Hepatitis B Community
Question about HBV DNA

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Question about HBV DNA

Friends, Steff

I did go through all my tests i.e (LFT, HBVDNA, Elistography..etc). Currently i am waiting for the reports which i am hoping to get today. But i called up and checked my viral load and they said that its 297 iu/ml. I could not do hbasag quantification as that test is not available.

Some background:
I was diagonised with HBSAG + in the year 2005, the HBV DNA was undetected that time. My ALT/AST were within normal range, I repeated the tests again on 2011 even than the HBV DNA was less than 40 IU/ML which is equivalent to undectable range.

Now my recent test shows that the HJBV DNA value 297 IU/ML. Does that mean i am in state where i can clear the virus? Not that my age is 25 years.

I will post my detailed results once i get all of those but i am posting this question because i am could not resist to wait till the reports are out.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks in advance!
Jammy
Tags: s
i have same situation like you plz update me in this regard  i will also take advise from doctor  my appointment with doctor is on coming saturday
Here are my test results:

HBSAG  positive
HBeAg: negative
Anti Hbe: Negative

HBV DNA :459 IU/ml = 2671 copies/ml

Can Someone please help me understand my current condition?

Thanks,
Jammy
Hi Steff,

Can you please look into my blood test results and suggest me on where i stand with this disease? Do i need any treatment, can this be cured at this stage?

Please advice, Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Jammy

like me when i was teen but i was complitely hbvdna und, you need hbsag quant in iu/ml to see if intf+tdf can clear hbv
Thanks Steff !! But as of now i hbsag quantitative test does not exist near by my place. I plan to get it done from different state but that will take some time may 3-6 months due to some personal reason. In the mean time do you think i should start with some treatment. Is there anyway i can get the HBV DNA back to undetectable again?

I am visiting my doctor again on 2 nd of august he may suggest me some treatment right now he has prescribed me some multi vitamin powder and minerals tabs that to when i asked if i can take some supplements . But during my first visit When i asked my doctor about HBSG quantification he said its not very useful test and also the chances of clearing virus is very less about 1-2 % might clear this virus. The problem in our country is these doctors are very negligent ,they just want to make money regardless the patients condition and when i visited him he is too busy to even respond to my queries.

Can you please guide me through this. I am very worried,my health is getting worst day by day also my parents are planning for my wedding,i am getting very scared of all these.

Thanks,
Jammy

Thanks,
Jammy
Hi Steff,

Here is my complete reports except HBSAG Quant. Can you please look into it? and suggest me if i need any treatment?

HBSAG  positive
HBeAg: negative
Anti Hbe: Negative
HBV DNA :459 IU/ml = 2671 copies/ml

Total Bilurubin: 0.7
Direct Bilurubin: 0.2
inDirect Bilurubin:0.5
SGPT(ALT) :46 Ref Range (0-40)
SGOT (AST) :35 Ref Range (up to 40)
Alkaline phospatase:121 Ref Range (30-120)
Total Protines :7.4 Ref Range (6-8)
Albumin:4.4 Ref Range (3.5-5.2)
Globulin :3. Ref Range (2.3-3.5)

Fibroscan/Elastography report:

COLOR DOPPLER SCAN AND REAL TIME SCREENING ULTRASONOGRAPHY OF ABDOMEN

LIVER: normal in size and contour. Parenchymal echotexture is increased  NO IHBD. CBD is normal

COLOR DOPPLER: Portel vein is 12 mm, normal, No thrombosis.  No reversal of flow.

Elastography of the liver performed, ARFI values are ranging bettween .86 - 1.45 mt/sec suggesting fatty infiltration with normal stiffness of the liver parenchyma

GALL BLADDER, PANCREAS, SPLEEN, KIDNEYS, URINARY BLADDER, AORTA, IVC are normal.  

