee in 130 countries.  China has re written their  F D A type regulation banning Viread because the earlier agreement stated that Viread was 300% higher in cost.  China decided at that price, few people could afford the $12,000/yr and was not helping it's people.  Brazil and another country have banned the Viread name and it's exclusion for the Generic Tenofovir.  I am buying the generic through a Canadian pharmacy.  They have store fronts across the country.

I need an RX from my Doc. and give the Rx and a request form.  They ship before the ck clears.  I will pay $00.90 each.  The average price for most of the world is $1.33 per.  Gilead only distributes their Viread.  Most drugs are made by Cipla LLC in Mumbai, Indiana.  My request will be faxed to a reputable Canadian pharmacy and shipped from India right to my door.

Doing this way will be my permanent way.   Congress and F D A  has allowed Gilead, now that they are the exclusive source in the U.S. to mark up each tab to $30 per.  That is 300% higher than all countries in the world.

I have go this route due to cost, like China and Brazil.  Our gov't is siding with the $$, not with it's people.  There are thousands of items doing this.  Apple makes nothing here in U.S.

You feel abused as an indivual.  These are life saving meds.  Any gov't health plan will benefit the 1%.  Congress and George W. Bush said if you can't afford these inflated costs, you should die.  This is a prominent issue that we have NO control over except to see health care costs in other countries and go from there.  Get rid of lobbyists.  Fire all Congress and have the states governors form a congress.  They are closer to the people.  Rx drug costs is one of thousand ripp off schemes passed late at night.

Sorry this long, but all of these 1% are taking money from us and giving us nothing in return