Question about Lab report - Hepatitis B
My dad knows limited english. We would like to know what his lab report means. Thank you in advance.

Hepatitis Be antigen - nonreactive

Hepatitis B Virus DNA 1410000 IU/mL

Hepatitis B Virus DNA 8210000 copies/mL

Alpha Fetoprotein, Tumor Marker 12.6 ng/mL

The doctor prescribed him a year of Viread 300mg

We are very worried about him.

It is very hard to give you our opinions based on so little and one-off information.
Most likely your Dad has HBeAg negative chronic Hepatitis B (high viral load and HBeAg is negative). Because of older age, treatment is recommended and Viread is one of 3 first line treatments.
So there is every reason to believe that your Dad will respond to Viread and provided his liver is in a reasonable shape, his prognosis should be very good.
This test means that he active has HBV infection.
I can not comment on the treatment, but to monitor its progress you should also test Hbsag quant, alt, ast.
Thank you both for your quick response. My dad currently does not feel any symptoms. He did feel some side effects after taking the Viread. He also has diabetes for a long time. Can diabetes lead to liver disorders(Hep B)?
It is just as important to keep the diabetes under control, as for Hepatitis B. Diabetes does not cause Hep B, but it can certainly affect the liver, and the liver can affect diabetes.