No evidence of ascites. No lymphadenopathy. No effusion

No mass lesion in the Iliac fossae

CONCLUSION:  color doppler and ultrasound findings are --
fatty infiltration with normal stiffness of the hepatic PARENCHYMA NOTED ON ELASTOGRAPHY WITH ARFI VALUE OF 0.86 - 1.45mt/sec
Hi Steff,

Can you please look into all my test results including fibroscan and suggest me if i need some treatment.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Jammy

i dont see results from a fibroscan, i dont think you had a fibroscan because results are in kpa, range 3-75kpa

you have fatty liver, you need to increase vit d to 60-90ng/ml and change your diet with fresh vegetables, no meat, few white meat, lot of fresh fish or omega 3 with dha+epa about 2.5-3g

make sure no contrast liquid is used because it damages kidneys, a nomrl US is more than enough

all other tests without hsag are useless, if fibroscan is less than 7kpa you can wait for better cures if you like

Thanks Steff !!

So the elastography is useless to know the liver condition? I am already taking with D3 60000 iu two weeks once and already completed 2 dose. I am not sure if it is safe to take that big dose of vit D without testing for vitamin D level. I am also taking multivitamin powder and mineral tablets which doctor prescribed.

After i started taking these suppliments one good thing is i am not feeling tired even though i work for more than 10 hours a day and also my weight increased from 45 to 49 in just within three weeks which never happened in last five years.

Do you think i can wait for the treatment with the current condition or it will be too late if i go for a treatment may be after 4-6 months after doing all the tests you suggested.

what do you mean when you say "if fibroscan is less than 7kpa you can wait for better cures if you like " are we expecting a cure for this disease in near future. Note that my age now i 25 years and i am living with disease at least from 2005 on wards.

Can you also please comment on my increased ALT level. Is there any problem with this?

Lastly wanted to know if fatty liver can be brought back to normal?

Thanks,
Jammy

What is the Dr. advice to you, since we are the same, hepa B carrier is not easy to cured as per the Dr. advice depends on the viral loads comes out in your HBV-DNA test, if the HBV-DNA test is lesser than the cut off value there is a possibility that it will cure, but if not it will take a year to cure. It still better to see a specialist Dr for more info.

As per the explanation yesterday done by some Gastroenterologist of different hospitals here in the Philippines in celebration of World Hepatitis Day in Medical center manila........

most doctors are ignorant and not updated about hbv, only researchers are updated
hbvdna is useless, only hbsag quant can define status and chances of cure

philippines has no machiines for hbv tests and no doctors, just one research center with abbott architect and fibroscan and doctors not reliable, most corrupt just selling useless drugs
Hi Steff,

Can you please help me with below questions?

Thanks,
Jammy
So the elastography (fibroscan) is useless to know the liver condition?

why do you say that since we post the opposite

with D3 60000 iu two weeks once and already completed 2 dose. I am not sure if it is safe to take that big dose of vit D without testing for vitamin D level.

it is useless to take vit d3 without testing both vit d and calcium, if you dont test dont take it, you dont know what you are doing

multiminerals made from chemicals and not extracted from natural sources are probably useless if not dangerous, double check that vitamins are extracted from vegetables

what do you mean when you say "if fibroscan is less than 7kpa

elastography which is fibroscan, range 3.5-6kpa no liver damage, 6-7kpa no relevant liver damage

no if fibroscan is ok

fatty liver is just a problem with food quality/type, it can reversed in few months, check how i did in the post in 2011 "update on my fatty liver"

fatty liver can be as serious as hbv, changes in life style, diet can clear it very fast.vit d, natural vit E 800ui daily and omega 3 help with reducing weight
Steff,

Sorry about the delayed reply i was out of town. Thanks a lot for all your inputs. Can i take Vit d, Natural Vit E 800UI and omega 3 without the prescription from doctor?

If yes can you please suggest me the names of these suppliments so that i can ask for it just to make sure i get the pure form of these suppliments.

Thanks a lot for helping through this.

Jammy
Steff,

Thanks a lot for helping through this.

Jammy