Hepatitis B Community
Qucik question regarding HepB carrier

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I had this yearly test last march, my SGPT and Liver Fats are HIGH but based on ultrasound my doctor says i have high uric acid and fat livers. ( heavy eater of carbo ). im not sure if i already have Hep or none.

Took a laboratory test with my work as well last may 15, but all are clear.

Qucik question regarding HepB carrier

Hi guys,

To summarize my question, me and my girl had unprotected sex last July7. She has a Healthy HepB. Her  doc said no treatment and medication for that. Her doctor added that the virus is not transferrable that easily but who never knows. Now, my question is IM AFRAID about this things. I have an apointment by July 14 to have the same test as she have. Do you think, she will affect me?

To give you additional info. here the results of her test

HBsAG - Reactive
Anti-HBs - Negative
Anti-HBc - Reactive
HBeAg - Negative
Anti-HBe - Reactive

Let me know how to read these results.

Where do you reside?  In the USA, especially in CA and NY, there are some in the medical community that are trying not to use the term "Healthy HepB carrier" anymore.  That term gives too much false sense of security.  HepB carrier means that person is infected with the HepB virus.  You need monitoring to make sure the virus doesn't re-activate if in a current inactive state and to screen to liver cancer.

Your girlfriend test most like means she is an "chonic inactive carrier" but she should check her viral DNA level and ALT / AST level to check if she has a active disease due to a mutant strain.  Being an inactive carrier mean that she she LESS infectious but she could still pass the virus to others.  

You do know there is a HepB vaccine right?  If you are free of HepB and are not immuned to it, ask to be vaccinated.  Unless you are absolutely sure you are safe and protected from HepB have protected sex.  

From the philippines here. my last vaccine was like around yr 80's. Im just concern and nervous now bec of what happen to us last week - unprotectd sex. i know im free with hepB bec im living in a clean environment but nobody knows. i went to the lab last weekend and had the test and hoping to be negative. if negative, ill take a shot imediately.

bout her, doc said the virus still there but no longer spreading. doc also advised to have a test every 6months to monitor her status.

hoping for the best. thanks man
After so many years, there's no harm to check your HepB antibodies level.  If low, get a booster shot.  Stay protected :) I think you'll be fine.
Hi Steven,

Got my result last wednesday

HBsAG - Negative ( Patient Count : 0.715 / Negative Cut off : 2.0 )
Anti-HBs - Negative ( Patient Count : 0.0 / Negative Cut off 10.0 )
Anti-HBc - Negative ( Patient Count : 2.351 / Negative Cut off 1.00 )
HBeAg - Reactive
Anti-HBe - Reactive

Lab said Anti-HBc, Anti-HBe, and Anti-HAV count are below cut off value. Meaning i dont have anti bodies yet right?

Asked my doctor to have a vacc yesterday. Took my first shot immediately.

It looks like you are not infected and are not immuned so vaccination is good.

But your HBeAg and Anti-HBe should negative or non-reactive as well.  Ask to review this with your MD.  It looks odd beacuse the HBeAg is a protein that is produced when the HepB virus reporduces and you are negative for the HBsAG, meaning you don't have HepB.  Anti-HBe is the antibody for HBeAg, so they should even be both positive.  Strange...maybe your misread or mis-wrote the markers, or it's a false positive.  I think it's minor but check with your MD.

Once immuned your Anti-HBs should go up significantly.
how does a patient know if she has hepatitis B for more than 6months?can a positive HepB allowed to have vaccination for Hep A and E?
2 positive HBsAg test results 6 months apart.

Yes for Hep A, not sure about E.
can u plz xplain my hepa b pr0file test HbsAG:1.0 patient value0.35 result n0nreactive...AntiHBcIgG:1.0..patient value 10.95 result reactive HbeAG:1.0 patient val 0.363 n0nreactive ANTI HCV 1.0patient val 0.09 n0nreactive