Hepatitis B Community
Prescription needed for Tenofovir
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prescription needed for Tenofovir

Hi All,

Is there a way I can have a prescription from a doctor when buying tenofovir online? Here in the Philippines, the drug is not yet available and the doctors are not prescribing it since it is not available. I'm planning to take tenofovir but having trouble in getting prescription, so i cannot order online.

Please advise.
Tags: tenofovir
14 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I am not sure about the laws in Phillipines, though local non-availability of a drug should not be a reason for non-prescription. It would not be possible to obtain a prescription online. I would suggest talking this over with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
I currently have high HVBDNA >110000000 IU/ml and my SGPT is elevated (800+). I have an appointment with my doctor in next week, i'll try to talk to her about tenofovir. I hope they will prescribe me with it.
Blank
I'am calling out doctors here  in the Philippines who prescribe with tenofovir, please pm me. I'll visit your clinic/hospital. I'm so desperate in getting this drug.
Blank
Is there a possibility that a doctor online would prescribe me tenofovir by just giving him/her the result of my hbvdna, alt, hbsag, hbeag, etc.?
Blank
2127081_tn?1389939963
Most doctors here in the Philippines will prescribe Entecavir. I have 3 doctors they all prescribed Entecavir Baraclude.
Blank
Hopefully we can find doctors here that is mature enough in this situation. Entecavir (30 tablets) is equivalent of 2 months of generic tenofovir. And from studies, tenofovir is most potent drug for hbv. I have an upcoming appointment with a new doctor, she's a hepatologist, i'll ask her about this. I hope she knows about tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. I'll let you know what will happen.
Blank
San. B makakabili. Ng tenofivir. Meron b un as mercury. Drug?  Magnanimous kaya
Blank
With your high VL you need to.take something. Take Entecavir and get the numbers down. It is the same group of drugs as Tenofovir. So you are not missing anything. Interferon is still the  best for us. So dont worry.
Blank
Available na tenofovir sa philippines sa Mercury drug. 135pesos each
Blank
Thanks, you are right, need to take something to lower VL, but since tenofovir is already available now in Philippines, i might as well look for it and doctors that will prescribe it.
Blank
you know a doctor who prescribe tenofovir?
Blank
1435203_tn?1307115407
is it true that renofivir is available in philippines?
Blank
Tenofovir po
Blank
I also have high hbvdna, 170 mil. But my alt is 50 now...i dont take anything for the moment
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...